Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Yeah what happens if it hits Tyneside first and weakens! tongue.gif

It wont so i dont need to think like that laugh.gif

Posted

22:00 radar still looks OK, but its nerve racking as to whether Newcastle will get it or not. Even East Tyneside looks better than West Tyneside!

I was saying that there WOULD NOT be an extreme warning, I was wondering why they left a gap!

I mis-red ya post. :) Must be the nerves!

Can't say i am too chuffed about the latest radar update, you can see how the NNW flow will have on the front it would seem. What could happen is the front could stay off shore and the NNW flow will send it into eastern Teesside and into North Yorkshire.

For all the time you want the upper winds to be due North its now, NNW(which we have now) are risky as our location does not stretch into the North Sea enough. I'm still worried it won't make landfall or if it does, it will be just on the coasts only.

Posted

10pm update was awesome the snow intensity got upgraded and the lenghth of ppn did too COME TO PAPA yahoo.gif IF this next update is good im going to start looking out of my window!!! drinks.gif

Edited by Snowstorm1

Posted

i can't even watch the radar when its this close i get all tense LOL, think though, the longer it takes the more snow is dumped aye? :D

Posted
  • Location: Near Stocksfield, Northumberland @ 850ft 25miles from north sea

I mis-red ya post. doh.gif Must be the nerves!

Can't say i am too chuffed about the latest radar update, you can see how the NNW flow will have on the front it would seem. What could happen is the front could stay off shore and the NNW flow will send it into eastern Teesside and into North Yorkshire.

The surface winds can be nnw but the winds at 2-10000 feet could be an easterly so dont get disheartened just yet

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

I mis-red ya post. :D Must be the nerves!

For all the time you want the upper winds to be due North its now, NNW(which we have now) are risky as our location does not stretch into the North Sea enough. I'm still worried it won't make landfall or if it does, it will be just on the coasts only.

Have faith GS, EVRYTHING'S GONNA BE ALL WHITE LOL

Posted

hi everyone, I've just finished work and they had a gritting machine in the car park, They only ever get the gritters in if there is heavy snow on the way, so fingers crossed.

Thought we would have had a few showers today, a little dissapointed but this would make up for it :D

Posted

-2.2 here with a moderate nne wind with complete cloud cover at the minute. Anyone got a flurry yet?

Posted

What could happen is the front could stay off shore and the NNW flow will send it into eastern Teesside and into North Yorkshire.

What's wrong with that Paul? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

22:15 radar great, I think Newcastle will get it now, its a case of how much from now on. 1cm? 5cm? Lets wait and see whether it weakens or not...

Posted

22:15 radar great, I think Newcastle will get it now, its a case of how much from now on. 1cm? 5cm? Lets wait and see whether it weakens or not...

How much do you think teeside will get still 5-8cm? i wouldnt complain and how long will it last for roughly?

Posted

Its moving very slowly and predicted to only get about 30 miles inland then stay where it is for 4 hours then head back out to sea so could be a bit like New years eve where we got 10 inches! Fingers crossed!

Posted

How much do you think teeside will get still 5-8cm? i wouldnt complain and how long will it last for roughly?

I have got a feeling this may surprise afew of us, including us snowstorm, there are some deep red zones in that map heading for us, its just clipping the top part of the north east and Down in Whitby, they could see some snow in the next half hour.

Posted

I think I may be too far west. Oh joy.

Look North weather at 10:30 had it getting as far inland as Allendale/Middleton in Teesdale so dont worry it will get there!

Blizzard just outside Alnwick a minute ago cousin said on phone

Edited by tynevalleywinter

Posted

Hopefully everything will be all white!!! - Loved the pun Snowmackem. :clap:

What's wrong with that Paul? :)

Nothing if Tyneside gets at least a small amount of snow from this band, i won't be able to stand to hear the reports of kids(and Adults!) having fun in the snow whilst up here is bone dry. :)

The radar on the raintoday could be highlighting me fears of how the band could stay just at the coast or offshore and i tell you that would be a right kick in the teeth. I'm still no nearer convinced i will see snowflakes falling outside anytime soon.

Would not mind that easterly the 18Z is showing to push that trough over here. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looking at the progress of that band, it's heading N-S, even though the wind may still be NNW, so I think it will inch onto the coast of Tyne & Wear in the next hour or two.

I didn't expect to be saying that tonight, but the band has already moved much closer to the coast than I'd expected.

Looking good for the southern flank of it catching me in Norwich also.

Posted

Hopefully everything will be all white!!! - Loved the pun Snowmackem. laugh.gif

Nothing if Tyneside gets at least a small amount of snow from this band, i won't be able to stand to hear the reports of kids(and Adults!) having fun in the snow whilst up here is bone dry. sad.gif

The radar on the raintoday could be highlighting me fears of how the band could stay just at the coast or offshore and i tell you that would be a right kick in the teeth. I'm still no nearer convinced i will see snowflakes falling outside anytime soon.

Would not mind that easterly the 18Z is showing to push that trough over here. whistling.gif

Keep the faith its 100% coming. Im 24 miles as the crow flys from the coast but all the signs are here that its even going to get to me!

Posted

Omg how long is it taking now dry.gif just come oh come to Teeside please Snow Gods yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Temperature has risen from -1.9 to -0.9 in the last hour, cloud cover increasing, wind increasing....snow moving in :yahoo:

Posted

This is where I reckon will see most of the action

post-10965-12648067501288_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Just starting to snow here, very light at the moment and winds increasing.. Just above freezing 0.3°C and Dp's at -4.4°C...