Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Nothing to speak of here but looks like it's been quite good you you guys and gals in Peterborough and huntingdon way from raintoday radar. The worry is that it seems more and more prone to turn to rain when i would have thought (or hoped) the opposite would be true :rolleyes:

Posted

Still very very light here indeed, few flakes in the wind Think Im on the wrong side of Peterborough, need to move to TEITS side!! Lol

Posted

well here on the lincs/cambs border its been a miserable day. grey cloud with drizzle or sleet all day long melting the small amount of snow we actually had lying. this cold period has been terrible for snow for this area as we haven't had much lying at all 2 inches at most which only lasted 1 day.

I feel somewhat left out from everything we've been seeing on the news and forecasts. I am pleased for all those who finally saw decent amounts of snowfall but Im 21 years old next week and it was supposed to be the worst in over 20 years...coldest maybe but we had more snow 1 night last february than this month so far here!?

Posted

Tee hee ! That would be fun, Mother Nature 1...Met Office 0

Well its snowing here on the out skirts of Peterborough, now just need it to settle............

Posted

Nothing to speak of here but looks like it's been quite good you you guys and gals in Peterborough and huntingdon way from raintoday radar. The worry is that it seems more and more prone to turn to rain when i would have thought (or hoped) the opposite would be true unsure.gif

As I said earlier, according to Raintoday we should have been covered by now in Peterborough, but certainly on this side we havent seen anything all day, except for the VERY light shower falling now sad.gif

Slinky, which side are you?

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

How on earth do you get away with climbing? I'm a total climbing widow.

biggrin.gif

So thats why your allowed on here all the time, even stevens!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well folkes guess we will just have to see the end result in the morningwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

I think Southern Ireland nicked all our precipitation today!!!

Posted

Well I've never seen anything like the weather today before - snow just appearing from nowhere in seemingly random locations. We've had some light snow here but nothing really enough to add to what's on the ground (depth about 4cm after a slow thaw all day).

Currently 0.3c.

Posted

After what happened with the no-snow today and seeing the boring no-snow weather forecast earlier, I thought I would forget about the radar and have a nice evening watching TV, as there didn't seem to be anything to look forward to. Just looked out the window and I have a covering of snow!! The radar shows it's been snowing here for a little while. I'm going to stop radar-watching if this is what happens. It's my fault Cambs didn't get any snow. I'm going to turn off my computer so the snow continues throughout the night!!

Posted

As I said earlier, according to Raintoday we should have been covered by now in Peterborough, but certainly on this side we havent seen anything all day, except for the VERY light shower falling now sad.gif

Slinky, which side are you?

I am just east of Peterborough, as I say its snowing but there is no chance its going to settle unless it absolutely hammers it down..............

Edit= stopped now lol

Edited by Slinky

Posted

After what happened with the no-snow today and seeing the boring no-snow weather forecast earlier, I thought I would forget about the radar and have a nice evening watching TV, as there didn't seem to be anything to look forward to. Just looked out the window and I have a covering of snow!! The radar shows it's been snowing here for a little while. I'm going to stop radar-watching if this is what happens. It's my fault Cambs didn't get any snow. I'm going to turn off my computer so the snow continues throughout the night!!

too light to settle here, looking at the radar, its just about to leave us.

Posted

Thawing all day, very slippery in the fields with melting ice over frozen mud. We had a brief flurry about 16.00 that came to nothing, and despite raintoday's pictures, it's mild and dry now. Very disappointed, but off to work at 0700 so it'll be nice not having to clear the windscreen first!

Posted

Started to settle here on top of the slush. The grass is still covered although you can just make out the blades of grass.

Such a shame its drier to the E because conditions have obviously become favourable with regards to temps/Dps

Posted

Night all.

I think we may have to wait and see what happens/develops tonight!

Yet again, we've been doing that since Wednesday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

We have a slight covering again in St. Ives after a light fall of snow for the last hour. Almost back to square one!!

Posted

I think the ground/snow is too wet for it to settle. Few degrees lower and it would be perfect. Seems to have stalled over Northampton for a bit according to the radar :wallbash:

Posted

Good persistant snow shower here in SW MK, settled on the cars and clear bits of pavements! woo! Mind you, I don't think this will be enough to prevent me from driving to work tomorrow :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Started to settle here on top of the slush. The grass is still covered although you can just make out the blades of grass.

Such a shame its drier to the E because conditions have obviously become favourable with regards to temps/Dps

Not everywhere- not long after my comment about snow in Norwich, it turned to rain, and it's been light rain here for most of the evening.