Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I thought it was pivoting and our snow would come from fance ie coming up from the south from France instead of from the west. Probably completely wrong but sure someone will soon tell me if I am ( hope I'm not lol )

Yeah that's what I originally thought but it now looks like the area around and just to the south of portsmouth has got our name on it. . looks like the weakest part of the band, wouldn't you know :whistling:

Concerned that not even a yellow warning out for London on the MetO though, what the hell do you have to do to get more than snizzle in this place?

Any of the pros see any chance of a pep up or at the least just for the band to hold together better as it comes over?

Posted

Light snow for the last half hour. Yippee!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I feel quite confident of snow here but dew point is slowly creeping up - how depressing will it be to wake up to rain?

Posted

I feel quite confident of snow here but dew point is slowly creeping up - how depressing will it be to wake up to rain?

Whar is your temp and DP?

If it's snowing to our west, we have to be fine surely. :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

anyone see the news - think channel four - suggested snow all over the south east of UK. Winds in Brighton have picked up considerably........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Whar is your temp and DP?

If it's snowing to our west, we have to be fine surely. :doh:

temp 1.5 dew -1.2 - was -1.8 at around 6.30. guess it shouldn't rise much during the night, but it always worries me :drinks:

Posted

The band has weakened quite a lot since earlier sad.gif

thought it would...noticed that about 6.30pm i think..what about the front though over france coast.........any more progression or thoughts?

Posted

Just watched sky via red button forecast and they seem to think snow for east of england over weekend too - confused - thought it was getting warmer !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The latest radar seems to show the ppn building ever so slightly as it passes the IOW, but the ppn is still moving very slowly, so it is a case of nowcasting/lampost/radar watching to see how it goes, but the front seems to be getting organised again, so we shall see.

Wind has picked up a lot in the past few mins here.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

The latest radar seems to show the ppn building ever so slightly as it passes the IOW, but the ppn is still moving very slowly, so it is a case of nowcasting/lampost/radar watching to see how it goes, but the front seems to be getting organised again, so we shall see.

as well as having limited internet access where I am, so dunno how long this will last, I have been moved to a room with no flipping lampost....ooh BBC weather on 24, shows snow over south east over night but has been really low key on it and temps lookign to rise by end of the week...talk about a yo yo...

Posted

Temp 1.0 Dew -1.2 here in Burgess Hill.

My weather station says Stormy much percipitation

Posted

Wind has picked up a lot in the past few mins here.

plenty of snow here nice covering and still hammering down bit dodgy at the footie though between bristol city and cardiff:girl_devil:

Posted

as well as having limited internet access where I am, so dunno how long this will last, I have been moved to a room with no flipping lampost....ooh BBC weather on 24, shows snow over south east over night but has been really low key on it and temps lookign to rise by end of the week...talk about a yo yo...

I don't have a lampost either, so what i do is point a light out of the window.

Isn't as good, but still does the trick, especially if you have a spotlight.

If you are in a hotel room, then ask for an extension lead I guess and have a go!! :mellow:

Posted

Temp 1.0 Dew -1.2 here in Burgess Hill.

My weather station says Stormy much percipitation

looks like you will get more than me then - mine says, precipitation, very unsettled :mellow:

Posted

temp 1.5 dew -1.2 - was -1.8 at around 6.30. guess it shouldn't rise much during the night, but it always worries me :D

Yup think we should be ok, by the time the band comes in I'm hoping even the centre of London gets to 0c.

. . . and it looks like we'll need the freezing temps because it really is looking like a snizzle fest.

Fingers crossed for pep ups appearing from nowhere :D:mellow:

Posted

plenty of snow here nice covering and still hammering down bit dodgy at the footie though between bristol city and cardiff:girl_devil:

Well it seems that wherever the ppn hits, it is so slow moving that it is still giving decent coverings, lets just hope it keeps some of it's intensity.

Posted

anyone see the news - think channel four - suggested snow all over the south east of UK. Winds in Brighton have picked up considerably........

met office say 1 - 3 cm poss maybe as much as 5cm! now if you look at the bbc charts during the night they predict at least 3 hours of heavy snow for most of the region now i would say that would give 5cm easly and widely across the south east!

Posted

I don't have a lampost either, so what i do is point a light out of the window.

Isn't as good, but still does the trick, especially if you have a spotlight.

If you are in a hotel room, then ask for an extension lead I guess and have a go!! biggrin.gif

you have done this before havent you?!! good plan stan..likethe style...

it is more a b and b and no one here over night....I am doomed. In any case looking at the radar though I is reckoning 3am cld b good for Brighton..Am not in Newbury at the mo so that is off the radar... poor old South Wales is getting a right old load but some chap stuck on the motorway speaking to the news seemed to indicate it is wet snow...

heh I wonder if I shine the old mobile phone light out of the window.......????

Posted

1.9 c here, its getting close now

My son was at Brinsbury today, he reckons you have plenty up there already. :rolleyes: Please let me have the snow instead. :lol:

Seriously though he has to check Chi college website in the morning to see if they are open up there tomorrow so i reckon a good chance of a lot for you just up the road from there.

Posted

Got snizzle now. Flurries floating in the wind

Jan

Hi Jan, we have had tiny flakes in the wind since I left work in croydon at 6pm - nothing on the radar - and not actually settling of course - too light, but it's keeping me on floodlight watch. Has it just started there or do you think it has been going for a while?