Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I noticed this aswell, I havent a clue why, perhaps if there are any mods etc on here they could explain.

Yes i did notice that, all of a sudden a vast area has all gone to snow.

Great these atlantic systems.unknw.gif

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

where's st david's college?

I believe in some backwater in Ceredigion where there is 6 inches of snow and a predicted temperature of -2c for Thursday night! (or was that -12c:whistling:)

Posted

does that mean i can get snow say yes please say yes

Posted

any chance it just might be that the easterly winds and the night time temps have had a massive effect on the front?

Posted

any chance it just might be that the easterly winds and the night time temps have had a massive effect on the front?

don't think so, it happened up in scotland exactly the same time

glitch, i'd say.

Posted

I believe in some backwater in Ceredigion where there is 6 inches of snow and a predicted temperature of -2c for Thursday night! (or was that -12c:whistling:)

thursday night is still on for -12 but tomorrow night (wednesday night) the gfs has extended the precip/cloud cover so the mega low temps look to be off this situation is literally changing all the time before our eyes - always happens with these snow events

Edited by andymusic

Posted

You walk it then lol....i said i'm walking it so far from a girl.oops.gifclap.gif

i cycle to work, piece of left trouser leg. Unless you fall off twice like i did last week.

Posted

Why has all precipitation suddenly turned to snow on the radar is it an error or because temps and dewpoints have dropped??

Probably an error with the radar. I have asked the question in a more relative topic, dont know if I'll get an answer though.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

It's just piling up here in Upper Cwmbran (np44 ), I reckon a measurement in the morning will give us about 10 inches especially if it carries on the way it is.....everywhere is white....on top of the white we already had !!!

going to trawl the mod outputs now for more info,.....sounds like it may be a thaw this weekend but so far so good, next week looks seriously cold.....again....

Cwmbran ( Se wales - west pontnewydd ) 150 m asl 5 miles east of Newport and snowing

Posted

It's just piling up here in Upper Cwmbran (np44 ), I reckon a measurement in the morning will give us about 10 inches especially if it carries on the way it is.....everywhere is white....on top of the white we already had !!!

going to trawl the mod outputs now for more info,.....sounds like it may be a thaw this weekend but so far so good, next week looks seriously cold.....again....

Cwmbran ( Se wales - west pontnewydd ) 150 m asl 5 miles east of Newport and snowing

A damn good pasting hey mate!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Just had a look at the Netweather radar and there is quite a heavy band currently over SW England that is going to be over S Wales in the next couple of hours so its only gonna get worse

or better!

Posted

GFS tonight (even though it's in F I low res) is progging another even worse blizzard on monday 25th Jan for us again - wow - I'm thinking of becoming an eskimo!

Posted

does that mean i can get snow say yes please say yes

Your asking me .... pascal....one of the most pessimistic people on here, if you can get snow in Port Talbot??

Anything is possible.

Posted

looks like the front has sort of stalled on the radar - oooooooh - could be interesting - might explain why GFS has precip right out to tomorrow night for this event!

Posted

Your asking me .... pascal....one of the most pessimistic people on here, if you can get snow in Port Talbot??

Anything is possible.

at least you'll be honest

by the way i like that song

Posted

GFS struggling to get mild back over us according to latest run.

Did you see those deep drifts in the fields near your house Jackone??

Good 2 foot when i looked about 7pm,could be 3 by the morning.