Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Right this one is for you Nottingham people out there, not only have we got a better football team and a better City but now we have better snow :pardon:

This is like one of those moments from a 90's gameshow... "Now lets see what you could have won"

Lets not talk about football, The Super Saddlers (Walsall FC) are by far the best team in the Midlands..

Still slightly snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

sound of front door slamming as I run full belt to Leicester to get some snow this winter....

55running%20away755.jpg

:clap: Yep, Leicester rocks, just admit it and you can come and play in our snow :pardon:

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Temperature now 1.5c - What's going on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Corrected that for you AJ! :rofl::pardon: :lol: :good: *Runs* :lol:

Start running young whippersnapper, you're gonna pay for that! :clap:

:lol:

Posted

Right this one is for you Nottingham people out there, not only have we got a better football team and a better City but now we have better snow :pardon:

This is like one of those moments from a 90's gameshow... "Now lets see what you could have won"

This bit of your post is right!

I've never been to Leicester (to be averted in March, when I should be heading to Leicester Beer Festival), but I'm pretty sure that anywhere is better than Nottingham. It's still not snowing, and the South West are having more. Pah.

South Central? I would say Reading, Oxford, Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth, Basingstoke etc... :clap:

This, to me is wrong. My belief is this:

Reading: South East

Oxford: West Midlands

Bournemouth: South West

Southampton: Scumlands South East

Portsmouth: South East

Basingstoke: South East

Yet we receive the same news. For example, someone in Dorchester will recieve news from Newbury and Brighton & Hove. WHAT? Someone on the South Central thread was shocked when I said I'd rather have news from Plymouth than Southampton, even though Southampton is nearer. Ho well...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Berkshire is south-east, it's within a stone's throw of London!

Posted

sound of front door slamming as I run full belt to Leicester to get some snow this winter....

55running%20away755.jpg

That can't be you, you're not a red head!

Ooooh, red headed girls... :pardon:

Posted

am i right in thinking that the band will swing around a bit and go slightly more northerly? pardon.gif

keep seeing gaps in precip very close to my location but its still snowing here? for how long tho?

Posted

In other news, I just saw a snowflake pass my window. Literally one. I suspect it was lost. :pardon:

Thats not even worth joking about!! :good:

What? You can't surely be human! :clap:

Posted

In other news, I just saw a snowflake pass my window. Literally one. I suspect it was lost. :pardon:

What? You can't surely be human! :clap:

:good:

Its brunettes that tickle my pickle.

In weather news.. its still lightly snowing..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Have to agree, given the size of the Midlands in comparison to other regions, we in the East Midlands should really have our own thread. Its like watching Central News on ITV and hearing stories about solihull etc whistling.gif

I see that East Anglia got taken out of the London & SE forum and has been given its own, along with "3 counties", whichever they are! I agree that the region is big enough to have split East and West forums.

Posted

Lets not talk about football, The Super Saddlers (Walsall FC) are by far the best team in the Midlands..

Still slightly snowing.

I can't say anything at the moment :(

on topic I'll take some piccies in a mo outside still coming down lightly here ..had an extra 4-5 cms on what was left

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow getting heavier here now, still the small flakes but they are settling easily. I estimate that I have a total snow cover of at least 4 inches, probably got an extra inch last night. Mini-drifts forming up walls and car wheels.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

In other news, I just saw a snowflake pass my window. Literally one. I suspect it was lost. :o

What? You can't surely be human! :(

I'm with you on this one, redheads FTW :o Although I do like Brunettes just as much :o

Posted

Well that's strange... it's starting to melt off the cars. For the first time in my life though, I'm actually not bothered if it all melts.

Posted

Right this one is for you Nottingham people out there, not only have we got a better football team and a better City but now we have better snow clap.gif

Well you certainly proved that when Forest beat you 5-1 last month and as regards better City I think the World Cup organising Committe put paid to that claim tongue.gif However I will give you the last one as we definetly don't have any snow at the moment

Edit: Light snow now falling in Nottingham City Centre smile.gif

Edited by Ryan05

Posted

Nor do you have a stadium for the World Cup :(

Posted

Where's C_S to? Probs on the A46, but still, guess what's back? SNOWING IN NOTTINGHAM! Again. :o

I'm with you on this one, redheads FTW :( Although I do like Brunettes just as much :o

Finally, someone that sees the allure in red headed maids! There's something about them...

Doesn't stop me partaking in ginger banter anyway! :o

I think we should be seperated from you brummie people. Seperate thread for people with good accents like a thread just for Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Market Harborough, Nottingham, Derby and Rutland

LOL i`m about 25 miles southeast of birmingham thank god i have a nice accent here, actually this side of birmingham do its the other side of birmingham has has the horrible accent, anyway loads of snow here, you must be jealous of us andy with all the snow and still a nice accent and still classified as the west midlands :shok:

Posted

hi all, snow gettin slower and slower here now nonono.gifis this the end or is there more to come from sw

as i see its stil snowin fairly steady in bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yeah snowing a bit more now here too (next to university boulevard). Take a long time to properly settle at this rate tho! Settling on the black ice at least so it'll be easier to spot.

Posted

Something weird is happening here - it's now 1.9c and the snow is turning to sleet... I think I must be within a thin bit of cloud as it's really brightening up too.