Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Ye the met office got it pretty wrong as usual lol. But cant see anything tonight, the gfs precipitation forcast shows nothing apart from around the humber... http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn124.png. And being right under the high pressure now I can see why... http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn121.png

hi Jed

this has just come through on my e-mail from the MO, hope yet lol, i am perhaps in a more favourable position being on the Humber (even though its low ground) just had a good shower

Yorkshire & Humber: E Riding of Yorkshire

Kingston upon Hull

N Lincolnshire

N Yorkshire

NE Lincolnshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

York

Widespread Icy Roads 1915 Wed 10 1000 Thu 11

Following Wednesday's snow showers widespread ice is expected to form on untreated surfaces during Wednesday evening, Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. In addition to this further snow showers are expected to give accumulations of a centimetre or two in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on road conditions on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1714 Wed 10 Feb

Sorry you bet me to it :-)

Edited by russh

Posted

hi Jed

this has just come through on my e-mail from the MO, hope yet lol, i am perhaps in a more favourable position being on the Humber (even though its low ground) just had a good shower

Yorkshire & Humber: E Riding of Yorkshire

Kingston upon Hull

N Lincolnshire

N Yorkshire

NE Lincolnshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

York

Widespread Icy Roads 1915 Wed 10 1000 Thu 11

Following Wednesday's snow showers widespread ice is expected to form on untreated surfaces during Wednesday evening, Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. In addition to this further snow showers are expected to give accumulations of a centimetre or two in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on road conditions on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1714 Wed 10 Feb

Sorry you bet me to it :-)

Ye, out of our region youre definatly at highest risk, I think inland areas will be dry tonight so im not expecting anything smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Been driving around howardian hills today and caught some very heavy snow and hail showers, far more frequent then the forecast suggested. Decent covering in some locations, light covering almost everywhere from north York to the North York moors. With temps already below freezing any further showers will settle on all untreated surfaces. Showers forecast to die out, but still many heading in land from the north sea.

Posted

Woke up to a dusting of snow this morning, three times in a row. Plenty of heavy snow showers earlier with temps dropping to 0.c during showers, the snow did settle but soon melted when the sun came out, a few patches of snow left current temp -1.1c. GFS Looks very wintry for much of Yorkshire hopefully it will come of.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Snowing very heavily here at the moment. First time that the snow is really setting well today this close to the coast

Posted

WOW!! Where did that come from! Stuck at work so not seen any forecasts all day. Had a few light snow showers through the day and then a REALLY heavy one just now lasting about half an hour with really good chunky flakes, Iv'e nipped out to the car park and theres at least an Inch on the ground. Radar shows a couple more showers heading in later. yahoo.gif

Posted

WOW!! Where did that come from! Stuck at work so not seen any forecasts all day. Had a few light snow showers through the day and then a REALLY heavy one just now lasting about half an hour with really good chunky flakes, Iv'e nipped out to the car park and theres at least an Inch on the ground. Radar shows a couple more showers heading in later. yahoo.gif

Just seen that one on rain today looked healthy to say the least............

Looks like there will be some more to follow in that direction....

Edited by fazzafarrand

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Was about time one of those potent showers made a direct hit on us :( Was a pain being down on the coast watching all todays showers going north and south of us :drinks:

Posted

Very heavy snow shower and nearly 2" of snow? No warnings or forecast??

Two inches! shok.gif Surprised tbh, sounds like you have done really well.

Any pics?

Posted

Your not the only one suprised!! No pics. Sorry.

Not doing as well as you on this part of the coast. We have got a very light covering and I mean light. Pleased you finally got some though.

Posted

Your not the only one suprised!! No pics. Sorry.

You sure you have 5cm? Not calling you a liar but many a time I have looked outside and thought I have more snow than there actually is, unusually when I think I have 5cm there is 3cm.

Posted

You sure you have 5cm? Not calling you a liar but many a time I have looked outside and thought I have more snow than there actually is, unusually when I think I have 5cm there is 3cm.

Really as i said nearly 2 inches after the heavy shower. Has thawed since. Temp 0.2c Dew -1.1.

Posted

Really as i said nearly 2 inches after the heavy shower. Has thawed since. Temp 0.2c Dew -1.1.

Looking at the radar you have another big shower on the way. Blow one our way please mate.

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Quite abit colder here, -1.4c atm DP -2.7c. Have a very light dusting from these light snow flurries, the showers die out before reaching here and all we are left with are the remains.

Posted

I can verify! We had about 3cm's when I set off from work, depths seemed variable on the 5 mile journey home. I got home (Osgodby) and theres even more! 4cm's and light snow showers still blowing in.

Temp dropping away now at 1.0C with Dew Point of -2.2C. :)

Posted

just driving back from Sleaford and the snow was as heavy as I have seen for a long long time. Covered everywhere very quickly -

Posted

Another hefty shower here - everywhere white over again. Looks like the showers are dying out now north of the Wash

The new radar is great...I can pinpoint the house on full zoom, postcode now redundant!

Posted

I've been a bit too busy this evening to take a look outside. But when I popped my head out of the door a few moments ago, I was pleasantly surprised. There's a covering of around 1.5 cms. It doesn't sound a great deal, but it's much better than I was expecting.

Posted

Another dusting of snow this morning from a few snow showers yesterday evening.still a few bits left where the sun hasn't got to work on it.