Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Very light stuff again after a few more moderate hours, thankfully the temps stable. Deepest covering since Feb 2007 now (7 inches) need about 2cm to top that. Snow lying since New Years Day here, this is 80's revisited, a trip back to my youth (if only!).

Posted

looiing at the radar it is in for the night but i am not sure if it will be very heavy and the wind seems to have dropped even more, im not moaning mind it been great today

going to bed soon so catch you all sometime tomor and good luck with exams. and all keep safe

Posted

Got to laugh haven't you, i think i was happier than the students today when the snow started coming down. slightly worry is that reports of snow turning to sleet and rain just down the road from me in aberkenfig. Still heavy here in bridgend :drinks::drinks:

fingers crossed!!!

Haha i started writing going to the exam earlier, i argued with the headmaster saying carmarthenshire education board should have joined with powys and ceredigion agains the exam proceding and then there mite have been more of a case and he told me that people who live in close proximity could stil lmake it and therefore it was unfair on them so i said this school as a datgylch(i dnw the english word sorry) of around 20 miles and half of thats brecon beacons national park or on the outskirts, Glanaman, Garnant, Gwaun cae gurwen, Brynaman, Cwmllynfell, Ystradowen, Ystragynlais etc. So i told him he was being villagist :) (racist but to villages) he said that the situation layed with the exam board and you can always do it in the summer then i fought ide better not argue anymore :) and then we got send home early.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

gone very fine here in cardiff. when is the next batch of heavy onions on its way? Looks close.

We are in the hole in the clouds right now I reckon - more to come!!!

Posted

only being progged to be 2 deg C on Thursday as per BBC news weather just now

thought it was getting milder?

Posted

gone very fine here in cardiff. when is the next batch of heavy onions on its way? Looks close.

heavy snow should be with you shortly I think

Where is this heavy stuff comming from as I canot see it on the radar.

from the south into cardiff/barry and south east wales - port talbot will get more too soon

Posted

heavy snow should be with you shortly I think

from the south into cardiff/barry and south east wales - port talbot will get more too soon

Isit actually snowing in Port Milpot then Mr MoNOPOLY?

Posted

only being progged to be 2 deg C on Thursday as per BBC news weather just now

thought it was getting milder?

not until friday/saturday and then he said "MIGHT" - so it's not set in stone just yet!

Posted

Got to laugh haven't you, i think i was happier than the students today when the snow started coming down. slightly worry is that reports of snow turning to sleet and rain just down the road from me in aberkenfig. Still heavy here in bridgend drinks.gifdrinks.gif

fingers crossed!!!

This is shocking coming from teachers in South Wales.

Every effort should be made to open the schools tomorrow.

Infact were i headmaster, then i would have you there at your respective schools right now salting, shovelling and gritting the paths, and surrounding areas, to make sure the children of the future are given the best possible opportunity to progress up the educational tree.

Your IP adresses have been taken and been sent to Gordon Brown as i type.

Dont worry hell be out soon,and who would want to teach those terrors anyway.

Lampost is showing moderate now, slight increase in last half hour,and more importantly its still snow.

Posted

This has/is been an amazing snow storm - glad you've all got the snow you've been wishing for - seems this "even larger teapot" will set the tone for winters to come possibly - and we'll ban the mild winter to the global warming cupboard and lock it up!!!!!!!!

Posted

Your IP adresses have been taken and been sent to Gordon Brown as i type.

No, don't do that. that dullard will think it's this years bankers bonus, or something, and write them another cheque!

Posted

Isit actually snowing in Port Milpot then Mr MoNOPOLY?

Well it is , but its more of a fine drizzle really been like that for a few hours now. We had heavy stuff before I got dark tho. Very slushy around here at the moment.

All roads are ok tho as they where gritted well in advance. Council here has been pretty good where that is concerned always been able to get around.

And yes it looks the cold isnt going down without a fight either. Its been delayed for a day or so.

End of the month looks good, but they say feb is going to be on the mildish side

Posted

anyone thinking of going anywhere tomorrow in vehicles or otherwise would be wise to put their journeys off till at least late tomorrow or thursday - not gonna be much movement in 3ft+ drifts of snow I'm sure - dangerous conditions

Yes do not bother driving, i can predict the weather but not accidents as i found out tonight, god knows how much it will cost to fix the car. 3 mph down hill, did not touch breaks, lost traction and walloped a street post, knocked one wheel so its like crosseyed from the other.

Its really not worth taking the car out, spoilt the fun for me a little.

Posted

Well it is , but its more of a fine drizzle really been like that for a few hours now. We had heavy stuff before I got dark tho. Very slushy around here at the moment.

All roads are ok tho as they where gritted well in advance. Council here has been pretty good where that is concerned always been able to get around.

And yes it looks the cold isnt going down without a fight either. Its been delayed for a day or so.

End of the month looks good, but they say feb is going to be on the mildish side

Nope - FEB = COLD

Posted

Just done a postcode zoom and the whole area zoomed in on is covered in pink barring a few tiny white spots, truly stunning.

Continuing snow,with the front stalling (hopefully) and dumping a full load over the south west and Wales for a change.

Basingstoke,Aviemore,all sky reporters.... can you hear us, its our turn now.

Tycoch hill ski resort... am renting rooms out starting from £100 per night ,when your tired of skiing all day , relax and sunbathe down in the bay.

The all in one resort.... Snow to sunny days within 2 miles.

Lampost still going, all be it not that heavy.

Posted

Yes i've got to agree with you there are progressive signs that february will definetly be milder than january but that isn't hard but i don't think it will be overly mild.

Posted

Anybody that has lived through the winters of the 60's. 70's and 80's could tell peeps this is a common thing then. The mild tried to win, but fails. I see the temps are now being downgraded to lower, and the snow being held out for longer. The models are progged for 'even larger teapot'. Now we have low solar output this will be a regular feature. Back to the past. Global warming is no more. lol...

Posted

No, don't do that. that dullard will think it's this years bankers bonus, or something, and write them another cheque!

I was wondering who was gonna bring the bankers into this after the news tonight that one of them is gonna get a 9.7 million pay packet after we flippin bailed him out so he could keep his job and now he's getting his greedy freak on again and shortly once again we'll all be back to square one in a massive recession!

Posted

Anybody that has lived through the winters of the 60's. 70's and 80's could tell peeps this is a common thing then. The mild tried to win, but fails. I see the temps are now being downgraded to lower, and the snow being held out for longer. The models are progged for 'even larger teapot'. Now we have low solar output this will be a regular feature. Back to the past. Global warming is no more. lol...

Posted

This has/is been an amazing snow storm - glad you've all got the snow you've been wishing for - seems this "even larger teapot" will set the tone for winters to come possibly - and we'll ban the mild winter to the global warming cupboard and lock it up!!!!!!!!

If the next two winters are like this one , the global warming debate will be dead in the water.

I remember watching Francis from sky tv and another forecaster (piers or whatever) having a kind of argument regarding long range forecasing the other day.

The long and short of it was that Francis seemed fairly convinced that long range forecasting was rather silly, however this other independant bloke talked of solar flares etc.

Now if next winter is like this one,then the warming debate will start losing credence and , if the following winter be the same then, well cooling will be on the cards , and another tax will be invented to stop global cooling.

Should be good for gas guzzlers.