Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

chance of any snow later then? just been looking at that met office invent and looks like some showers could start pushing in around 9

Posted

Looking like rain here I'm affraid. Current temperature around 4 with dew of 1.3. I really hope next week delivers something as this week has been pretty disappointing considering those lovely charts we were all seeing a week ago.

Posted

chance of any snow later then? just been looking at that met office invent and looks like some showers could start pushing in around 9

what an earth is an an 'invent' please?

Posted

There some snow near Sprunehorpe :) some showers building up this will line up for Lncoln as wind coming from NW downwards :)

It wont let me re edit to spell Sprunehorpe

Edited by Sammy21

Posted

There some snow near Sprunehorpe :) some showers building up this will line up for Lncoln as wind coming from NW downwards :)

settling? looking a bit warm for it to settle i guess

Posted

They are some showers feeding down from the north from the north sea yust arrived into england and many more from the north sea but will it push down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

lol,swear filter i guess

Posted

We've had some drizzly rain this morning so if it's rain at this altitude I'll be surprised if today's showers arrive as snow anywhere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

We've had some drizzly rain this morning so if it's rain at this altitude I'll be surprised if today's showers arrive as snow anywhere.

Same here. A few light showers earlier this morning but no sign of any snow in them.

Posted

just got this by email from Met office

ADVISORY of Heavy Snow for Yorkshire & Humber valid from 0001 Tue 16 Feb to 2359 Tue 16 Feb

hope so!

Andy

Posted

I think next week is looking very interesting, unfortunately not so interesting for coastal regions. Anywhere inland and high up will certainly do well and even low ground inland could do pretty well. Even though the meto warnings are highlighted for the coast I wouldn't be too confident, there is still time for change but I can't see the coast doing particularly well this week, hopefully I'm wrong, but its looking more wintry (rain/Sleet/Snow) than snowy.

Meto Warning-

http://www.meto.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/yh_forecast_warnings.html

There is a moderate risk of locally heavy snow falling in parts of the UK at times on Tuesday. A band of rain will turn to snow at times as it spreads eastwards with up to 5 cm accumulations in places and possibly 10 cm over hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Damn ! - wrong again....it's just started snowing here :rolleyes:

Yep, within 10 minutes of me agreeing with you we had a short shower of wet snow. Several showers of wet snow, sleet and small hail since 10.0 a.m but almost all the lying snow this morning has thawed.

Posted

Yep, within 10 minutes of me agreeing with you we had a short shower of wet snow. Several showers of wet snow, sleet and small hail since 10.0 a.m but almost all the lying snow this morning has thawed.

About the same here. More snow perhaps tomorrow afternoon/evening according to the lovely Lisa (a real weather model), although there are lots of gritters around in our area tonight. Have the council been told something different ?

Posted

yes-simply that there is going to be a frost=icy stretches where any showers have occurred.

Posted

Can someone help me please how many mm rain fallen from 08/02/10 to 12/02/10 for these I put:

8/10/02 - 0.3mm

9/10/02 - 0.1mm

10/10/02 - 1.3mm

11/10/02 - 0.9mm

12/10/02 - 0.2mm

This for my duke of Edinburgh excel sheet doing the average work out of the months can any help me well I searched on google and I used a site for Lincoln but I forgot what the site is and I meant to be filling it in for the holidaymad.gif

Posted

yes-simply that there is going to be a frost=icy stretches where any showers have occurred.

They don't normally turn out in this neck of the woods for a bit of frost, they might turn out for 20cm of snow....after they've done the bus routes in Sheffield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Well i'm pleasantly surprised to see the advisory for our area and seeing it shift from further west to our neck of the woods :-) that northern low can't make its mind up but nonetheless interesting prospects good.gif

Posted

Well i'm pleasantly surprised to see the advisory for our area and seeing it shift from further west to our neck of the woods :-) that northern low can't make its mind up but nonetheless interesting prospects good.gif

Welcome to the forum Imp81drinks.gif . We all might get a few suprises next week, fingers crossed. The bbc forecasts are now mentioning the risk for heavy snow from Monday onwards but not saying where yet.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover