Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

B_S, I meant NE of you btw biggrin.gif anyway, starting to see neutrino sized snow flakes mixed in with the misty rain... its smisting out!!! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

When some schools remain open regardless I think it is thoughtless and in some cases reckless. With the state that the roads are in today it is going to be inevitable that the vast majority of staff and pupils will struggle to get in. And when school reopens, teachers will have the problem of some pupils being ahead and some pupils being behind.

Sometimes it is far easier to close a school than have the "we will open regardless" attitude.

And it only needs someone's car sliding uncontrollably onto a pavement where there happens tp be someone walking/standing or a pedestrian slipping into a road in front of traffic and there could be a serious injury or even fatality. Is it really worth the risk for journeys which aren't actually necessary when it boils down to it?

Posted

yeah, but I'm north west of you, so with this front moving a about .0000000006 miles per hour, it wont reach me till lunchtime! laugh.gif

o_rly.jpg

B_S, I meant NE of you btw biggrin.gif anyway, starting to see neutrino sized snow flakes mixed in with the misty rain... its smisting out!!! laugh.gif

Was about to say! Chilwell would be to the NW!

Definitely snowing here, and it's actually trying to settle! Good luck to it, it's gonna be interesting to see how well it does.

Edited by butler_son

whats the forcast for bham (solihull) area today with regards temperatures?

Are we likely to have a slight thaw this afternoon when the front breaks up?

I ask as its my bday today and had a restaurant booked for 10+ this evening, and not sure on what condition the roads will be in 5/6 hours time?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well if the NMM model is right, then parts of Mid Wales and The West Midlands could have some heavy snow later this evening. It doesnt even clear the PPN totally around here till about 6am tomorrow morning! :diablo::yahoo:

Posted

Birmingham International Airport still closed due to snow on the runway , (doesn't surprise me one bit)

Some big problems on the motorways and major roads around brum at the moment.

IF YOU DON'T NEED TO TRAVEL DON'T SIMPLE AS!. You've been warned.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

And it only needs someone's car sliding uncontrollably onto a pavement where there happens tp be someone walking/standing or a pedestrian slipping into a road in front of traffic and there could be a serious injury or even fatality. Is it really worth the risk for journeys which aren't actually necessary when it boils down to it?

Precisely. Common sense should prevail. My Mum is absolutely furious with my school. My brother in Year 11 has an exam this afternoon, and the entire school has been sent home. My Mum can't pick him up because we cannot get out of our road (it is a hill and completely snowed/iced over) so he is having to go to a friend's house. All of this would have been averted if either:

a) School was shut from the word go except those with exams

:whistling: They sent everyone home except those with exams, who would be supervised in revision classes by the few teaching staff that made it in.

But of course, teachers know best don't they...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

o_rly.jpg

Was about to say! Chilwell would be to the NW!

Definitely snowing here, and it's actually trying to settle! Good luck to it, it's gonna be interesting to see how well it does.

hahahaha!!!! oops.gif coolm if its getting heavier where you are, then its only a matter of time before it reaches me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Footprints from half 7 in the morning across the garden have now disappeared. Pretty impressive stuff that!

the heavier stuf must be moving to me :whistling:

Posted

1st Post! Freezing rain, well, drizzle Melton Mowbray and Nottingham - everywhere not salted is slick black ice. Pedestrians on the road and I think advice is to not venture out!

J.

welcome aboard... It was dreadful in Melton this morning at 0630 my misses skided off the road at Waltham then into the path of an on coming car before giving up on the A607 and coming back home. We both caught the train to work this morning. I am off to Cardiff and it's snowed all the way from Hinckley. I am now sat at Bristol Parkway waiting for my connection and light snow is still coming down..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still snowing lightly here, fresh 1-2cm i'd say.

Got a song to wake you peeps up on this Wednesday morning :lol:

I think Butler Son and Crimson will like this one especially :whistling:

Posted

Got a song to wake you peeps up on this Wednesday morning :lol:

I think Butler Son and Crimson will like this one especially :lol:

We still have these microscopic flakes here, if this persists then we will have some sort of dusting, I'm sure.

Naaaah, more of an indie kid myself (though do occasionally have some tendancies to heavier things, Lightning Bolt for instance).

Though, as you're a metaller...try this for size (I don't know if it's one of their best, I don't listen to them, but my housemate does - said housemate is also drummer in my band, the other housemate is guitarist, I'm bassist :whistling:) - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nJzLGU5rjSM

Edited by butler_son

Posted

Have you borrowed your snow shield to Mushymanrob? At its most, its still only 3-4mm here :whistling:

Edited by Shiny_Bottom_1

Posted

has been snowing in cov since about 6/7 am we had some really heavy stuff so far say about 10cm easyyy this winter has been a good one so far 4 days of heavy snow and abt 3 days of light coverings what more could you wantwhistling.gif

Posted

Morning all. Started snowing lightly around 7.45am then just carried on getting heavier, went back to being light about half an hour ago but there has to be a fresh 2-3cm's on the ground. Listened to the local weather report this morning which suggested milder weather for the weekend with some rain but that it will turn colder with more snow next week. I'm just thinking back to Sunday when we were all waving goodbye to the cold weather. This week has been better for me in terms of snow depths than last week, loving it!

Posted

Got a song to wake you peeps up on this Wednesday morning good.gif

I think Butler Son and Crimson will like this one especially wink.gif

LOL!! class good.gif It was like watching myself in the great battle against the mighty weather gods themselves for some snow this winter and LOOSING!!! lol!!!!!!!!

Posted

We still have these microscopic flakes here, if this persists then we will have some sort of dusting, I'm sure.

Naaaah, more of an indie kid myself (though do occasionally have some tendancies to heavier things, Lightning Bolt for instance).

Though, as you're a metaller...try this for size (I don't know if it's one of their best, I don't listen to them, but my housemate does - said housemate is also drummer in my band, the other housemate is guitarist, I'm bassist :cold:) - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nJzLGU5rjSM

Hmm not bad, see when it comes to heavier stuff I like it to be heavier stuff but with singing rather than RROOARRRAAOOYYYRAAOOOOT!! lmao.

What about this song... This is like in my top 5 favourite songs I love it

Soft rock i'd say.

Posted

Though, as you're a metaller...try this for size (I don't know if it's one of their best, I don't listen to them, but my housemate does - said housemate is also drummer in my band, the other housemate is guitarist, I'm bassist pardon.gif) - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nJzLGU5rjSM

Its stopped s'misting out here. hasnt technically snowed yet in NG5, just a few random grains in the midst of misty rain. I dont get it????????????? wacko.gif

post-8050-12633800191928_thumb.png

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted

hahahaha!!!! oops.gif coolm if its getting heavier where you are, then its only a matter of time before it reaches me...

At least you can see where the ice is now as the snizzle has settled on the ice patches, I'm looking for a weather wind to drive to London, at the moment I can't get out of the car park!!

If there was some heavier snow I could get some traction...

Heyho

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted

has been snowing in cov since about 6/7 am we had some really heavy stuff so far say about 10cm easyyy this winter has been a good one so far 4 days of heavy snow and abt 3 days of light coverings what more could you wantwhistling.gif

10cm LOL! That is a classic over-exaggeration of snow depth IMO. I'd say you have 4-5cm MAX. I am 25 miles up the M69 and I have 1-3cm now, still coming down nicely and shows no sign of ending yet on the radar. Theres no way you will have 8cm more though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

welcome aboard... It was dreadful in Melton this morning at 0630 my misses skided off the road at Waltham then into the path of an on coming car before giving up on the A607 and coming back home. We both caught the train to work this morning. I am off to Cardiff and it's snowed all the way from Hinckley. I am now sat at Bristol Parkway waiting for my connection and light snow is still coming down..

Hi mate, the A607 didn`t get any better later according to my wife.

She traveled up to Waltham an hour after your mrs, and put the front end of her car into a hedge.nonono.gif

I went in the opposite direction towards Oakham and the highways peeps had decided today is best to start roadworks!!??wallbash.gif

Posted

Its stopped s'misting out here. hasnt technically snowed yet in NG5, just a few random grains in the midst of misty rain. I dont get it????????????? wacko.gif

Crimson on that radar... Do what i do... Change the radar type to "Traditional" and then on the left where it says "Smoothed" click on it, it looks so much better :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow is much lighter now, I suspect that should be that for today, apart from the odd slightly heavier burst.