Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

A classic case of the mild weather struggling to get in, eventually it will win, but for how long.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=nwdc;sess=a21df1f32d331b440c27cc7493ca0a9f

Look at the Jet stream charts from the GFS the majority of these show the Jet Stream for the main south of the UK. And even when we do get a SW over us, it is a breakaway from the main jet Stream.

In past winters they would be straight through the UK.

Posted

This is an evolving situation - by sunday the cold uppers start appearing again!!!!!!!!!!! DOH! wallbash.gif

Edited by andymusic

I'm not even sure the snow we have is gonna get a chance to melt now - gfs keeps downgrading the temps with each model run - it's admiting it's getting it wrong and it's not gonna let us out of the freezer

I going to ponty on the 20th, at this rate, it will still be largely snow covered at this rate.

Posted

I love battlegrounds... they almost always give us a good dumping, we're in the prime position for them here inteh valleys. Almost never let us down (apart from the post-Christmas screw up).

Anyone noticed how there's very little mention of this snow on BBC and Sky News?

I e-mailed breakfast news about this, this morning and they sent an e-mail back saying they were gonna do a report from cardiff in a few minutes - once again the bias kicked in mind ytou today as they were more concerned about there english buddies in Exeter than their welsh cousins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Heavy snow here. Not going anywhere for the time being.

Looks like precipitation firing up over the valleys and moving NE

Wasn't expecting it

Posted

I going to ponty on the 20th, at this rate, it will still be largely snow covered at this rate.

We're opening our sking resort today - Pontypridd on Tirol - loads of fresh virgin snow, some great apres ski and the biggest nastiest black run in the valleys called the Graigerhorn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

We're opening our sking resort today - Pontypridd on Tirol - loads of fresh virgin snow, some great apres ski and the biggest nastiest black run in the valleys called the Graigerhorn

LMAO

Posted

flippin pelting it down here again - it's flippin amazing - earthquakes in the carribean - 40 people stuck in a ski cable car system in germany and us with all this lovely white stuff driving us bonkerswallbash.gif

I e-mailed breakfast news about this, this morning and they sent an e-mail back saying they were gonna do a report from cardiff in a few minutes - once again the bias kicked in mind ytou today as they were more concerned about there english buddies in Exeter than their welsh cousins

It's hardly as if Wales and SW England is some isolated backwater... millions of people live here and have suffered major disruption. If it was 2 inches in the SE there'd be 24/7 blanket coverage.

Heavy snow here now for 20 minutes or so and getting heavier, big thick flakes.

This could give another inch if it keeps up for a while longer.

Posted

It's hardly as if Wales and SW England is some isolated backwater... millions of people live here and have suffered major disruption. If it was 2 inches in the SE there'd be 24/7 blanket coverage.

Heavy snow here now for 20 minutes or so and getting heavier, big thick flakes.

This could give another inch if it keeps up for a while longer.

I keep sending it up to you Barb - GFS may be got it right then - everyone was convinced the snow would stop early this morning - well GFS has it progged till 6pm tonight!

Posted

So happy! Another 5 inches overnight in Newport and it's still going, although it will probably die out soon! I wanted one last dumping before I go to travelling to Thailand for 7 weeks next Thursday. Will I have problems getting away from Heathrow!? i don't mind if the weekend onwards until then gets mild, followed by an epic February for you guys, which sees a bit more snow for me when I'm back in March! drinks.gif

Posted

So happy! Another 5 inches overnight in Newport and it's still going, although it will probably die out soon! I wanted one last dumping before I go to travelling to Thailand for 7 weeks next Thursday. Will I have problems getting away from Heathrow!? i don't mind if the weekend onwards until then gets mild, followed by an epic February for you guys, which sees a bit more snow for me when I'm back in March! drinks.gif

I'd keep a close eye on the weather mate seems more easterly winds are progged for next week with a snow front coming in also - Sorry!

I keep sending it up to you Barb - GFS may be got it right then - everyone was convinced the snow would stop early this morning - well GFS has it progged till 6pm tonight!

It seems to be developing right over us... it's heavier now than last night. Not expecting this.

Perhaps this is what the GFS is suggesting?

Edited by Barb-

Posted

By wednesday easterlies are well entrenched and pushing snow over from the continent again!

It's finally eased here - thank god!drinks.gif

Posted

I'd keep a close eye on the weather mate seems more easterly winds are progged for next week with a snow front coming in also - Sorry!

mellow.gif I guess the easterly is the last thing I want getting away from Heathrow. Fingers crossed, I'm sure you guys can wait till Friday for a bit more!!

Posted

Oh I'm wrong again - it's started snowing again - big nasty flakes again

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Haha, people texting into N24 complaining that the BBC hadn't mentioned anything about the SE being hit last night! clap.gif

Posted

looking at the radar again - seems that might finally be it! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I would like to be able to dig myself out before our supplies run out

Posted

Started again here

What is netweathers policy on selling in these pages as I have a selection of self assembly snow men for sale and new stock arriving constantly

Edited by loadsa