Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

back to grainy stuff....the heavier snow is passing to my east, hitching a ride on the A34 from Cannock to Stafford!

laugh.gif

errr! its just got very dark overhead! and flakes have just this second started getting bigger again cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

A pulse of heavy snow is heading straight for me according to the radar. Today has been the best day of the cold spell for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

stourport on severn, worcestershire,

snowed all day here, several times its almost stopped, then it comes back, snowing heavily at the moment, whens it going to stop????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Tiny flakes right now but loads of them! The PPN seems to be coming in increasingly from the West right now.

Posted

Got to have had nearly 3.5 inches of snow since last night. 5 inches+ in the garden and over 6 inches in local fields. Hasnt stopped snowing all day. Fantastic! Current temp 0.2C and falling.

Posted

Currently the heviest snow of the day here! Hasn't stopped all day now.

Indeed by far the best day of snow this winter so far, had small flakes of snow generally from 2am - 3pm only stopping occasionally though now its throwing it down in proper 9th February 2007 style, aka HUGE flakes and heavy :):)

Edited by conor123

Posted

Indeed by far the best day of snow this winter so far, had small flakes of snow generally from 2am - 3pm only stopping occasionally though now its throwing it down in proper 9th February 2007 style, aka HUGE flakes and heavy :yahoo: :yahoo:

That's coming towards me, and if Conor is happy with it then it must be good :lol:

Only kidding mate :D

Posted

That's coming towards me, and if Conor is happy with it then it must be good :yahoo:

Only kidding mate :lol:

:yahoo: Ive been very bitter about this cold spell thus far as everythings always gone to pot last minute but today has been fantastic especially considering i expected 1cm at best.

Still coming down very heavy and entirely 50p size flakes aswell.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Indeed by far the best day of snow this winter so far, had small flakes of snow generally from 2am - 3pm only stopping occasionally though now its throwing it down in proper 9th February 2007 style, aka HUGE flakes and heavy :yahoo::yahoo:

& you doubted it would even get here, tut tut. Lesson to be had-patience!!! Is the road to the Doctors still compacted snow?

Edited by drgl

Posted

:yahoo: Ive been very bitter about this cold spell thus far as everythings always gone to pot last minute but today has been fantastic especially considering i expected 1cm at best.

Still coming down very heavy and entirely 50p size flakes aswell.

Can't wait for it to hit here now! Would really be a cracking end to a prolonged cold spell. Hope it hits before darkness so I can see it fall properly.

Posted

Just had a look at the town centre cams for Shrewsbury, seems to be hardly anything there? Chucking it down here now, the last hurah of this cold snap :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Looks like the PPN is increasing just in time for the rush hour!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just had a look at the town centre cams for Shrewsbury, seems to be hardly anything there? Chucking it down here now, the last hurah of this cold snap :yahoo:

Its snowing pretty moderatly... not huge flakes but decent sized...

Elevation issues again I would guess..

Posted

& you doubted it would even get here, tut tut. Lesson to be had-patience!!! Is the road to the Doctors still compacted snow?

Indeed and there were perfect shaped snow crystals landing on the windscreen earlier, a rare sight.

The Station Road which goes down to the doctors i live on has big piles of slushy snow at the sides but was clear when i got back around 30 minutes ago but the snow has covered it again now.

The back garden which has no sunlight in the winter has a good 3-4 inches now aswell so will make a snowman later before the thaw sets in.

Posted

Its snowing pretty moderatly... not huge flakes but decent sized...

Elevation issues again I would guess..

Shame, seeing as it travelled right over you! This is what is missing for me-in the early 80's Shrewsbury had some right dumpings of snow, god knows what places with elevation experienced at the same time!! Blizzards on Meole Brace bank sledging, arhh........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I suspect many schools will be closed again tomorrow from all the snow today and icy conditions. The desperate one's may have later openings. :yahoo: