Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Please continue your discussion here :)

Yep, definitely some sort of streamer setting up, thats passing over North London. It almost seems like it building up on the spot. There's nothing over the estuary according to the radar. Very strange.

A Very Very rare event-- A thames snow streamer that is angled NW off the estuary-- alomst unheard of TBH- but its exactly the same principle as the streamer on the southern side, just the onshore flow & convergence is moving SE>NW...

For the lucky ones they may reach 5cm, which was highlighted earlier-

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Everything slowly turning whiter outside. Still very fine snow, but the flakes getting slightly bigger. This is completely unexpected. If it continues, could get a couple of cm's by the morning.

Posted

Cor. Blimey. Very heavy fine snow in Wembley. It's like a baby February 2nd - a little mini streamer all of our own!

Posted

A Very Very rare event-- A thames snow streamer that is angled NW off the estuary-- alomst unheard of TBH- but its exactly the same principle as the streamer on the southern side, just the onshore flow & convergence is moving SE>NW...

For the lucky ones they may reach 5cm, which was highlighted earlier-

Steve

Very odd, we have around 2cm of new Snow here. Our weather is the oddest in the world I think.

Back building all the time atm.

Daughter hoping for another day off College, so she is playing Play station with her Brother!

I was really hoping I would see grass in the morning. No chance now. lol

Don't get me wrong, white is a nice colour but gets on your nerves after a while.

on the radar it looks like it's ending soon....30 mins maybe...??? But I reckon it's nearly 2 cm!!!

I like where this streamers set up- Its hitting nearly all the parts of London that have missed out this week- good stuff...

S

Posted

on the radar it looks like it's ending soon....30 mins maybe...??? But I reckon it's nearly 2 cm!!!

I thought that about an hour ago, but precip keeps "appearing" on radar to the east of London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Everything slowly turning whiter outside. Still very fine snow, but the flakes getting slightly bigger. This is completely unexpected. If it continues, could get a couple of cm's by the morning.

Its just stated to snow heavier here and its starting to settle on existing snow areas

Apparently in Bicester its 0c , i wonder if temp drop by a fraction

Posted

okay :blush: , my use of the word 'blizzard' does not fit the official term.

Yet, its a bit breezy, and its big fat forrest gump type snow coming down...for me..thats a...blizaard B)

-

Radar shows nothing to the SE, so I guess this is just one of those weird streamer things...maybe, or we are just getting a bit lucky this night. Regardless, this is kinda yet another bonus for those in the city.

How many days of snow is this? I ain't counting, but we must be up to 15/17 by now, and its now even mid January yet!

Posted

Very odd, we have around 2cm of new Snow here. Our weather is the oddest in the world I think.

Back building all the time atm.

Daughter hoping for another day off College, so she is playing Play station with her Brother!

I was really hoping I would see grass in the morning. No chance now. lol

Don't get me wrong, white is a nice colour but gets on your nerves after a while.

I doubt we'll be snowed in lol. Im sure schools will be open tomorrow. Or am I? If it gets heavier you never know what might happen.

Judging by the latest radar the stream seems to be shifting slightly further north. Not sure how long this will last for areas of London north of the Thames.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Radar shows nothing to the SE, so I guess this is just one of those weird streamer things...maybe, or we are just getting a bit lucky this night. Regardless, this is kinda yet another bonus for those in the city.

This streamer seems to feeding all the way to Birmingham and beyond

Wasn't expecting this had light wet crap for 2 hrs however last 30 mins moderate snow settling

In a 'even larger teapot 'light wet crap would be sort after

Posted

Can't believe the temp is now up to 3.1ºc, can only spell trouble :blush:

Hmmm, that seems a bit high. Once the snow stops it will melt fast at 3.1c. Unless the skies clear.

Snowing slight to mod - now just enough to make the bare patches white again - I understand there will be a clearance behind this which will drop the temps to say 1 or 2C below freezing. However we have lost far more than what we have gained recently. Looking at all the forecasts this "cold snap" looks like it is on its way out at the moment but I am sure there is another one lining itself up.

Posted

What a surprise this is!!!! Anywhere that had melted through today has now been covered up, car tracks that were left 45mins ago have now gone!! May have to go for a walk and photo this before it all goes by the morning!!!

Posted

Flakes really small now. I think this streamer is starting to fizzle out now.

EDIT: Maybe not, suddenly bigger flakes again. Ive never seen anything like this on the radar. Its appearing out of nowhere!

Edited by danm

Posted

Just looked out of my window and it is the most incredible view. My road is usually gritted and thus pretty clear. However, tonight it literally looks like someone has glazed the road in icing. It must be the mixture of really very fine snow and drizzle that is falling. It looks almost like an ice rink with the smoothness of ice, but with a distinct white colour. Strange.

Posted

Random, down to 2.6ºc now :/

Good, good. Be nice if this lasted till the morning.