Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hi mate, the A607 didn`t get any better later according to my wife.

She traveled up to Waltham an hour after your mrs, and put the front end of her car into a hedge.nonono.gif

I went in the opposite direction towards Oakham and the highways peeps had decided today is best to start roadworks!!??wallbash.gif

So your joke about women drivers was right after all? :cold: Just kidding of course!!!

Glad she is ok though, could have been a lot worse, I think it's a bad idea to be driving at the moment unless it is absolutely neccasary.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Temperature rising quite rapidly here, it's at 1.1c already - could possibly turn to rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We've only had the light snowflakes the whole time. Our local radios are all going for sleet later depsite you guys telling me it will stay as snow! Looking at the radar it's fragmenting quite quickly now so things should ease here now though and I would be expecting it to stop rather than turn to sleet. 0 degrees, dp just below freezing at 0.2 so we may see a little thaw later as it warms up I suspect. 5cm extra fallen here on flat surfaces.

Posted

Hmm not bad, see when it comes to heavier stuff I like it to be heavier stuff but with singing rather than RROOARRRAAOOYYYRAAOOOOT!! lmao.

What about this song... This is like in my top 5 favourite songs I love it

Soft rock i'd say.

I've definitely heard that before - what I'd term as Alt. Americana or something.

To get people in the mood for snow with the video, have this missive from my favourite band:

Its stopped s'misting out here. hasnt technically snowed yet in NG5, just a few random grains in the midst of misty rain. I dont get it????????????? wacko.gif

Yeah, fizzled out here as well. Surely that can't be it? Besides, my view of the QMC from here is still a little obscured, there must be summat in the way?

Posted

Temperature rising quite rapidly here, it's at 1.1c already - could possibly turn to rain?

Are you sure?? Here at 75m ASL it reads -0.1c and dew -2.8c :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

here's NG5 as of 11am today...

TracyAllenDesolate.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yeah, fizzled out here as well. Surely that can't be it? Besides, my view of the QMC from here is still a little obscured, there must be summat in the way?

To be fair the east Midlands were never going to get anything substantial, a dusting at best. This was always going to be a west Midlands event rather than east.

Posted

10cm LOL! That is a classic over-exaggeration of snow depth IMO. I'd say you have 4-5cm MAX. I am 25 miles up the M69 and I have 1-3cm now, still coming down nicely and shows no sign of ending yet on the radar. Theres no way you will have 8cm more though.

nope it's not much of a ramp.... almost 10cm fresh snow here!

Posted

To be fair the east Midlands were never going to get anything substantial, a dusting at best. This was always going to be a west Midlands event rather than east.

Pah West Midlands West Shmidlands . Don't get me started else i'll start my "Which classes as Midlands" debate :rofl:

I think we should be seperated from you brummie people. Seperate thread for people with good accents like a thread just for Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Market Harborough, Nottingham, Derby and Rutland :drinks:

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

here's NG5 as of 11am today...

TracyAllenDesolate.jpg

Pretty sure NG7 doesn't look quite that nice, m'dear! :rofl:

Yeah, I wasn't expecting anything at all really, so a nice surprise to see a few white specks sail past my window! :drinks:

Posted

Pah West Midlands West Shmidlands . Don't get me started else i'll start my "Which classes as Midlands" debate :rofl:

I think we should be seperated from you brummie people. Seperate thread for people with good accents like a thread just for Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Market Harborough, Nottingham, Derby and Rutland :drinks:

lol I like how you referred to the West Mids as 'brummie people'. What about us yam yams!

Posted

Pah West Midlands West Shmidlands . Don't get me started else i'll start my "Which classes as Midlands" debate :cray:

I agree, us people from Birmingham/Walsall with the good accents need seperating from you :rofl:

Edit: I had to add Walsall as thats where I am originally from, moved into the dark depths of B'ham now though..

Edited by GreatBarr

Posted

I live in the East Midlands and we've had plenty of snow this morning crazy.gif

Posted

Pah West Midlands West Shmidlands . Don't get me started else i'll start my "Which classes as Midlands" debate :cray:

I think we should be seperated from you brummie people. Seperate thread for people with good accents like a thread just for Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Market Harborough, Nottingham, Derby and Rutland :rofl:

Rugby and Nuneaton are in Warwickshire, therefore West Midlands... *sigh* :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

We go by Met Office definitions on here, this is a weather forum!

I AM NOT A BRUMMIE! Yes my Mum is from Birmingham, but I was born in Stafford and lived my whole life in Staffordshire...I ai now Brummay.

Posted

Rugby and Nuneaton are in Warwickshire, therefore West Midlands... *sigh* :drinks:

Nahthey are slap bang in the middle of England, they are Midlands not WEST Midlands :rofl:

Everyone... Take a look at this in the Wales thread LMFAO

Look at the pic halfway down...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

My husband got school only to be told that they were sending the kids home!! I'm off out for a walk now to check out the roads/le of the land.

Still snowing, I'm amazed!

Posted

Pah West Midlands West Shmidlands . Don't get me started else i'll start my "Which classes as Midlands" debate rofl.gif

I think we should be seperated from you brummie people. Seperate thread for people with good accents like a thread just for Leicester, Rugby, Hinckley, Nuneaton, Market Harborough, Nottingham, Derby and Rutland wink.gif

Have to agree, given the size of the Midlands in comparison to other regions, we in the East Midlands should really have our own thread. Its like watching Central News on ITV and hearing stories about solihull etc whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

We go by Met Office definitions on here, this is a weather forum!

I AM NOT A BRUMMIE! Yes my Mum is from Birmingham, but I was born in Stafford and lived my whole life in Staffordshire...I ai now Brummay.

Christ knows what I am...Born & bred in Devon, with 3 years in the states, and now 3 years here....A broad devon accent, with a hint a drawl, and a splash of brummy.....Now thats an accent!

Still snowing here btw, mostly light, and seemingly not adding to the early morning accumulations (around 1-2 inches)

Posted

Nahthey are slap bang in the middle of England, they are Midlands not WEST Midlands :rofl:

Everyone... Take a look at this in the Wales thread LMFAO

Look at the pic halfway down...

http://forum.netweat...n/page__st__391

This sounds like a similar debate I had on the South Central thread, when I told them that the concept of South Central didn't exist. It says a lot when only people from 2 counties (Hampshire and Berkshire, occasional West Sussex) frequent that thread! It should be removed, with the Hants and Berks peeps told to go South East. Dorset people have been welcomed into the South West thread very happily!

Now, I put this to you - if you believe in a "Central Midlands", what is your opinion on a South Central? I don't like either of these - the Warks/Leics border and the Peak District are a very good divider of East and West Midlands, in the same way that the New Forest keeps the South East and South West distinct.

Come on, let's be having ya! :drinks:

Christ knows what I am...Born & inbred in Devon

Corrected that for you AJ! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::cray: *Runs* :cray:

Edited by butler_son

Posted

Right this one is for you Nottingham people out there, not only have we got a better football team and a better City but now we have better snow :clap:

This is like one of those moments from a 90's gameshow... "Now lets see what you could have won"

This sounds like a similar debate I had on the South Central thread, when I told them that the concept of South Central didn't exist. It says a lot when only people from 2 counties (Hampshire and Berkshire, occasional West Sussex) frequent that thread! It should be removed, with the Hants and Berks peeps told to go South East. Dorset people have been welcomed into the South West thread very happily!

Now, I put this to you - if you believe in a "Central Midlands", what is your opinion on a South Central? I don't like either of these - the Warks/Leics border and the Peak District are a very good divider of East and West Midlands, in the same way that the New Forest keeps the South East and South West distinct.

Come on, let's be having ya! :pardon:

South Central? I would say Reading, Oxford, Bournemouth, Southampton, Portsmouth, Basingstoke etc... :good:

post-2115-12633816259728_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

sound of front door slamming as I run full belt to Leicester to get some snow this winter....

55running%20away755.jpg