Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Thats quite hard to comprehend, as it is fairly lashing it down here, and the radar shows it all over really??

How high up are you there??

I guess im no more than 3 miles as the crow flies ?????

I am up on the graig over loooking the enterprise zone, not that high I imagine don't know asl hight but usually get snow if it's around humph:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Looks like more rain here in Morriston, doesnt suprise me with the temp still at 1.5C, Looking at the observations on the metoffice website even Mumbles Head is slightly colder than it is here at 1.3C bit of bad luck right there to say the least :rolleyes:.

Posted

Lucky sod!!! seriously good on you mate happy to see south wales get a good covering1!1 drinks.gifdrinks.gif

Thanks mate - your very welcome to come up and enjoy it if you can get here - there's plenty for all!

Posted

Looks like more rain here in Morriston, doesnt suprise me with the temp still at 1.5C, Looking at the observations on the metoffice website even Mumbles Head is slightly colder than it is here at 1.3C bit of bad luck right there to say the least rolleyes.gif.

That sure is strange????

Mumbles colder than Morriston???

There is a thick band of precip very close now , that should really show up wether you have rain or snow,if it does not disperse.

My lamposts are still saying yey.

Slightly above moderate at moment, pending a heavy spell.

Posted

He must have a very very cold fridge lol,perhaps a freezer fridge?

yep sorry meant freezer every time he got some food out it was there staring at him, he even got him out (the snowman!!) for chrismas dinner as a table centerpiece..... :rolleyes::drinks:

Posted

The way things are going - and this is no joke - they'll be issuing avalanche warnings for ponty shortly as the amount of snow is phenominal - big flakes right now - heavy with drifting

The Graig hill just down the road from me will have it's own avalanche warning and it'll be a no go area all day tomorrow - it's not a very nice steep hill to climb in good conditions but in these conditions it becomes a black run on a ski slope and anyone foolish enough to try to get down it will end up dead or maimed!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Keep thinking I should go to bed for some beauty sleep, then you all keep saying the heavier stuff is about too fall..... think i might get cold cider from the fridge and stay up while longer....... although I really could do with the beauty sleep. lolcrazy.gif

Posted

The way things are going - and this is no joke - they'll be issuing avalanche warnings for ponty shortly as the amount of snow is phenominal - big flakes right now - heavy with drifting

Wont be much fun under an avalanche especially if its minus 12.

Posted

My exam is at half 9 tomorrow I'm not going to make it i don't think i may aswell leave now still wouldnt get there in these drifts. We'll she wat tomorrow morning holds now. Heavier snow here now. And the morriston thing? My mothers fiance works in the DVLA and he said coming back through moriston there was a thick covering of snow at around 4 o clock today?

Posted

It's just started snowing here, although it is fairly light at the moment.

Anyone any idea how much we're expecting around here?, we have already got around 4 inches lying from last week.

Posted

Wont be much fun under an avalanche especially if its minus 12.

-12 in two nights time (thursday night)

It's just started snowing here, although it is fairly light at the moment.

Anyone any idea how much we're expecting around here?, we have already got around 4 inches lying from last week.

I think you're looking good for a few inches

Posted

My exam is at half 9 tomorrow I'm not going to make it i don't think i may aswell leave now still wouldnt get there in these drifts. We'll she wat tomorrow morning holds now. Heavier snow here now. And the morriston thing? My mothers fiance works in the DVLA and he said coming back through moriston there was a thick covering of snow at around 4 o clock today?

Yep then someone turned on the snow shield ahhhhh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Yup thats true, shame it snowed for about an hour with a covering before turning back to sleet/rain. Places higher up doing much better it seems.

Have wet snow here right now, certainly better than all rain.

Posted

-12 in two nights time (thursday night)

I think you're looking good for a few inches

Where you are I would not be surprised at a - 4 but I think you are pushing it for minus 12. Interesting that this snow event could mean that we only have a 5 day mildish (in fact not mild but seasonal average) before it starts to turn cold again :rolleyes::drinks:

Posted

Icequeen-- the road going up the hill around the back of sketty primary school is now starting to white over.

Anymore significant snow showers from now will make that road impassable in your average vehicle.

It was touch and go earlier,but with a few vehicles , it managed to slush up and clear a bit, however now its really quiet so by the time the mornig traffic gets going it will be a slide all the way down but you wont get back up.

Posted

Where you are I would not be surprised at a - 4 but I think you are pushing it for minus 12. Interesting that this snow event could mean that we only have a 5 day mildish (in fact not mild but seasonal average) before it starts to turn cold again acute.gifacute.gif

Bit like the "Perfect storm" famous line -

IT'S NOT GONNA LET US OUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Im snowed in 3 foot drift against my front door.

Posted

Icequeen-- the road going up the hill around the back of sketty primary school is now starting to white over.

Anymore significant snow showers from now will make that road impassable in your average vehicle.

It was touch and go earlier,but with a few vehicles , it managed to slush up and clear a bit, however now its really quiet so by the time the mornig traffic gets going it will be a slide all the way down but you wont get back up.

OMG!!!! My lampost has just started whispering to me !!!!!! Hope it starts shouting

Posted

If it gets to about 3.15am and it's still snowing and I don't think it's gonna have a problem with that, then it's been continuous for 12 hours

Im snowed in 3 foot drift against my front door.

3ft + drift snap

Posted

Good to see you getting some good snowfall! I used to live in Carmarthenshire SW Wales, seems like they're seeing alot of snow right now! :rolleyes: Have fun!!!

Posted

Bit like the "Perfect storm" famous line -

IT'S NOT GONNA LET US OUT

Having looked at a few forecasts Andy it would seem, may not be too far off the mark, however i cant see it either, but im having a few doubts and he may win this wager yet.

-12 versus -2

At minus 7 it is a draw?? fair comment??

Either side of that will determine the winner.

Lampost is still playing a blinder, i think i may go take it a cup of tea and hob nobs in a minute.

Rather like a young child has that belief in Santa Claus, im beginning to believe that my lampost is producing all this snow, but how?? How can it do so?? how can so much snow emminate from an intrinsically protected unit?

Posted

Good to see you getting some good snowfall! I used to live in Carmarthenshire SW Wales, seems like they're seeing alot of snow right now! biggrin.gif Have fun!!!

hiya mate - studied at the birmingham school of music over 20 years ago and winters there used to be very cold