Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just looked at rain today, and there is loads of precip on there, looks like there is just as much on there to come as we have already had! or am in reading it wrong? and those darker areas over sw england, are they coming here?

Posted

schools are closed here tomoz for deff as wife works in school and just had text, there have also been a few accidents up here.

Posted

still snowing here. fine snow being blown around but we have a nice 4 inches now on top of the previous 3 left from last weeks snow

Posted

Just looked at rain today, and there is loads of precip on there, looks like there is just as much on there to come as we have already had! or am in reading it wrong? and those darker areas over sw england, are they coming here?

absolutely right - in fact the gfs 18z looks like it might even extend the precip into the evening tomorrow night

Posted

Snow lasting till 11am Dereck Brockway said woohoooo!!!

be great if it did but cant see it snowing in the south for another 12 hrs maybe im wrong but that seems like a long time.

Posted

absolutely right - in fact the gfs 18z looks like it might even extend the precip into the evening tomorrow night

Are you serious. It would be up to my windows in the house by then!!

Edited by WINTRY WALES

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

This is truly amazing, well could wake up to 4-6inches then, seeming there is already 2-3inches. Night all, good luck, stay safe and look foward to the morning!

Posted

be great if it did but cant see it snowing in the south for another 12 hrs maybe im wrong but that seems like a long time.

The 82 blizzard snowed for a couple of days if I recall - I was on an orchestral course in Duffryn gardens and we ended up having to stay there an extra week - doing our own meals cause the catering staff couldn't get up the country road there

Posted

yat ote name='andymusic' date='12 January 2010 - 22:36 ' timestamp='1263335768' post='1742644']

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Snow lasting till 11am Dereck Brockway said woohoooo!!!

Very disappointed with derek tonight. And BBC UK's forecast was rubbish.

Snow in the south west...

oh yeah, some weather in south wales diablo.gif

Posted

we have already had nearly 8 hours here, and it looks like there is just as much if not more precip still to come on raintoday!

Posted

Are you serious. It would be up to my windows in the house by then!!

It may well dwindle by then mind - less intense but it is showing precip until then

Posted

Very fine but heavy snow here blowing everywhere open my shed door and there 2 inches of accumilated snow on the floor in there :/ thats what the wind is doig :/

Posted

Have already closed my school for tomorrow, we are having an absolute battering with the addition of what looks like more than half still to come. The three mile journey to open up for exams is looking like a hike rather than a drive. Should be an interesting morning out there!

Posted

What are your thoughts on me getting to st davids college to sit my exam at 1.30 tomorrow?

where's st david's college?

Posted

If it snows too far into tomorrow night then your -12 would be under sever threat??? lol.

Would you take defeat in the temperature wager versus an extra 12 hours of snow??

Indeed the radar does look promising, i think within an hour it will be heavier here again, but for how long can this stay as snow?

Who else from Swansea is still online? whats happening down Mumbles area?? ,ive heard a few reports not just on here that its only the highest areas still gettting snow????

Posted

yat ote name='andymusic' date='12 January 2010 - 22:36 ' timestamp='1263335768' post='1742644']

so is that for the valleys?(please say yes lol)

Posted

I am ahappy bunny now.... I have a lovely covering of white crisp snow.... Do you think I could be greedy and still ask for more? I was on santas good list?