Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

Posted

BBC Norfolk say heavy snow and drifting later. :D Will we finally get a dumping today.

Snowing again here, heading your way, getting very excited we MIGHT see somethign special this weekend

Posted

Scrub that, a shower just come in, sideways. Brrr that wind looks cold, we were gonna go for a walk later too.

Posted

stuck my head out the door earlier then quickly pulled it back and shut it, it is verrrry cold out there

Posted

Snowing again now quite heavily in Ipswich.....

Can forsee ALOT of customers not being able to make todays shows at work....

OMGosh the wind just pepped up massively, causing mini blizzard like conditions......

Posted

The constant showers did the trick last night with the snow shower at 3am lasting for around 45mins. Must have around 3inches of snow outside.

Posted

Had some showers overnight which has left us with a few cm this morning. Loads of showers coming off the North Sea but, because of the wind direction, they are dying out before they get to me again as they are travelling right across Norfolk to get here. Cambridge seems the limit where they get to so perhaps they might catch a few showers today.

Posted

The constant showers did the trick last night with the snow shower at 3am lasting for around 45mins. Must have around 3inches of snow outside.

Well done Dave some of them showers must have made it to Northampton, woke to about another cm or so this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Morning!. We had what amounted to a faily light shower, more akin to an extra dusting...

Posted

Dry and bright here in east Suffolk. A slight dusting overnight, but no notable addition to the existing cover which stands at 13cm (and is now blowing around in the strong winds).

Posted

Well considering they couldn't even keep the B1108/A47 junction clear (main route to the N&N esp for ambulances) I don't rate your chances.

That slip should have it's own gritter to constantly keep it clear for goodness sake

Posted

As for tonight/tomorrow and nothing has changed really. The snow should hit this region around midnight tonight. This snow is likely to continue until Monday with the risk of the snow turning heavier during Sunday afternoon/evening onwards. If the UKMO is right the snow could continue into Monday night!

I tell you what if the precip is even moderate then we're looking at some heavy falls!

Posted

Wow! That's great news, chuffed for you!!

What a difference a few miles makes hey! I have just over a cm, still looks promising :whistling:

Just want to thank you for your model analis and outlooks you do, spot on :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Morning all

I notice that the METO forecasts this morning are using the phrase "wintry flurries of sleet and snow" for tomorrow.

Does that mean that marginality is once again rearing its head?

Posted

Morning all

I notice that the METO forecasts this morning are using the phrase "wintry flurries of sleet and snow" for tomorrow.

Does that mean that marginality is once again rearing its head?

Any marginality will probably be confined to coastal areas.

Meto seem to be giving the impression to me anyway that the snow tonight and tomorrow will be of a

more showery nature. Granted the showers would likely be prolonged and perhaps heavy at times.

This would be due to the more general cloud and snow frangmenting as it moves further north and west

over the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Any marginality will probably be confined to coastal areas.

I was fearing that might happen! :cold:

Then again, temps have occasionally been over-estimated in the last few days, and with the snow cover around here, I'm hoping that these factors will all weigh in our favour!

Posted

Morning.

Seems after 11pm last night we had a snow shower and maybe a few more, we now have a couple extra of cm's on non-snow covered surfaces eg:car tracks and sides of cars and recycling boxes.

It's extremley cold outside again and it looks like the snow froze straight away to surfaces.

Posted

Good Morning,

Had another dusting of snow during the night, possibly given about 0.5-1cm, it's hard to tell as the only non-snow covered surface is my car windscreen!

The lowest temperature last night was -4.4 degrees, currently it has climbed to -2.9 degrees.

Am I right in assuming that today and tomorrow I should expect much the same as last night, that being showers heading my way on the radar and maybe the odd flurry?

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Good morning all. I have had some brief light showers overnight giving perhaps 1-2cm. Min temp of -3.6c

Can someone please indicate on satellite the general direction that todays showers are from. Thank you.