Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Sounds good jackone i hope the front struggles to reach the midlands and sits on top of s wales 4to 6inc sound right ,how far north do you reckon it will reach jack one before it fizzles out?

I don't know to be honest, there are so many conflicting reports.

but at the moment, I'd take one really heavy snowfall, even it only lasted 48 hours.

Posted

been picking to snow here for quite a while now but just looked out back and it has picked up a bit,sticking a little on our bins,where is this coming from because looked at radar and it looks clear for my area.

Posted

Forcaster on bbc radio wales mentioned a snow streamer forming from kent along the m4 coridor tonight

what is a snow streamer???

cheers

Guys

a line of showers following one after another and if your in the right place you get loads of continous snow

been picking to snow here for quite a while now but just looked out back and it has picked up a bit,sticking a little on our bins,where is this coming from because looked at radar and it looks clear for my area.

precip is definitely getting more organised

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

a line of showers following one after another and if your in the right place you get loads of continous snow

precip is definitely getting more organised

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

i was looking on met office radar,shall watch this one now more often thanks.

Posted

any chance off what they are having in ireland will swing back this way

please say yes

nope - everything is coming from the east and if radio wales know something I don't the snow streamer will bring lots of snow to south wales!

Posted

nope - everything is coming from the east and if radio wales know something I don't the snow streamer will bring lots of snow to south wales!

stop teasing me:whistling:

starting to pick up here now snow

also a orangie clouds above

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

global warming is still an idea and not a proven fact - the earth has been around for millions of years and in that time it's warmed and cooled even without our influence but with much bigger influences like the sun and volcanoes etc. - And I don't believe the governments even with all their ideas can hope to control such a large thing as the earth's temperature.

Indeed the Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years. However it is likely that in the space of just 250 years the concentration of greenhouse particulates has doubled, make of that what you will, but we should be in the specific thread I guess.:whistling:

Posted

post-4320-12631581327942_thumb.png

:whistling:;);)

Friend jus sent me this hope I'm allowed to post????

Edited by NAOwillgetyou

Posted

I don't know to be honest, there are so many conflicting reports.

but at the moment, I'd take one really heavy snowfall, even it only lasted 48 hours.

It must be approaching about 90per cent certain this snow event taking place.

Posted

Anyway, GM (sic) or not, its been a bit chilly this month:

post-2595-12631583604942_thumb.jpg

Posted

The snow now is certainly making up for earlier especially that rubbish snizzle,the radar now looks much more pepping up.

Got another good covering here mainly small flakes which Ilike when it`s below 0c. :D

Posted

the bare patches are SLOWLY being filled in by the light snow here now. very very slowly

Posted

It must be approaching about 90per cent certain this snow event taking place.

I'd say more like 50/50, and even then it's likely to be wet snow on low ground (if that) and settling snow the higher you are.

But it really is very uncertain.

Posted

So....

Moving on, can we make something positive of the pending Atlantic system? and subsequent systems?

Rain wars? we got more than you and so on??? no?....ok,its just not the same really,aaah.

How long before this forum reverts back to default ,with hours and even days between posts before it eventually shuts down and hibernates for 10 months or so?

Can we have some sort of party to mark the end?

I just nipped outside to say thank you and farewell to the 3 lamposts i have used,but they didnt reply, as i think they often overheard me slagging them off for not delivering.

Whilst walking back up the garden path, i tried not to look down at the once proud but now rotting lying snow,i swear i could hear it screaming so highly pitched "save me ,save me" rather like in the film (the fly),i swallowed hard,stiffened my upper lip,and as i entered my humble abode, i solemnly closed the door behind me,held the handle for anextra moment in time,and then let go.

If we are to have a party then...bad.gifwacko.gifdrunk.gifwallbash.gifbad.gif you wouldnt start a party like this ,so why finish one like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Well snow is very very very very very very slowly sticking to the paths and road, not so much to the cars although they have flakes on them. Small flakes so unless they get bigger, or heavier i doubt we will get much of a covering if anything. How is it looking for tonight though, can we expect anything?

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Temp here is +0.4c and snow is light to maybe moderate, yet it's settling well on all surfaces.

Now I know that the air temp isn't everything, but I do sometimes wonder if my thermometer reads about 0.5 to 1 degree C too high ...........

Posted

seems to be some slighty heavier snow approaching from the east which when it gets to wales may increase in it's ppn rate again because of the mountains - so there's a chance we could have some more substantial snow before the night is over

GFS 18z latest model run firms up on tuesday into wednesdays event and gives heavy blowing snow for a lot of Wales 12 midday tuesday till 6pm wednesday afternoon

Posted

just been reading geral model and it seems like things could go either way,they seem to think the cold is going to win over the warm.but they also say that it is so complicated they not sure how its going to go.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

The GFS still wants to pull up the warmer upper air temps for tuesday:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn482.png

However as we get in to wednesday and a more easterly flow kicks in the warmer upper air temps are forced out:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn602.png < upper air temps

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs603.gif < Heavy Precipitation

GFS 18z gives a rain to snow event here in South Wales, better than all rain!

Posted

That snow in england is developing and coming over pretty quickly so should be here within the next hour or so!

I feel like my puppy now...... I like lamp posts. Well me for watching for the white stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

That snow in england is developing and coming over pretty quickly so should be here within the next hour or so!

What snow, where? Where are you getting this information??