Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Shame it split into 2... my fun shall me over soon sadly, although its dropped quite abit of snow, do you think the second part of it (what was your first part, but split into 2!) will make it here in North B'ham?

it's forecast to get messy from now on - it'll be radar and hope casting from now on

Posted

it's forecast to get messy from now on - it'll be radar and hope casting from now on

Yep, im pretty confident, but across those welsh hills it can so easily lose some of its bite :drinks:

How much snow you think has fallen for you tonight then?

Posted

Yep, im pretty confident, but across those welsh hills it can so easily lose some of its bite smile.gif

How much snow you think has fallen for you tonight then?

absolutely loads - 3ft + drifts I'm sure

Posted

Nice! We have about 2 inches of fresh snow, possibly 3-4 altogether on 'old snow'

and that's on top of old snow too - probably all gone by the end of the weekend but further cold easterlies are on the horizon

I think we've all done ok out of this cold spell

last bit of heavyish precip is now getting a move on!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

and that's on top of old snow too - probably all gone by the end of the weekend but further cold easterlies are on the horizon

I think we've all done ok out of this cold spell

last bit of heavyish precip is now getting a move on!

Yeah, I didnt expect anything at the beginning of the night!

Seems as though its dying out just miles east of Birmingham.

Posted

i guesstimate this heavy cloud from radar will be hitting us within 15 mins. just hoping now.

our road was blocked off with a police sign before this snow started - I expect the sign is totally buried - they'll need a new one now!

starting to really come down heavy again and blow about in the wind adding to the pile of snow we've got - absolutely terrific snows

I think the resort of Pontypridd In Tirol is ready to be opened today - lots of fresh virgin snow - great apres ski and the black run from hell down the graigerhorn

Edited by andymusic

Posted

its dumping down again here now! wahey! whoo hoo! perhaps RCT can spend money on a ski lift instead of stupid monuments!

totally agree - where would we put them?

Posted

Light and at times moderate snow all night here, most of it has drifted to form very big drifts and put another few inches on the snow that has been here since mid december. Very nice cold spell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

WOW its stil hammering it down here, and this has to be some of the most i have ever seen. For the first time since i lived here (10years) as far as i remember, it is the first time that you cant tell the difference between the road and pavement. We have to had id say 7inches in places from what i can see out my window and the drift on the storage box out back is about 1ft! And its even stuck to walls on houses! this is a memorable snowfall for me! lol And just notices for the first time, my weather station is frozen, anamometer and wind direction thing (forgot the name) are not moveing in the wind!

Just measured the snow by the back door and its 5inches. never see it that deep on the patio by the house before!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

BBC Breakfast news main one - amazing again - Exeter is the hot topic - wales gets a small mention - I've had over 14 hours of snow and 3ft + drifts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

BBC Breakfast news main one - amazing again - Exeter is the hot topic - wales gets a small mention - I've had over 14 hours of snow and 3ft + drifts

Yep we have now had 16hours of snow now and its stupid if us in south wales dont get on the news more!! lol

Posted

Yep we have now had 16hours of snow now and its stupid if us in south wales dont get on the news more!! lol

I've just sent them an e-mail to complain

Posted

well well well - just had a reply to my e-mail and it said - live from wales in a few minutes time with their reporter

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

just brushed the drive, got about 6inches here, it snowed all night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

ummm about 3 mm here :-(

woody