Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi everyone, I've just been noticing that there are one or two of you who haven't put your location in your

avatar. If you'd kindly do this for us please, when you have five minutes, it will help the other members

to recognise where you are

Many thanks :D

Brian

Posted

clap.gifclap.gif

clap.gif ha funny..... good old M |& S

I think we could show off to Canada and the artic with what we've got laying on the ground in south wales

Posted

Is the band going to be more intense here too just went out for a walk snowing heavy but fine flakes accumilating yes but i would like something heavier to be onest this isnt M and S snow here yet although we have a deep covering this is currently Morrisons Snow yanno? But come and go somethings are good somethings are bad.

Dwi'n ffan o dywydd hafol fyd rhaid cyfafedd

Im a fan of Summer weather too must admit.

Posted

Crikey - this snow front seems to be never ending - it looks a bit like a magic trick - just keeps coming - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Is it going to hit Swansea hard? I still live in hope!!!

Ice queen, where are you in swansea??

Its already heavy here (near sketty primary school), and for the next hour maybe the radar is showing increasing precipitation, rather like earlier on about 7pm.

I think this will white out the roads good and proper up here,and at this time of night with hardly anyone using the roads it could well accumulate,no sign of a gritter at all, but not sure how low this will go.

Think it may well be blizzards shortly.

Dont you just love the atlantic systems.drinks.gif

Posted

It's really piling up here - if the thaw doesn't come - I'll be a bit concerned that's for sure - Alex Deakin looked a little unsure when he said temps would rise starting friday - if this keeps happening anything coming from the atlantic will turn into snow - it'll be over my head and I'm over 6ft tall - very worrying!

Posted

looks like there is a band of heavier stuff building and heading our way in the next hour or so, i`m amazed at the quality of the snow we have here at the moment. i think by daylight its going to be a winter wonderland all over again.

Posted

even though I live in a part of Swansea that someone activated the snow sheild at 5pm. I will hunt them down like dogs!!!! Seriously though it just doesn't "feel" like snow now

It'll pep up shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Whats the level snow depths like now guys? I told my uncle in Cwmdare that he would be snowed in tomorrow morning, he is at the top of the hill at roughly 200m ASL so I think I will be right :D

Posted

looks like there is a band of heavier stuff building and heading our way in the next hour or so, i`m amazed at the quality of the snow we have here at the moment. i think by daylight its going to be a winter wonderland all over again.

winter snow drift land more like it

Posted

The level of excitement in here is enough to send us into a heatwave haha :D

Posted

Whats the level snow depths like now guys? I told my uncle in Cwmdare that he would be snowed in tomorrow morning, he is at the top of the hill at roughly 200m ASL so I think I will be right laugh.gif

totally - easily 3ft drifts if not more

Posted

Its already heavy here (near sketty primary school), and for the next hour maybe the radar is showing increasing precipitation, rather like earlier on about 7pm.

I think this will white out the roads good and proper up here,and at this time of night with hardly anyone using the roads it could well accumulate,no sign of a gritter at all, but not sure how low this will go.

I live in morriston. I have been Reading your post and sulking patchy dusting here. Was really bad before nightfall but since nothing to speak of

Posted

Crikey - this snow front seems to be never ending - it looks a bit like a magic trick - just keeps coming - WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only we could install a giant pivot point somewhere off the south west coast,it would never end.

At what point though do you say enough is enough??

2foot? 4 foot?? 6foot??

I was thinking of packing some snow up and sending it to the south east ,seeing as they are missing out BIGTIME.

All the lamposts are having a really good time,really getting in the party mood at the moment.

Late night for me as there is no way i can get to work now !!!

Snow day, snow day !!

Posted

I can never remember a snow event with such local variation. For example here in Llangewydd court bridgend we have near 4 and half inches of level snow. Whereas down the road literally 2 miles in aberkenfig they have a covering of slush, similarly Llantwit Major has virtually nothing and that is not too far away either. Yet porthcawl which is on the coast has a fine covering. Very very marginal stuff

If only we could install a giant pivot point somewhere off the south west coast,it would never end.

At what point though do you say enough is enough??

2foot? 4 foot?? 6foot??

I was thinking of packing some snow up and sending it to the south east ,seeing as they are missing out BIGTIME.

All the lamposts are having a really good time,really getting in the party mood at the moment.

Late night for me as there is no way i can get to work now !!!

Snow day, snow day !!

This is sad I know but last year my brother in february made a mini snowman and still has it in his fridge!!! :D:):):)

Posted

I can never remember a snow event with such local variation. For example here in Llangewydd court bridgend we have near 4 and half inches of level snow. Whereas down the road literally 2 miles in aberkenfig they have a covering of slush, similarly Llantwit Major has virtually nothing and that is not too far away either. Yet porthcawl which is on the coast has a fine covering. Very very marginal stuff

and we have 1 and a half foot with 3ft drifts

Posted

I live in morriston. I have been Reading your post and sulking patchy dusting here. Was really bad before nightfall but since nothing to speak of

Thats quite hard to comprehend, as it is fairly lashing it down here, and the radar shows it all over really??

How high up are you there??

I guess im no more than 3 miles as the crow flies ?????

Posted

Whats the level snow depths like now guys? I told my uncle in Cwmdare that he would be snowed in tomorrow morning, he is at the top of the hill at roughly 200m ASL so I think I will be right :D

dowlais - not far from cwmdare (10-15 miles or so with similar asl)

http://members.traff...Standard%20Time

Posted

Off to bed, night all.

night Jay - got very heavy snow now again with massive flakes and drifting - gonna be a struggle just to get out the door in the morning let alone connecting up with the main road from our country lane! - amazing!

Posted

This is sad I know but last year my brother in february made a mini snowman and still has it in his fridge!!! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

He must have a very very cold fridge lol,perhaps a freezer fridge?