Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'm still amazed at the variation in snow amounts between here and outer London. Here we have 3 inches, in Barnet theres 5, and in Watford (ok, not technically London but close) theres 6!!

Three inches in parks was our max, excellent quality on thursday but need a top up!

Posted

Mr Murr, lol. What a god! You have built up such respect with your unbeatable, fantastic posting that, with a lot of justification, people hang on your every word. I take my hat off to your influence. Have you noticed that since your last post the forum has gone deadly quiet. Everyone else has now "given up the ghost" and buggered off down the pub.

What a star!

Karl :good:

Posted

Maybe it's this lot coming!! laugh.gif

German Blitzzard

Get your steel helmets out.

This is what Francis Wilson from Sky News was referring too. Too much doom and gloom on here at the moment.

Posted

Still snowing in Brighton,small flakes but very fast ,dont give up guys ,you never know what will happen overnightrolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

This is what Francis Wilson from Sky News was referring too. Too much doom and gloom on here at the moment.

Yeh but if that goes anywhere in Britain it will be East Anglia. That also looks very light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Thanks Steve, and Paul for telling it like it is. I can now switch off the light, close the curtains and try to find something else to do. It like something has died... I trust what you are saying and as one of those foolishly hoping for change, I finally can't see it coming.

Time to start talking to the BF again...or any films on tonight?

Posted

I have to agree and also with Mr Murrs post too. Unless something has gone drastically wrong with the weather. I remember the guy Joe B from Accuweather saying the UK was going to get the mother of all snowstorms last Sunday then having to backtrack a few days later, I sense the same happening with our own forecasters and yet Francis Wilson on Sky was forecasting this snow it like the BBC were earlier... unless of course they know something that isnt apparent to others. If so we will wake tomorrow to the forecasted centimetres nationwide however at the moment it seems the party is over for now... who's got the hoover! Im off down the pub!

Professional Forecasters know more than people on an internet forum shock!!!!...............erm no not really however much you want to put certain people on this forum into a demi god status they are still amateurs, admittedly good ones but if astounds me that when certain people post there amateur synopsis/forecasts on here people roll over like little puppies and disregard what may have been said by others.

Rant over...

Posted

You're possibly the most optimistic Londoner on here with regards to snow mate - I wish I shared it!!!

Posted

Rob McElwee is still going for it on BBC London. Don't know what to think any more. Very confused.

Jan

Same here - very respected posters here saying its game up for most yet Sky / BBC still running with it :)

Posted

Professional Forecasters know more than people on an internet forum shock!!!!...............erm no not really however much you want to put certain people on this forum into a demi god status they are still amateurs, admittedly good ones but if astounds me that when certain people post there amateur synopsis/forecasts on here people roll over like little puppies and disregard what may have been said by others.

Rant over...

At least Steve puts the time in to attempt forecasts CG - It is posts like these that make them not bother.

Can we have an outlook from you then, I seem to remember you dissing some of the Summer T-Storm Forecasts from Spanish Plumes in recent years also.

So what is going to happen tonight and tomorrow ??

Paul S

Posted

Same here - very respected posters here saying its game up for most yet Sky / BBC still running with it cc_confused.gif

BBC and Sky have been wrong for London everyday since Wednesday.

Posted

Rant over...

Sorry CG dont really see where you are coming from there....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

I'll still give the benefit of the doubt to the Met Office for the time being. I mean, if things were going to really quiet down they would have updated by now-surely? smile.gif

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Rant over...

I have to say that I agree 100%

WITH STEVE M

Posted

You're possibly the most optimistic Londoner on here with regards to snow mate - I wish I shared it!!!

MetO have issued a severe warning of more snow for the Croydon Borough. There must be something the MetO and Sky News know that some on here don't. Francis Wilson tells all how it is, so I'll be interested to see how things unfold with the prospect of more snow tonight into Sunday & Monday.

Posted

Rant over...

Very harsh. Imo the likes of Steve, Paul, Nick and KW do a great job - they offer their opinions (for free I might add!) for us. I suspect a lot of the problem is us misreading or misinterpreting them and then taking our frustrations out on them.

Edited by Vesuvius

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

I almost feel guilty for saying this, but its still going here - its just dosent want to stop it seems !!

Having measured a level depth of 29cm before lunch today, there must have been a good 5-7cm more since at least

Is there anyone else from mid-kent anywhere nr here ( nr Lenham ) that can give provide an up to date temp... ??

My oregon has been saying temps have been around +0.3 to +1.0c all day and most of last night and yet the snow just builds and builds with no slow thaw at all - even early this morning when amazingly it wasnt snowing for an hour

current temp showing as 0.8c which is an increase of half a degree in the last half hour

Posted

What about the long band that is currently heading towards us over France and Northern Germany at the moment? Obv quite a few hours away though, if it did actually make it here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I'll still give the benefit of the doubt to the Met Office for the time being. I mean, if things were going to really quiet down they would have updated by now-surely? smile.gif

I think they have, just a warning for the special bits of kent, then all green for mon-wed for us

Posted

At least Steve puts the time in to attempt forecasts CG - It is posts like these that make them not bother.

Can we have an outlook from you then, I seem to remember you dissing some of the Summer T-Storm Forecasts from Spanish Plumes in recent years also.

So what is going to happen tonight and tomorrow ??

Paul S

Great post. Thanks to steve m for his forecast even though it's not what we want to hear. I'm sure that steve himself is hoping he is wrong yet with the Least From The Noreast in charge I fear he is going to be right.