Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

A damn good pasting hey mate!

Have never had a pasting thankfully, too ugly and too big....aaah...you meant the snow...lol

yes its bl@@dy brill

cant wait to get the kids out in the morning sledging up and down the main road !! ( maendy way ) some lads have built a giant snowball right in the centre of maendy way just above colley motors apparently, so thatll cause some fun...lol

glad others live in Cwmbran use this site too...

nice to hear from you

Posted

looking at the radar the snow doesnt seem to have hardley moved the last couple of hrs,but noticed that the reds seem to turn yellow just before they hit us,has it stalled over us and why does it seem to change from heavy snow to lighter stuff,ov course i could be wrong as i can only just read a book never mind the weather lol

Posted

I'm revising while watching the snow couldn't be better lol.

statistics, isn't it?

all you'll have in your head is '3 million five hundred and sixty four thousand snow flakes, 3 million five hundred and sixty four thousand and one snow flakes.....' and so on

Posted

statistics, isn't it?

all you'll have in your head is '3 million five hundred and sixty four thousand snow flakes, 3 million five hundred and sixty four thousand and one snow flakes.....' and so on

Lol, na i'll have formulas such as z=x-m over standard deviation and so on lmao.

Posted

GFS tonight (even though it's in F I low res) is progging another even worse blizzard on monday 25th Jan for us again - wow - I'm thinking of becoming an eskimo!

Eskimos have huskies not volvos. . . and have you ever seen a husky stuck in the snow???yahoo.gif

I'm revising while watching the snow couldn't be better lol.

Good luck for tommorow in your exams if they happen. x

Posted

Eskimos have huskies not volvos. . . and have you ever seen a husky stuck in the snow???yahoo.gif

Cheers - yep they're going ahead although if you cannot make it they can be done in the summer.....but i'm doing it tomorrow as its fresh in my head.

Posted

Thanks Ali - nope - gonna buy that Volvo snowmobile though - that'll not get stuck!

Posted

Ok after this snow a few days of mild maybe at the weekend. But the gfs is now reloading the cold and a hell of a cold spell to come again. At least we can clear it and start the fun again. lol....But of course - there is going to be a heck of a lot of snow to clear...

Posted

I doubt im gonna make it into the exam tomorrow some deep drifts forming here and theres more to come snow has become lighter dont know how much more there is to come however the radar isnt working for the future anyone else noticed?

Posted

Cheers - yep they're going ahead although if you cannot make it they can be done in the summer.....but i'm doing it tomorrow as its fresh in my head.

Good luck Jay!!

Posted

Ok after this snow a few days of mild maybe at the weekend. But the gfs is now reloading the cold and a hell of a cold spell to come again. At least we can clear it and start the fun again. lol....But of course - there is going to be a heck of a lot of snow to clear...

FLOODS & WINDS CHAOS - this winter is shaping up to be a very testing time - think when we finally get to summer we'll all be glad of a rest!

I doubt im gonna make it into the exam tomorrow some deep drifts forming here and theres more to come snow has become lighter dont know how much more there is to come however the radar isnt working for the future anyone else noticed?

still loads to come!

Posted

Just done a postcode zoom and the whole area zoomed in on is covered in pink barring a few tiny white spots, truly stunning.

Continuing snow,with the front stalling (hopefully) and dumping a full load over the south west and Wales for a change.

Basingstoke,Aviemore,all sky reporters.... can you hear us, its our turn now.

Tycoch hill ski resort... am renting rooms out starting from £100 per night ,when your tired of skiing all day , relax and sunbathe down in the bay.

The all in one resort.... Snow to sunny days within 2 miles.

Lampost still going, all be it not that heavy.

Posted

FLOODS & WINDS CHAOS - this winter is shaping up to be a very testing time - think when we finally get to summer we'll all be glad of a rest!

still loads to come!

Lol, too good this snow....i knew we would have a big snow event.

Posted

Looks like you should consider writing this exam off. Stay up all night lampost watching, if all your mates turn up and sit it, at least you will always remember what went wrong!!. I cant see many people in south wales turning up for anything tomorrow, unless of course we have the nighmare of a gradual rain transistion.

Should not really be saying any of this because I am a teacher!!! lol

good luck if you do make it in!!! :drinks::drinks::drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Looks like you should consider writing this exam off. Stay up all night lampost watching, if all your mates turn up and sit it, at least you will always remember what went wrong!!. I cant see many people in south wales turning up for anything tomorrow, unless of course we have the nighmare of a gradual rain transistion.

Should not really be saying any of this because I am a teacher!!! lol

good luck if you do make it in!!! drinks.gifdrinks.gifdrinks.gif

How many teachers are on this forum? I teach in RCT - they have just pulled home school transport for tomorrow. happy days? cc_confused.gif

Posted

How many teachers are on this forum? I teach in RCT - they have just pulled home school transport for tomorrow. happy days? cc_confused.gif

anyone thinking of going anywhere tomorrow in vehicles or otherwise would be wise to put their journeys off till at least late tomorrow or thursday - not gonna be much movement in 3ft+ drifts of snow I'm sure - dangerous conditions

Posted

anyone thinking of going anywhere tomorrow in vehicles or otherwise would be wise to put their journeys off till at least late tomorrow or thursday - not gonna be much movement in 3ft+ drifts of snow I'm sure - dangerous conditions

Mate, i'll have to walk it then....i have to do my exam.

Posted

Got to laugh haven't you, i think i was happier than the students today when the snow started coming down. slightly worry is that reports of snow turning to sleet and rain just down the road from me in aberkenfig. Still heavy here in bridgend :drinks::drinks:

fingers crossed!!!

Edited by NAOwillgetyou

Posted

still loads to come!

Just looked at the forecast for here Thursday morning and at 0600 it showed -6 !!!!!!!!!!

If that is anywhere near close then , your -12 could be on.

Keith may well have to get his £100 out.

Early days though ..........

You still have the get out of jail free card.

Posted

Just looked at the forecast for here Thursday morning and at 0600 it showed -6 !!!!!!!!!!

If that is anywhere near close then , your -12 could be on.

Keith may well have to get his £100 out.

Early days though ..........

You still have the get out of jail free card.

Thank you oh kind sir!