Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Good luck guys and I hope I'm wrong, but it appears to me to be just a bit too warm at the moment, for a major snow event tonight.

Posted

lol could be drinks on you then at midnight then!!!

KERCHING!!!!!!!! No need to wait till midnight... Drinks all round :whistling:drinks.gifdrunk.gifgood.giflaugh.gif

Posted

KERCHING!!!!!!!! No need to wait till midnight... Drinks all round :Ddrinks.gifdrunk.gifgood.giflaugh.gif

Glad to hear peterborough has some snow . . . so close but yet so far for me . . rain, rain and more rain but enjoy x x

Janet x

Posted

Sleet has now turned into snow here, and looks like plenty to come biggrin.gif

How ironic that this could be the most snow we see from this cold spell and it's after the Met O removed their warnings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Just been out for a smoke and is indeed snowing lightly in St Ives

I hope the heat from your ciggy doesn't warm up the air too much :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

KERCHING!!!!!!!! No need to wait till midnight... Drinks all round biggrin.gifdrinks.gifdrunk.gifgood.giflaugh.gif

lol fantastic!!drinks.gif may take your advice on the horses at the weekend!! still very light snow here and still leaving a dusting!! dont bother with the tv forecasts now as they said we would't see any today! it must be as some keep saying so hard to forecast anything when its like this.............except for tiets of course!!!drinks.gif

Posted

Snowing in Bushey and starting to settle. First time on here since this morning so a little surprised after seeing the forecasts change today. Can we expect some significant(ish) snowfall for this part of Hertfordshire tonight then?

Posted

I wasnt really watching outside, but it seems it started off as either sleet or wet snow. Some of the proper stuff now

Posted

I all.

Do any of you have the luxury of be able to radar/post watch with your or halves blessings, or even better together?

Or are we all confined to the odd sneak, with rugular grumbles of get off that laptop, its not gonna snow?

Im sure this is not unique to my house hold!!

Snows coming for MK I think, the temp has help at +0.4c for 3 hrs now, is this dropping when the snow showers arrive helping it stick?

Posted
I hope the heat from your ciggy doesn't warm up the air too much

Sorry about that, just chucked a couple of ice cubes out on the patio to even things up

Posted

I all.

Do any of you have the luxury of be able to radar/post watch with your or halves blessings, or even better together?

Or are we all confined to the odd sneak, with rugular grumbles of get off that laptop, its not gonna snow?

Snows coming for MK I think, the temp has help at +0.4c for 3 hrs now, is this dropping when the snow showers arrive helping it stick?

I have the luxary of my computer being located by the front window, it was never acctually placed there to look out the indow but because of the internet modem so that was quite lucky!:)

But I use the laptop when sitting on the sofa etc...... Which means I can get up with it and look out!

Edited by saint

Posted

Hubby just offered me £100 bets it not gonna snow before i go to bed...looking at the radar Im thinking something should fall here within the next hour -90 mins.... what do you guys think?? take the bet or politely decline?

Just stay up till Friday :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

I all.

lol thats so funny but very true in my house anyway!!!!!!!!unsure.gifunsure.gif

Posted

Well it's only light here, verging on sleet to be honest but when £100 riding on it, any flake counts!! hahaha drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Very light snow here but the main thing going on is the thawing

I all.

Dan, I wish I could tell you how many times I've heard the phrase "you not on there again are you?" :rolleyes:

Still I got some kudos by telling her that we wouldn't get much in the way of snow today despite what the weathermen were telling her and her friends on friday. She was hearing from friends it was going to be bad and telling them that I look on this site and was saying differently!

Posted

I all.

How on earth do you get away with climbing? I'm a total climbing widow.

:rolleyes:

Posted

Sorry about that, just chucked a couple of ice cubes out on the patio to even things up

rofl.giflaugh.gif

Posted

lol thats so funny but very true in my house anyway!!!!!!!!unsure.gifunsure.gif

Thinking about it, it has to be this way couse if 2 weather geeks lived together, nothing would ever get done and both would wind each other up into some kind of snow wishing frenzy!! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

LOL!

Posted

I all.

Hello Mate how was dinner? I use the excuse now of having swollen coxix so have to stand at the breakfast bar all eve because I can't sit down lol.

Looking at the radar I actualy can't believe my eyes! SE winds NEVER produce for this area unless there is a front from the west meeting it. To see a streamer set up over the Thames estury and push NW is extremely rare. For this reason I wouldn't want to call it. Could last till tommorow dumping 12" or could die out in the next hr and the thaw continues! Who knows? Thats the beauty of weather!

Posted

whistling.gifI know this is aiming high, but what would the media be saying, if it turned out to be heavy snow showers over night, 5-8 cm when all warnings have been down graded or removed, even better if that 20cm landed.shok.gifoops.gif

Tee hee ! That would be fun, Mother Nature 1...Met Office 0