Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Good night, fingers crossed you get some more snow overnight!

Thank You, good night you too! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Just started snowing at Moulton

Posted

has anyone commented on the suday event for norfolk/suffolk on here recently? sorry if that has just been asked but I've just come online..

Thank you people..

The Eye In The Sky posted a good summary earlier, possibly in the last thread that is now closed regarding the weekend!

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted

I wish it wasn't so late.

I might be wrong in what im about to say so don't blame me if it goes wrong. However looking at the Sat pics/Radar I can see quiet a cluster of snow showers that might move along the Norfolk coast into the N Cambs area and then continue moving Northants way.

There is the potential of some heavy falls between 1-3am IMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

A good omen for Sunday's event, if the GFS is predicting temperatures of -1 to -3C across East Anglia tonight and they're really at -4 to -6C.

Carry the same difference across to Sunday, and instead of the progged 2 or 3C we'd end up with -1 or 0C...

Posted

has anyone commented on the suday event for norfolk/suffolk on here recently? sorry if that has just been asked but I've just come online..

Thank you people..

Julie Reinger on the Look East forecast was ramping Saturday esp. in the East...:wallbash:

Posted

I have been here allnight and read every post without having to skip pages also, yes great group and glad that the split was made. Now lets see some SNOW.

yes, some more snow would be nice, however, I have nearly finished beer number 2 which has gone straight to my head, so i think it is time for me to retire to bed!

Posted

A good omen for Sunday's event, if the GFS is predicting temperatures of -1 to -3C across East Anglia tonight and they're really at -4 to -6C.

Carry the same difference across to Sunday, and instead of the progged 2 or 3C we'd end up with -1 or 0C...

Indeed and like I said earlier the temps are impressive under these conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Temp here currently -5.6c and falling.

Got some showers a few miles to my east but not sure if they will go around me as a lot of others have previously.

Anyway time to call it a night, really do prefer it like this feels like a smaller group who actually have time to read and answer each other rather than jumping pages in a few minutes.

Sweet dreams all, hope you all wake with some more snow on the gound

Janet x

Me too. A certain Kent poster was sending me nuts! Even looked for this 'Ignore' button for him.

Ah well, tomorrow's another day… let's hope Frances & Sky are right and everyone else is wrong (or have they backtracked too?) night night and best of East Anglian and 3 counties luck to us all. And blow me it's snowed very slightly. :wallbash:

Posted

I wish it wasn't so late.

I might be wrong in what im about to say so don't blame me if it goes wrong. However looking at the Sat pics/Radar I can see quiet a cluster of snow showers that might move along the Norfolk coast into the N Cambs area and then continue moving Northants way.

There is the potential of some heavy falls between 1-3am IMO.

Think you my be right

post-5601-12629967457742_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Now snowing quite steadily decent sized flakes. Temp -2.6c

Posted

yes, some more snow would be nice, however, I have nearly finished beer number 2 which has gone straight to my head, so i think it is time for me to retire to bed!

Are well you can always have Snow dreams tonight and the real thing tomorrow :wallbash:

Posted

Are well you can always have Snow dreams tonight and the real thing tomorrow :wallbash:

yay :clap:

Posted

Me too. A certain Kent poster was sending me nuts! Even looked for this 'Ignore' button for him.

Ah well, tomorrow's another day… let's hope Frances & Sky are right and everyone else is wrong (or have they backtracked too?) night night and best of East Anglian and 3 counties luck to us all. And blow me it's snowed very slightly. :wallbash:

Well just saw a BBC forecast and although he said there could be a lot of snow in the far South East, it did show snow over much of East Anglia and also the Midlands.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Re: Saturday/Sunday snow

Easterlies can spring surprises with snowfall, as they have a much longer sea track. They can be a bit more of an unknown, but the more Easterly/North Easterly the wind is the better we will do. If the winds veer South East then the snow chances will probably decrease.

As always look out for posts from the more experienced posters especially from the likes of the following:

Steve Murr (although will be posting on the London & South East discussion)

The Eye in the Sky - our in house East Anglia/East Midlands expert!

Thundery Wintery Showers - another in house East Anglia expert!

Nick Sussex

Nick F

Thundery Wintery Showers

Kold Weather (although not sure if he is posting this weekend)

There are others like Ian Brown, North Sea Convection, but the above are the more regular posters.

I for one am hoping for not much snow, as my work is suffering and I need it to warm up, but what I say will have no bearing on the weather, lol!

Enjoy.

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

yes, I think your right about the bbc, they now show lots of snow 'up to 8"' now!

I think ill stick to you guys on netweather, though I get the feeling also that it will end up south of ea. I just hope those winds go as easterly as possible, giving me a better chance this time!

just been for a great drive on the local airfield, good fun, especially in a complete whiteout, made it home safely though, just!

Posted

Last report, currently very light snow in Milton Keynes, we must have caught the edge of what Northampton is getting!

Good night all