Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

still great though, my 4th lot of lying snow, models look good in FI aswell, less cold for maybe only a few days

Yeah it's great, today will be my 15th consecutive day of substantial snow cover!

Posted

WOOOOHOOOOO yahoo.gif

Just woken up to SNOW!

my boys schools are shut unfortunetly rolleyes.gif . they r very happy!

we have about 3/4 cm,s here i think but havent measured!

this looks like it could snow all morning! it was fragmenting but holes are filling in now! drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yeah it's great, today will be my 15th consecutive day of substantial snow cover!

15th? my 9th day, but had the snow on 23rd dec

Posted

Right, because I don't have any morning lessons, my road is frozen over and registration is a pointless exercise (we get registered electronically in lessons anyway) I am not going to bother struggling into school just to come home again. Most other schools have seen sense and closed except for those with exams.

Very nice covering outside, with minidrifts up kerbs!

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Time for a bacon sarnie me thinks, then sit down with a hot brew watching the snow listening to the radio!!

oooh yes! i have my hot brew and im listening to radio hereford and worcester atm! not feeling like a bacon sarnie yet tho biggrin.gif .

it will keep snowing this morning wont it?

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

sounds like a decent fall all over - not sure how much, but there is more on my car than last wednesday or monday mornings for sure..........................at least 3-4cms worth possibly slightly more.

humm shall I have a snow day and work from home.whistling.gif

not snowing at the moment though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some 3-4cm's here overnight. :D

Posted

Morning all

Now snow here in Nottingham, but the amount of black ice is incredible, its leathal out there this morning, and now a fine drizzle is falling on the ice..

Cheers

FC

Posted

oooh yes! i have my hot brew and im listening to radio hereford and worcester atm! not feeling like a bacon sarnie yet tho biggrin.gif .

it will keep snowing this morning wont it?

I hope so! I think for you in Worcester it will, seems to be breaking up here though! Looks nice now though so im more than happy especially after I predicted a 'dusting'.. I could work for the BBC with my way off forecasting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Radar suggests it's been snowing all night here and there's still light snow. Drifting makes it difficult to tell, but there must getting on for 9" lying here now. I've been here over 21 years and don't recall there being as much snow as this before.

Posted

WOOOOHOOOOO yahoo.gif

Just woken up to SNOW!

my boys schools are shut unfortunetly rolleyes.gif . they r very happy!

we have about 3/4 cm,s here i think but havent measured!

this looks like it could snow all morning! it was fragmenting but holes are filling in now! drinks.gif

What are the main roads like around Redditch loopy ?

There's around 5 cm here in Bromsgrove.

Posted

I hope so! I think for you in Worcester it will, seems to be breaking up here though! Looks nice now though so im more than happy especially after I predicted a 'dusting'.. I could work for the BBC with my way off forecasting!

its just the front edge that was a bit fragmented! that holey bit will pass u soon enough and then u will be under a huge blue unfragmented blob again drinks.gif

the only thing im concerned about is it turning to sleet mellow.gif

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

My husbands school is open, he left the house 25 minutes ago and has managed to travel a distance that would normally take 5 minutes - and he's in a gridlock!!!

I'm just going to ring my daughter and make sure that she got her bus ok - it would seem that the gritting has been cut right down. A main road that my husband takes that is usually gritted is pretty bad this morning.

Posted

My husbands school is open, he left the house 25 minutes ago and has managed to travel a distance that would normally take 5 minutes - and he's in a gridlock!!!

I'm just going to ring my daughter and make sure that she got her bus ok - it would seem that the gritting has been cut right down. A main road that my husband takes that is usually gritted is pretty bad this morning.

With the rate snow fell last night gritters were fighting a losing battle on the main road outside my house, they had to come past 6-7 times. Its no surprise that alot of main roads are dreadful, schools should open later to be honest. The school opposite me is open too, it hasnt closed once throughout this cold spell! Pretty good going!!

Posted

What are the main roads like around Redditch loopy ?

There's around 5 cm here in Bromsgrove.

well... minor roads are impassable! as far as i know cars are managing along the main roads but only just!

a few people have phoned my hubby telling him that some people helped them get out of their close but they have got stuck on a few main roads tho so they cant get to a morning meeting.

Posted

The road leading up to my school is quite a steep, ungritted hill. And apparently all the cars are having to be pushed up. Absolute joke!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

With the rate snow fell last night gritters were fighting a losing battle on the main road outside my house, they had to come past 6-7 times. Its no surprise that alot of main roads are dreadful, schools should open later to be honest. The school opposite me is open too, it hasnt closed once throughout this cold spell! Pretty good going!!

I've just spoken to my daughter - she's been waiting for her bus for 45 minutes now! I've told her to stick it out until half past and then come back if the bus hasn't arrived. Her bus got stuck on a hill on monday for 45 minutes - it's got zero chance of making it up there today!!

My other half has really, really got to get there today for exams.

At the moment my school is still showing as open, so another day of snowman building in the playground is on the cards...it's sort of educational! My sons (who have a snow day) will be coming with me - no missing school for them ha ha ha!

Posted

Wheyyy snowing in Telford this morning, has been for over 6 hours now :air_kiss:

Probably about 2cm with 3-4cm on some surfaces.

Posted

Moderate snowfall here now. Truly amazing. It looks quite deep out, I went out into the back to the garage to get some steak out the freezer for tonight and theres easily 6-8cm!

Posted

Snowing here in Leicester , but I would say it is very sleety , although more snow than rain . I have never been a big fan of light frontal Snow , If your going to have frontal Snow it needs to be heavy with big flakes to make it worth while.