Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 5

Posted

I think the ground/snow is too wet for it to settle. Few degrees lower and it would be perfect. Seems to have stalled over Northampton for a bit according to the radar :angry:

Settling ok in Kettering :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Good persistant snow shower here in SW MK, settled on the cars and clear bits of pavements! woo! Mind you, I don't think this will be enough to prevent me from driving to work tomorrow mad.gif

If it keeps this up for 8 hours it might be yahoo.gif

Posted

Not everywhere- not long after my comment about snow in Norwich, it turned to rain, and it's been light rain here for most of the evening.

Good evening TWS whats your views on this snow forecasted on Tuesday into Wednesday issued by the MO?

Posted

Started to settle here on top of the slush. The grass is still covered although you can just make out the blades of grass.

You lucky so and so!!! You must be in the only place in the whole of the peterborough area where you saw heavy snow and it settled!! :whistling:

I have nothing here my 2cms That I got from this cold snap (which lasted a day lol) has now mostly gone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I'm torn between lampost/snow watching and my warm bed, think the bed might win in a minute when I've drunk my hot choc. Is it my eyes or has the wind changed/picked up ? The snow seems to keep changing direction as it's falling. Mind you probably me, think I need to go to specsavers, too much time spent stareing at fine snowflakes !

blush.gif g'nite all, let's hope it's a good 'un !

Posted

Current data for Linslade

10 January 2010 22:54:55

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.7

Trend (per hour) -0.1

Average today 1.2

Wind chill 0.7

Humidex -1.6

Dew Point -0.6

Rel Humidity 91%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 5.4 E

Average Speed 2.2 SSE

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 0.3

Total yesterday 0.9

Total this month 5.7

Total this year 5.7

Pressure (mb):

Current 1018.0

Trend (per hour) 0.0

Posted

Here in Northants the snow is falling fairly heavily now. It has really intensified over the past 10 minutes or so and following a slight thaw earlier on today there are now fresh accumulations forming on all surfaces, including the roads.

Must admit I was quite surprised when I pulled my curtains back at how heavy the snow was. I had low expectations based on the teatime radar and the way today has developed generally, so this has cheered me up considerably.

Posted

Its been rain here all evening/night looked so promising this afternoon as we had very light snow. Not sure what I will wake up to but I have a feeling that it wont be very white.

Night all, hope you are enjoying your snow

Janet x

Posted

NOWCAST - Confirms this. Sleet in N/MK

I'm in Haversham, settling snow, even on the main road.

Where are you?

ETA: Settling snow that has now stopped :(

Edited by lizzieloo202

Posted

lol TEITS, you are the lucky one, really light and sporadic here, certainly no settling at all..... doesnt look promising for that snow day for hubby tomorrow!! heheh

Been on regular lampost watch but hasnt gotten any heavier at all :( Radar doesnt look to promising for rest of night either.

Think I might drive over to PE4 tomorrow and nick some of their snow :lol:

Posted

Anything could happen this week whistling.gif

im not convinced that it will be mild by next weekend as i think it will be difficult to shift the stubborn blocking

certainly not clear cut as some people seem to think . i dont pretend to be an expert but after years of watching our weather and a couple of years

looking at models a scandi high could be on the cards

we should not discount the ensembles and ECM AND JMA models

lets wait and see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What I'd like to know are people's thoughts on why EA has had torrential no for 9 days? Bad luck? Too dry? Wind in wrong direction? What? It's as though there's some gigantic force field making the snow swirl around the edges but never coming into the middle.

I can say, in my location, the conditions have been and still are perfect — never too warm either uppers or 2m temps, dewpoints have remained –0C since NY Eve — is there some topographical feature that's put the mockers on it?

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

snowing moderately in MK center now, settling onto existing snow cover and filling in the gaps :crazy:

Posted

Just a quick hello before I go off to work.

Snowed here more last night, appears we have around an inch more on non-snow conered surfaces! Some vehicles are struggling up the road with that small amount!:crazy: :lol:

Edited by saint

Posted

Just a quick hello before I go off to work.

Snowed here more last night, appears we have around an inch more on non-snow conered surfaces! Some vehicles are struggling up the road with that small amount!:crazy: :lol:

Yep: trains running OK though and daughter's school is open, so everyone seems to have got used to it!!! Daughter v.excited about walk to school in snow.:D

Posted

Yep: trains running OK though and daughter's school is open, so everyone seems to have got used to it!!! Daughter v.excited about walk to school in snow.:lol:

Yeah I think everyone is bored and use to it!:crazy:

Hope she makes the most of the snow before it thaws more!

Posted

Left Clacton at approx 6am - light rain falling, helping the thaw progress further. From a level depth in my garden of 18cm on saturday afternoon it has dropped rapidly to around 10cm.

On arrival at Brentwood there was a fairly fresh layer of snow covering pavements and minor roads.

Posted

Very light dusting this morning in High Wycombe. Only on the cars really. We still have quite good cover from last week but it is slowly diminishing.

My daughter's school is open for the first time since Tuesday - she's not happy!

Edited by Mrs M

Posted

Main roads are essentially clear in Sussex, side roads are slush and ice but the unfortunately the heating has gone off in the offices at work over the weekend and although I've reset it all, the whole building is like an igloo today :)

Posted

Very light dusting this morning in High Wycombe. Only on the cars really. We still have quite good cover from last week but it is slowly diminishing.

My daughter's school is open for the first time since Tuesday - she's not happy!

Same here in Chesham, we had a lot of snow at one point last night but it made suprisingly little impression on our already lying snow. My son was sent off to school this morning, a bit grumpy but I suspect he was relieved to be out of the house...it has been a long Christmas holiday mainly snowed in :blink:

Posted

Morning all, woke up to grey skys and slush on the ground, no snow seemingly fell on this side of Peterborough overnight, being blessed with Sleety drizzle here now.. skys are very dark though, but seemingly the temps are too high atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

There's warnings of heavy snow out for the South West tomorrow....

is anyone thinking what I'm thinking....rain perhaps?

At the moment, while they are puting a kind of M3 limit on it, I'd say there's every chance of it reaching us and providing us with a bit more snow....but perhaps turning sleety and even to rain later.