Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted

Watch out Nick. I was told off for spelling out 'definitely' yesterday called a saddo! It's just that I'd seen so many variations of the spelling, the last being 'defently' (at which point I lost it and posted). Spelling and grammar are important, I agree.

Pedantry deleted :diablo:

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Watch out Nick. I was told off for spelling out 'definitely' yesterday — called a saddo! It's just that I'd seen so many variations of the spelling, the last being 'defently' (at which point I lost it and posted). Spelling and grammar are important, I agree.

The snow showers have definatly started to dissapear since last week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

I really like the thought of the cold going out with a bang and an almighty snow storm or battle royal between the Atlantic and Continent over W.Suffolk please (?) even if it is followed by a thaw a couple of days later. TBH, the snow on the 18th December was more exciting than this post Christmas dusting.

The two spells of settling snow we've had this winter were on the 18th Dec where we got about 3cm and the 5/6th when we ended up with about 10cm. Coincidentally these were also the same days that snow fell in the winter of 1946/47. But the winter of 1947, although it had its occasional easterlies beforehand, is best renowned for the weather that ensued FROM 23rd January onwards! So there's hope yet :diablo:

Edited by Timmytour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The snow showers have definatly started to dissapear since last week.

Aaaarggghhh! :diablo:

The two spells of settling snow we've had this winter were on the 18th Dec where we got about 3cm and the 5/6th when we ended up with about 10cm. Coincidentally these were also the same days that snow fell in the winter of 1946/47. But the winter of 1947, although it had its occasional easterlies beforehand, is best renowned for the weather that ensued FROM 23rd January onwards! So there's hope yet :diablo:

We got a bit more than 3 cm that night — more like 5 cm — but the 18h was such a beautiful morning and the snow was the real powder variety (you could kick it up in the air without it going lumpy) — what I call superior quality, Grade I snow. :hi:

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Aaaarggghhh! :D

Aye- I wondered if anyone would spot the deliberate spelling mistakes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Aye- I wondered if anyone would spot the deliberate spelling mistakes!

Tease! :D

I'm taking the dogs out for a walk across the Suffolk tundra in a minute — we still have about 2 cm and the temperature's 0.1 ° C. The local weather station to my se (Wattisham) has a double 'snow' icon… so all is not lost.

Posted

Your and you're with me, drives me mad!

fair enuff !:D

Current data for Linslade

11 January 2010 12:09:55

Temperature (°C):

Current 1.6

Trend (per hour) +0.3

Average today 0.6

Wind chill 1.6

Humidex -0.6

Dew Point -0.3

Rel Humidity 87%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 3.1 S

Average Speed 0.7 SSE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 3.6

Last hour 0.9

Total today 1.5

Total yesterday 0.3

Total this month 7.2

Total this year 7.2

Pressure (mb):

Current 1019.0

Trend (per hour) 0.0

currently its waining er ,loads wata from the skie lol im off ta ficks me pc ,innit !

Posted

Looking a the IR Satellite loop, brighter (thicker) looking cloudbase approaching from the east, heavier snizzle maybe.

Posted

Whilst I agree grammar and spelling are important this is supposed to be a forum about the weather and I always thought it was extremely poor netiquette to correct people who may or may not have a damn good reason to make the odd mistake and thus put them off posting in the first place.

It's a slippery slope to then end up with quite a sizeable chunk of the adult population feeling they are unwelcome to post on forums such as this

Posted

On the Suffolk coast, we have light rain showers, a steady thaw continues, its dull and dank and there's slush everywhere. Temperatures at 1.8C and very little happening. What a pathetic end to the cold spell!

Posted

Whilst I agree grammar and spelling are important this is supposed to be a forum about the weather and I always thought it was extremely poor netiquette to correct people who may or may not have a damn good reason to make the odd mistake and thus put them off posting in the first place.

It's a slippery slope to then end up with quite a sizeable chunk of the adult population feeling they are unwelcome to post on forums such as this

i cant read and i cant rite bu i can drive a tracktor ,god people chill !!! in this thaw :D

Posted

You're absolubtly right, I apologise.

Posted

Oooh, sorry to anyone I offended ( feel like I started this off!), sorry, I was merely pointing out that Nick's signature did not have correct punctuation, which was quite ironic as the said quote was about grammar, spelling and punctuation. Personally, as frustrating as it is to read, I know for a fact that it is damn frustrating for those writing who have difficulties with spelling. As I said, my hubby is dyslexic, and my son has serious writing and spelling difficulties (writing and spelling ability of 5 yr old at age 9 ). Hope no-one feels alienated. My sincere aplogies.

Anyway, back to the weather, and indeed a very grey and dull day here.... nothing of any interest to report.. unless of course you like grey cloud cover!

Posted

He was agreeing with you, wasn't he? :mellow:

yes i was agreeing with them but hey ,as long as im happy ,stuff the world ,right im off to invent a home made synthetic snow making machine , i dont mean to offend but this forum can get a bit much at times ,we live in a nanny society as it is so lets just be friends and play nice on here :mellow:

Current data for Linslade

11 January 2010 12:29:53

Temperature (°C):

Current 1.3

Trend (per hour) +0.2

Average today 0.6

Wind chill 1.3

Humidex -1.0

Dew Point -0.6

Rel Humidity 87%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 3.1 SE

Average Speed 0.7 SE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.6

Total today 1.5

Total yesterday 0.3

Total this month 7.2

Total this year 7.2

Pressure (mb):

Current 1019.1

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Miserable light sleety rain at the momentsad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Amazingly it's snowing in March at the moment. Big fluffy flakes! No chance of it settling though.

March? That's some long-range forecast you got there.

Posted

miserable sleet and rain all day long . . is helping the melting process though

Janet

March? That's some long-range forecast you got there.

March is the name of a town . . not very far from me actually . . its near wisbech

Shame I am not seeing the snow they are seeing though

Janet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Amazingly it's snowing in March at the moment. Big fluffy flakes! No chance of it settling though.

Better stay there then coz it's light drizzle in North Wootton - beware Castle Rising Road - yucky slushy muck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

March is the name of a town . . not very far from me actually . . its near wisbech

Janet

I know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

miserable sleet and rain all day long . . is helping the melting process though

Janet

Shame I am not seeing the snow they are seeing though

Janet

Janet, I think March is fairly well known as a place and someone might have been ever so slightly pulling your leg...well not pulling your leg as cracking an obvious joke....just disappointed he got in before me! :good:

Edited by Timmytour

Posted

Latest beeb forecast 13:27

The West of our region - maybe as far east as SW Essex can expect Snow Wednesday! He did say the front will sit there all day, but snow will turn lighter.

He showed the snow band from Kent through London, west home counties, west midlands, NW England!

Something to look forward to.

BBC London forecast at 13:40

also going for snow Wednesday across southern home counties and London although she did say mostly light, but could be a tricky commute Wednesday morning rush hour!