Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A good top up of snow overnight, schools closed acorss our area. The band has barely moved since about midnight! Plenty more to come albeit light.

Posted

No signs of any snow here, and what remains on the ground is nothing but a slushy mess.

Alot of unhappy east midlanders, it hasnt got much further East than Birmingham all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I would hate to be right on the edge of this band! Must be awful!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Just seeing BBC weather looks like could have this for most of today! Don't think it will turn to rain! Also showed it moving north east through the day so I think the east midlands will get some aventully!

Posted

I would hate to be right on the edge of this band! Must be awful!

Yep! Im just a few miles in luckily!! Its heavy but very small flakes. Its surprising how quickly it amounts though!

BRMB Radio are saying it may turn to sleet later :clap:

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted

Just seeing BBC weather looks like could have this for most of today! Don't think it will turn to rain! Also showed it moving north east through the day so I think the east midlands will get some aventully!

Indeed, it looks like it wont go fully until around 6pm for us maybe even a touch later. :clap:

Posted

Yep! Im just a few miles in luckily!! Its heavy but very small flakes. Its surprising how quickly it amounts though!

BRMB Radio are saying it may turn to sleet later :clap:

why, whats bad about the edge of the band? may turn to sleet, probably on the back edge, for the time being snow is most likely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

All the holes in the now have been covered. Shame that it is dying out or I could get quite a bit of snow! My school is open though, but I don't have any morning lessons so it doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Posted

Maybe a bit of sleet on the backedge but i doubt it will damage any snow cover because not only will it probably be very light it wont last long too!

Snow for most of the day-Enjoy!

Posted

Nick I wouldn't worry I still think we have plenty ours of snow left looking at radar! Not that I trust that so much after the snow I have had when nothing there! But hoping for a couple

more inches maybe neorealism days out!

Posted

All the holes in the now have been covered. Shame that it is dying out or I could get quite a bit of snow! My school is open though, but I don't have any morning lessons so it doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Im afraid to tell you, it isnt quite dying out, more to come throughout the day :drinks:

Posted

Nick I wouldn't worry I still think we have plenty ours of snow left looking at radar! Not that I trust that so much after the snow I have had when nothing there! But hoping for a couple

Posted

Loads here - and still snowing - have had to abandon my car up the road - this is probably the most we've had! and of course NOTHING gritted...... my little car sliding all over the place - and have hour journey to Staffordshire to work - so have decided to work at home today!!! Anybody any idea how long this will last??yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Snowing here,fine stuff,but coming down quite well and has covered everything .

The radar suggests the band is starting to fragment though.

Posted

The radar suggests the band is starting to fragment though.

Indeed. It will be the dual funded Derby-Notts Snow Shield.

It does look like some fragmantation, but not sure if this is temporary or a permanent feature of the front of this band.

No snow here, but ground is 'damp'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yeah there is loads to come, but it will most likely be in the form of heavy snow grains with the odd real flake thrown in - which is just a nuisance!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah there is loads to come, but it will most likely be in the form of heavy snow grains with the odd real flake thrown in - which is just a nuisance!

still great though, my 4th lot of lying snow, models look good in FI aswell, less cold for maybe only a few days