Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Indeed and there were perfect shaped snow crystals landing on the windscreen earlier, a rare sight.

The Station Road which goes down to the doctors i live on has big piles of slushy snow at the sides but was clear when i got back around 30 minutes ago but the snow has covered it again now.

The back garden which has no sunlight in the winter has a good 3-4 inches now aswell so will make a snowman later before the thaw sets in.

Get down to where the pig monument was(until someone knicked it!), make a nice big one in that area, as experience tells me :yahoo: The circle is also pretty good :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Starting to settle here on cleared areas e.g Driveway. A little darker to my South too. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Starting to break up just before it hits me, I don't believe this :yahoo:

Posted

Starting to settle here on cleared areas e.g Driveway. A little darker to my South too. smile.gif

oooh really? im off outside for a look!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Starting to break up just before it hits me, I don't believe this :lol:

Its not like youve had nothing! :yahoo:

Weve all done very well from this-dont know about Shrewsbury however...:yahoo:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Some pics of our road & garden.

Edited to resize pics!

post-2989-12633984924028_thumb.jpg

post-2989-12633985033328_thumb.jpg

Edited by drgl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

I cant complain that much really... its snowed all day, still is and there is a fair lot on the ground (not sure how much now been stuck in work all day and my window only gives me a view of a snow covered hedge)... cosidering the altitude compated to Telford, most of the West Mid, some of Staffordshire, and the town center location, its not too bad...

Certinly out of town its as bad there as many other places around the Midlands...

Posted

It just looks so nice out there at the moment. No wind, big flakes fluttering down over a white landscape. Not bad for the first half of the winter! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Just to add the thaw here over the last few hours has stopped, and surfaces are starting to get recoverd, that got cleared this morning...

Posted

wow! its snowing very heavily in redditch! from what i have seen in the last 13 hours this is the heaviest drinks.gif

was heavyish here too but now fizzled out to nothinwallbash.gifwallbash.gif please come back even heavier and bigger flakes!!

or is this really the end????

Posted

great to see but i hope these main roads stay clear otherwise rush hour is going to be a nightmare! its laying rapidly here!

Posted

Nearly stopped here now, its been snowing since about midnight. Another approx 3 inches has fallen in this time, on top of what we already had. :yahoo::)

Edited by Koppite

Posted

Had some quite nice big flakes here about 20 mins ago after snow almost constantly since around 4am, albeit rather light at times and the reasonable amount that stuck to surfaces melted away in many places during the day. It has now stopped snowing here. My brain hurts as I stayed up till the snow arrived and ended up with only 4 hours sleep, time for a long nap methinks!

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted

was heavyish here too but now fizzled out to nothinwallbash.gifwallbash.gif please come back even heavier and bigger flakes!!

or is this really the end????

flakes are getting slightly smaller here but they are whizzing down! im afraid we are near the end now!

Nearly stopped here now, its been snowing since about midnight. Another approx 3 inches has fallen in this time, on top of what we already had.

Yes amazing isn't over 12 hours of continuous snowfall though light most of the time, going to be a great night tonight for walking in the countryside should be thicker snow and colder out in the sticks.:yahoo:

Posted
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Not big flakes, but we're having the heaviest snow here at present since overnight. Hardly anything on the radar to account for it, so it just goes to show you can't go entirely by the radar with regard to snowfall.

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted

Interesting day here in Nottingham. Freezing drizzle left a sheen of ice across most surfaces- especially treacherous around the hillier Northern and Eastern sides of the city.

Now light snow has been falling for the past couple of hours-- beginning to lay I guess. Peanuts compared to other parts of the country but nice to see nonetheless!!

Posted

Not big flakes, but we're having the heaviest snow here at present since overnight. Hardly anything on the radar to account for it, so it just goes to show you can't go entirely by the radar with regard to snowfall.

Thats interesting as nothing really shows on the radar there!

Posted

I think that will be my lot for today now, doesn't look like anything else is on the way now, excellent day though. Roads will be a nightmare in the morning.

Posted

flakes are getting slightly smaller here but they are whizzing down! im afraid we are near the end now!

all over me now thinks but never say never!!!! its stil snowin in glous at mo. but sadley not here at allcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Should see a marked increase in snowfall in the next 20-30min. There is a larger and heavier band to my NW which looks to either hit Stoke dead on, or just pass to the east of that area. Hopefully some further intensification before this band arrives here, as this will most likely be the end of it for a good while.

light snow here in stoke no heavy stuff

Posted

light snow here in stoke no heavy stuff

Yeah it pretty much died out when it reached the Shropshire/Staffordshire border, stopped looking at the radar about half an hour ago though so it might have changed, but I would be surprised if we got anything else tonight.