Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Had some decent spells of snow this morning - some quite heavy at times. However, the lying snow melted fairly quickly inbetween showers. I noticed, during my travels, that there appears to be a fair amount on top of the moors

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Plenty of heavy snow showers through the morning , but as quick as it comes it's melting (below 100 mtrs), if the temps were a tad lower it might stick around

Posted

Afternoon all

At work in Coningsby at the mo, I have to say the wolds had some snow overnight which made things a little tricky. The Ice was the worst ive ever driven on this morning with scores of accidents all over the county. Been snowing on and off all morning here at work with a very heavy fall around 9am this morning leaving roads, grass ect covered in a few centimeters.

Still flurries every now and again but the radar looks interesting for this afternoon could possibly be an interesting trip home.

LO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

This morning's snow cover had partially thawed by 1300 but a heavy snow shower in the last half hour has more than restored it. About 1.5cm of lying snow with lying snow even down to around 150m.

Posted

Isolated snow showers here with sunshine in between

a pretty hefty snow shower over south Sheffield around 1245 which gave 1cm in about 10 mins in he Ecclesall-Norton area, even covering the roads briefly.

Posted

heaviest snow shower of the day here now :yahoo:

Hi mate, hope your move went well :yahoo:

It's been a great day hasn't it? I love the sunshine and wintry shower type of weather. Having a heavy graupel shower just now :yahoo:

Posted

We had a covering from overnight showers and several further showers today but settled snow has melted in the sun even at this altitude. Accumulation in the deep shade is around 1cm.

Temp is currently 0.5°C windchill I suppose about -4 or -5 °C.

What's on the agenda for tomorrow ? Fax chart is showing a front across northern England - will it amount to anything significant ?

Posted

Had a very heavy snow shower over Worksop wich lasted about 20mins. Stopped about 15mins ago. Looked a bit heavier over Creswell (going by the radar) A dusting everywhere apart from the roads and paths.

So far today there has been four snow showers. Sugar coating this morning with a little ice in places.

Back to History lol :yahoo:

Posted

Hi mate, hope your move went well :)

It's been a great day hasn't it? I love the sunshine and wintry shower type of weather. Having a heavy graupel shower just now :)

Hi mate. I'll be getting a new kitchen and bathroom soon, which will probably take a month :yahoo: my internet will be on at home on monday :yahoo:

back to today, and it's great this type of weather, and the snow showers have been rather frequent this afternoon :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

About 3cm of lying snow here after another heavy snow shower. Temp' is -2.0c.

Posted

light snow shower not much at all really.very dark clouds to my north just missed us

EDIT:that very dark cloud just clipped us snowing nicely now

Edited by willkani

Posted

I drove through some pretty heavy snow showers on my way back from Wakefield today, back in Grimsby now and still have slight covering in shaded areas. Perhaps more showers tonight?

Posted

It snowed here too alot the metoffice were wrong with the forecast today they said light snow flurries but they were heavy and BBC weather did not show any snow I was surprised but last night I checked BBC weather and this morning and did not show any snow on the map but those showers did buffer up it be interesting tonight as it -10 on england quite cold that is again.

Edited by Sammy21

Posted

Still nothing of interest here today, a few snow / hail showers except one at about 3.30pm which didn't melt on contact but was just blown all over by the wind.

I would say this afternoon has got a lot colder since the "8th Feb Cold Spell" started.

Looking N & NE out of the bedroom window looks pretty clear.

Posted

It snowed here too alot the metoffice were wrong with the forecast today they said light snow flurries but they were heavy and BBC weather did not show any snow I was surprised but last night I checked BBC weather and this morning and did not show any snow on the map but those showers did buffer up it be interesting tonight as it -10 on england quite cold that is again.

Ye the met office got it pretty wrong as usual lol. But cant see anything tonight, the gfs precipitation forcast shows nothing apart from around the humber... http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn124.png. And being right under the high pressure now I can see why... http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn121.png

Posted

same here its cleared but hope there is some left it was settling well but if the snow happen earlier in the night just before everyone woken up it would be all covered well but cars was driving over it and it was still restarting to settling again we had big hail sizes as well golf ball sizes in Lincoln

Posted

same here its cleared but hope there is some left it was settling well but if the snow happen earlier in the night just before everyone woken up it would be all covered well but cars was driving over it and it was still restarting to settling again we had big hail sizes as well golf ball sizes in Lincoln

We had some heavy hail/snow showers today. only tiny hail though smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New weather warning:

Local areas affectedWarning typeValid fromValid toYorkshire & Humber: E Riding of Yorkshire Kingston upon Hull N Lincolnshire N Yorkshire NE Lincolnshire S Yorkshire W Yorkshire YorkWidespread Icy Roads1915 Wed 101000 Thu 11Following Wednesday's snow showers widespread ice is expected to form on untreated surfaces during Wednesday evening, Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. In addition to this further snow showers are expected to give accumulations of a centimetre or two in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on road conditions on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1714 Wed 10 Feb

OOOOOOOOOO 1/2 cm of fresh snow, il believe that when i see it!

Edited by Jed Bickerdike