Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

should be here before that mate heavy stuff just arriving at bristol now see attached reds and yellows now

i just measured the distance between the bit that's heading straight for me, and took the radar back the same distance. it was there 3 hours 20 mins before 2245.

ahhh, just realised my performance related bonus hinges on getting this right!

can I have 5 minutes either way?

:drinks:

Posted

front is coming along nicely - won't be long now - shows no real sign of degrading - and is pushing into south and mid wales lovely - so hold onto your hats

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

I've been snow touring today, took in Gilfach, Porth, Ponty, Peterston and Cardiff. There was little not passable where I went. And all the supply teachers live in Cardiff anyway tease.gif

And school's are not teacher specific. My bro has been digging himself out of Caerphily to get to Bridgend all week. I cannot believe all the closed schools have mountain dwelling teachers exclusively.

Well its not that have you tried walking on the stuff its lethal especaily where there isnt much powder. Its very powerdery still here so not too bad but futher down like? No mater what you do you cant get rid of the slush which has been iceing up in Cardiff and making the pavements very lethal.

Posted

front is coming along nicely - won't be long now - shows no real sign of degrading - and is pushing into south and mid wales lovely - so hold onto your hats

Looking heavy aswell by the radars being posted

Posted

i just measured the distance between the bit that's heading straight for me, and took the radar back the same distance. it was there 3 hours 20 mins before 2245.

whistling.gif

NO - you either get it exactly right or your sacked!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

:drinks:

I recon 1 pm for mid glam but you may be right. What makes me laugh is this is what was predicted for last night and the beeb knew it was not going to arrive and yet tonight when there are reports along the m4 coridoor nothing is mentioned. Hope we at least get a dusting from this before the big one on tuesday :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

I thought it would be a non event tonight but looking at ''will it rain'' The heavy stuff should be with us within an hour or so.

Weather warning then stays with Monmouthshire untill Weds.

Will i ever get to work...........................oh well the pub is open to all those snowed in

Posted

Andy,,,,,should I believe even a little, incy wincy bit more? You are my help.gif phone a friend. lol

Posted

I recon 1 pm for mid glam but you may be right. What makes me laugh is this is what was predicted for last night and the beeb knew it was not going to arrive and yet tonight when there are reports along the m4 coridoor nothing is mentioned. Hope we at least get a dusting from this before the big one on tuesday drinks.gifdrinks.gif

I think what was predicted for last night ended up in Ireland and as they had egg on their faces again they pulled all the warnings for today but it seems tonight there may well be a bit of action yet

Andy,,,,,should I believe even a little, incy wincy bit more? You are my help.gif phone a friend. lol

yep - it's coming - won't be long now - you'll be almost one of the 1st to get it as well

Any chance of some of tonights showers hitting Swansea? Tried looking at raintoday but I am on my mobile and it won't load

yes i think swansea may be in the line of fire too

Posted

NO - you either get it exactly right or your sacked!!!!!!!!!!

i think you'll find my mate Gordon will think differently! :)

I'm thinking this snow could give us quite a covering tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Any chance of some of tonights showers hitting Swansea? Tried looking at raintoday but I am on my mobile and it won't load

Possibly in the next 2 hours

Posted

I think what was predicted for last night ended up in Ireland and as they had egg on their faces again they pulled all the warnings for today but it seems tonight there may well be a bit of action yet

yep - it's coming - won't be long now - you'll be almost one of the 1st to get it as well

Will it snow heavily in Cardiff?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Hopefully the GFS will fall in line with the UKMO/NAE

But it is something the GFS has been on to for a few runs now with regards to the higher upper air temps being pulled northwards, so it cant be rulled out yet.

The GFS ensemble mean doesnt pull the higher upper air temps as far northwards as the GFS operational does.

Also notice the 18Z doesnt push the front as far NE as the 12z did....instead the 18Z keeps it confined to the W + SW.

Posted

Not looking good tbh, we had failry moderate snow earlier left a dusting on cars that had been cleard of snow and on the clear paths jst looked out and the cars are clear again ? and the blanket of snow still seems to be getting thinner which isn't good.

Posted

Will it snow heavily in Cardiff?

yes ISH - but you'll probably do better out of tuesday night's/wednesday morning's event

Hopefully the GFS will fall in line with the UKMO/NAE

But it is something the GFS has been on to for a few runs now with regards to the higher upper air temps being pulled northwards, so it cant be rulled out yet.

The GFS ensemble mean doesnt pull the higher upper air temps as far northwards as the GFS operational does.

Also notice the 18Z doesnt push the front as far NE as the 12z did....instead the 18Z keeps it confined to the W + SW.

The GFS can never be ruled out, and it will be extremely interesting to see tomorrow charts.

Posted

OK....Let you all know when it arrives so you can time it. lol In SW thread it turned to rain in Bradley stoke, probably because near the severn,,, prob same here but hopefully the rest of you will get pure, beautiful white fluffy stuff....

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

0.5C here in Cwmbran SE Wales. Radar showing snow not far away. Not a flake in the sky outside yet...will keep you posted as soon as I see one !!

Bullworker

Cwmbran 150m asl Upper Cwmbran - 5 miles east of Newport

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

SNOW soon :(

Cardiff-Wales airport reporting snow:S

Edited by JACKONE
to Remove off topic comments

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

2.8c here in Mumbles. Snow not likely here now.

1.4 °C here 4-5 miles from Mumbles

Flicking through the 18z GFS ensembles and there's very strong agreement on Tuesday's event. Mostly rain affair for SW England (apart from moors) but more on a knife edge in Wales with a good chance of significant snow. Precip never really makes it to N. Wales before stalling. Perhaps something inbetween the NAE and GFS will be the outcome... I'd take that.