Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Started again here

What is netweathers policy on selling in these pages as I have a selection of self assembly snow men for sale and new stock arriving constantly

that's brill - I expect they'll wanna charge you commissioncold.gif

Posted

You got a deal babe - You can have my last bit of bacon, no probs - it'll probably be the last little bit of supplies we've got in the house by then

temps look like they are still gonna be freezin or below for today so no thaw today then! mmmmmmmm!

Morning Andy, did you go to bed at all last night?? only managed a few hours myself , i knew i was mad but i must also be crazy staying up till past 4am watching lamposts and radars on the internet.

Right, back to business........

At what time (roughly)is this temperature reading taking place?

If you fall asleep and fail to take a reading then you lose.

If its below -7 then you win.

If its above -7 then you lose.

If it bang on -7 then you and (i cant remember who it was now) must make two more predictions, for the following evening or day or whatever.

Regarding minus temeperatures:-

7.49 and below rounds down to 7

7.5 and above rounds up to 8

6.5 and above rounds up to 7

6.49 and below rounds down to 6

Am off out to measure the drifts shortly, and then try to clear my road.

Posted

absolutley lovely snow last night had about another 6 inches on top of the lying snow fantastic drifts ,havnt seen them since i was little! snowing really heavy massive flakes but no wind its lush!

Posted

Snow has stopped completelly at Aberystwyth.

Looking at raintoday radar there seems to be another short (but possibly more intense) band coming across within next half hour or so?

What's the prognosis for the rest of the day - conflicting reports saying 'that's it', and others saying 'more to come'.

????

Posted

Morning Andy, did you go to bed at all last night?? only managed a few hours myself , i knew i was mad but i must also be crazy staying up till past 4am watching lamposts and radars on the internet.

Right, back to business........

At what time (roughly)is this temperature reading taking place?

If you fall asleep and fail to take a reading then you lose.

If its below -7 then you win.

If its above -7 then you lose.

If it bang on -7 then you and (i cant remember who it was now) must make two more predictions, for the following evening or day or whatever.

Regarding minus temeperatures:-

7.49 and below rounds down to 7

7.5 and above rounds up to 8

6.5 and above rounds up to 7

6.49 and below rounds down to 6

Am off out to measure the drifts shortly, and then try to clear my road.

I was up all night and got some kip (couple of hours) after I'd given breakfast tv a bollocking for not including us properly in their broadcasts!

sounds like you wanna be our referee in this little wager of ours - well I gotta be honest I think I'm gonna lose already cause the clear skies I need tonight and tomorrow night ain't gonna materialise - in fact we could squeeze more snow out of them - who knows - looking at the GFS models as from tuesday and for the forseeable future we are back into the freezer with a bone chilling easterly right to the end of the run - amazing - you couldn't make it up!

hi, there are english people reading through the welsh thread, so the word 'english p****s isnt very appropriate is it??

I'm very sorry - the bbc have got me all riled up cause they refuse to acknowledge on their national broadcasts that wales is suffering too with all this snowy weather - seems a great deal of bias is going on - I didn't mean to offend you!

Snow has stopped completelly at Aberystwyth.

Looking at raintoday radar there seems to be another short (but possibly more intense) band coming across within next half hour or so?

What's the prognosis for the rest of the day - conflicting reports saying 'that's it', and others saying 'more to come'.

????

GFS has us down for more till 6pm but the radars aren't showing us this right now

Posted

I was up all night and got some kip (couple of hours) after I'd given breakfast tv a bollocking for not including us properly in their broadcasts!

sounds like you wanna be our referee in this little wager of ours - well I gotta be honest I think I'm gonna lose already cause the clear skies I need tonight and tomorrow night ain't gonna materialise - in fact we could squeeze more snow out of them - who knows - looking at the GFS models as from tuesday and for the forseeable future we are back into the freezer with a bone chilling easterly right to the end of the run - amazing - you couldn't make it up!

I'm very sorry - the bbc have got me all riled up cause they refuse to acknowledge on their national broadcasts that wales is suffering too with all this snowy weather - seems a great deal of bias is going on - I didn't mean to offend you!

GFS has us down for more till 6pm but the radars aren't showing us this right now

lol no worries.

Ye they are quite biased, especially when it comes to the South East of england! nonono.gif

Posted

lol no worries.

Ye they are quite biased, especially when it comes to the South East of england! nonono.gif

you seem to suffer the same problems as us then - think it's time the london lot acknowledged that others do exist in other parts of the UK

Posted

you seem to suffer the same problems as us then - think it's time the london lot acknowledged that others do exist in other parts of the UK

ye, n even when dhuram/northumberland got 12-24 inches of snow a week ago, it was barely mentioned laugh.gif.

Posted

Andy you seem to be the main man on this forum lol with regard to forecasting can give me some help please

My wife has got to travel back from Kent on Friday afternoon, can you give me some idea what the weather is going to be like for th trip?

many thanks

Right at the moment the models are showing a slight warming up - but here's an advisory - the models keep backtracking this warm up with every run they are doing and pretty soon if it continues this way we'll stay in the cold air right through - but - as I said friday afternoon as of right now - warming up to the heady heights of 6 - 7c with a strengthening wind - but if I were you I would keep a close eye on the weather between now and then cause things may well change!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I thought I posted way too many posts in 1 day but Andymusic has broken all records for the past 2 days :whistling:

Must be getting a painful posting finger!

Posted

think me laptop is going into melt down - nowt else to do up here mind when the weather is like this - stuck above ponty in black rd - no way out today at least - gfriend is busy snoring away in bed - so i like to keep busy with my hobby - weather spotter - that's what she calls me - saves me going mad - only other thing to do is feed ourselves some how and look after the two dogs, the anger management cat and Honey the horse (although right now we can't actually get to her as she's on a farm that's even higher up than we are above ponty so conditions up there are probably even worse right now)

Posted

Speaking as a Cardiff girl, living abroad, the English are very nice actually :cold: Should

know I married one, just as my mum did back in the 1960's

Posted

you're not gonna believe this but we were supposed to be having double glazing windows put in today but i said to the gfriend - call them off(this was monday) - I knew what was coming today - I knew they wouldn't be able to get here - and I didn't particularly want to hang around in a house with a flippin freezin cold easterlie blowing straight through it eitherwallbash.gif

Speaking as a Cardiff girl, living abroad, the English are very nice actually air_kiss.gif Should

know I married one, just as my mum did back in the 1960's

I'm sure there are some nice English people out there but I also find some very insulting and over bearing english types who like to look down their noses at us in Wales

Posted

About to get into trouble methinks

But a snow**** built last night

This is part of our adult range of self assembly snow sculptures.

Stock wont last get your orders in now only £5 a bag

that's absolutely brilliant - I can't stop laughing!!!!!!!!!!!yahoo.gif

seems to be trying to brighten up - don't like it's chances though - still overcast and sky still full of snow even if it's not falling out of it right now

Right at the moment the models are showing a slight warming up - but here's an advisory - the models keep backtracking this warm up with every run they are doing and pretty soon if it continues this way we'll stay in the cold air right through - but - as I said friday afternoon as of right now - warming up to the heady heights of 6 - 7c with a strengthening wind - but if I were you I would keep a close eye on the weather between now and then cause things may well change!

Ok many thanks, the last thing she wants is to get stuck somewhere between Kent and S.Wales

We're opening our sking resort today - Pontypridd on Tirol - loads of fresh virgin snow, some great apres ski and the biggest nastiest black run in the valleys called the Graigerhorn

Did you see the report on the TV over the weekend, about a farmer opening his fields for skiing, he even used a mini petrol engine and pulleys to create a makeshift tow ski lift, I think was in the northern valleys somewhere.

think me laptop is going into melt down - nowt else to do up here mind when the weather is like this - stuck above ponty in black rd - no way out today at least - gfriend is busy snoring away in bed - so i like to keep busy with my hobby - weather spotter - that's what she calls me - saves me going mad - only other thing to do is feed ourselves some how and look after the two dogs, the anger management cat and Honey the horse (although right now we can't actually get to her as she's on a farm that's even higher up than we are above ponty so conditions up there are probably even worse right now)

At lest the snow isn't going into melt down.

Went outside and there is about 4-5 inches generally, and drift of about 8 inches, as I found this out, when waling on the side of the kerb and put my foot on the road. It is always a good sign on snow depths when there is no distinction between road, pavement, and grass areas.