Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 24

Posted

Do things still look good for most of us towards the end of the weekend, or has this all but vanished now? Getting snow withdrawal symptoms. mega_shok.gif

If it was anymore marg(e)inal it could compete with I Can't Believe it's not Butter!!!

Snizzling here still : ho hum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Now I see why I shouldn't trust the meto forecast...

Headline:

Snow in the east clearing then a severe frost.

This Evening and Tonight:

The east will see some snowfalls this evening and at first tonight, especially across Eastern Lothian and Eastern Borders where some heavy snow expected. This is nailed on. Dry later. West Lothian, Dumfries and Galloway mostly dry with clear periods. Severe frost. Minimum temperature -8 °C.

Posted

This Evening and Tonight:

The east will see some snowfalls this evening and at first tonight, especially across Eastern Lothian and Eastern Borders where some heavy snow expected. This is nailed on. Dry later. West Lothian, Dumfries and Galloway mostly dry with clear periods. Severe frost. Minimum temperature -8 °C.

Nailded..

Lol. Just suggested to mods that we ask TS if it is ok to post stills. It was apparently not them (TS) that complained, but another region (Fluffybottomshire maybe?). TS do say you can ask to use their feeds.

Another region as in from NW or from some traffic organisation? :D

Posted

Nailded..

Lol.

Whoo hoo. Snowing lightly. Got a 10 Å covering yahoo.gif

Oh well, can't complain; at least its white and falling from the sky.

Another region as in from NW or from some traffic organisation? huh.gif

Didn't say. My Guess is Traffic Little Fluffybottomshire. Canny see Traffic Wales or Traffic NI being so petty, but who knows.

Didn't say. My Guess is Traffic Little Fluffybottomshire. Canny see Traffic Wales or Traffic NI being so petty, but who knows.

We could always use artists' impressions of the road cam pictures although we may need to find a better artist than me:

post-2844-12666147542617_thumb.jpg

Posted

We could always use artists' impressions of the road cam pictures although we may need to find a better artist than me:

Lol. Very abstract. Maybe with some modernist influences....

I'll just keep popping up there with my mobile. We can phone friends and get them to do the same for Slochd, Huntly etc...whistling.gif

Edit: while focussing on complaining about no snow, I go to fetch a beer and find we've got 1 cm and it's white out.yahoo.gifdrinks.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Being a model amateur that I am, what are the latest charts like? smile.gif

Wonder if the Fife Snowshield is being naughty again.... whistling.gif

We're all amateurs here apart from Lomond Snow Storm; I'm sure he'll give us an update on the models at some point soon. We all look forward to his posts, attempting our own sometimes.

You could go into the model thread and say 'winter is over. Mild is nailed nailded. SWrly's from next week as the atlantic returns'. That will get people to pay attention to you.

In fact, no, don't do thatbiggrin.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

I have reserved a space for you at the Tate Modern., :D:rofl::D

Just had what can only be describe as the lightest snow shower ever!!!!! Amazed the flakes made it this far west! :whistling:

Posted

We're all amateurs here apart from Lomond Snow Storm; I'm sure he'll give us an update on the models at some point soon. We all look forward to his posts, attempting our own sometimes.

You could go into the model thread and say 'winter is over. Mild is nailed nailded. SWrly's from next week as the atlantic returns'. That will get people to pay attention to you.

In fact, no, don't do that:D

:whistling: Think I would probably become Netweather's Clown.. :D

On that, I'll give a post in the model thread a miss :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Yes, clearly I'm employed by the oil industry to ramp snow events and rail against the idea of AGW to stop the loony left getting inlaugh.gif

Anyway, the 18Z is pretty awful from a snow perspective, with everything far too far south. This gives the worst case scenario for me of southern and central fluffybottomshire hogging all the PPN - and they can only make rain or sleet with it! http://charts.netwea...ctypeuktopo.png Seeing as how this is +57 it should be nailded on with a big stick but given the UKMO 12Z and the ensembles I suspect further moves north are not impossible. But that run is not so good - some TOORPing may be required in the morning, but clearly not on the main model thread as they'll still be jumping for joy at this southwards movement.

LS

edit: model thread is depressing me hugely now with KW even talking of 40-60cm of snow in the midlands while we're still progged to be mainly dry! My aunt lives in Birmingham and both of us would be unhappy with that situation! Anyway, this post cheered me up a bit - not sure if it's meant to be funny (surely it is!) or not -

UPGRADES,will follow.........///// This is NORMALLY the every part of uk below NORTH winter HAVEN, SEVERE SNOW ACCUMILATIONS happen. i THINK some ARE IN A TIME WARP this can GO on for another 4 weeks YET, WITH A an big ADJUSTMENT to follow after ??....mild WARMER WEATHER AT THE END............???????????...

This has been a CORKING COLD winter, AND the COLD really STUCK AROUND,never far away.

SNOW SNOW SNOW, TEMPS TEMPS TEMPS, STILL, will be below the NORM. However WHATS the NORM......????????????????......

SNOWMAN GONNA SHINE FROM SUNDAY.......................

THIS WINTER GOING OUT IN STYLE...........???

ANYONE that wants a BAKING HOT SUMMER................. JETSTREAM needs to be ALOT HIGHER DURING march 25TH TO CONTINUE FLOW. MANY COMMENTS WILL FOLLOW THIS POST...

From what i know jetstream NEEDS to be AROUND N/W AND CRAVING N/E.

THEN we will have touch DOWN even SCOTLAND WILL GET A TAN lol lol lol lol lol lol.......

But for NOW its COLD COLD COLD.TILL MARCH 25TH 2010.....TRUST. SNOW SNOW SNOW....

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Yes, clearly I'm employed by the oil industry to ramp snow events and rail against the idea of AGW to stop the loony left getting inlaugh.gif

Anyway, the 18Z is pretty awful from a snow perspective, with everything far too far south. This gives the worst case scenario for me of southern and central fluffybottomshire hogging all the PPN - and they can only make rain or sleet with it! http://charts.netwea...ctypeuktopo.png Seeing as how this is +57 it should be nailded on with a big stick but given the UKMO 12Z and the ensembles I suspect further moves north are not impossible. But that run is not so good - some TOORPing may be required in the morning, but clearly not on the main model thread as they'll still be jumping for joy at this southwards movement.

LS

No, that's me. I do actually work (as a consultant to) for the oil industry and the couple of times I've posted something which might raise questions on the GW issue, I'm surprised I haven't been called on it by the GW camp.

I've been just watched the fax charts recently. It's such a mess; they change on every update massively. Who knows what the next few days will bring.

Posted

UPGRADES,will follow.........///// This is NORMALLY the every part of uk below NORTH winter HAVEN, SEVERE SNOW ACCUMILATIONS happen. i THINK some ARE IN A TIME WARP this can GO on for another 4 weeks YET, WITH A an big ADJUSTMENT to follow after ??....mild WARMER WEATHER AT THE END............???????????...

This has been a CORKING COLD winter, AND the COLD really STUCK AROUND,never far away.

SNOW SNOW SNOW, TEMPS TEMPS TEMPS, STILL, will be below the NORM. However WHATS the NORM......????????????????......

ANYONE that wants a BAKING HOT SUMMER................. JETSTREAM needs to be ALOT HIGHER DURING march 25TH TO CONTINUE FLOW. MANY COMMENTS WILL FOLLOW THIS POST...

THEN we will have touch DOWN even SCOTLAND WILL GET A TAN lol lol lol lol lol lol.......

But for NOW its COLD COLD COLD.TILL MARCH 25TH 2010.....TRUST. SNOW SNOW SNOW....

I want what he\she had!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Easter Ross got a few minutes of light white fluffy bottom stuffing earlier and that may well be the end of winter oh my god... Possibly not though, temp's not forecast to go above 3C even for this banana belt for the next week. Some more of god's dandruff would be good though...

Posted

I want what he\she had!!!!!!

Wow.

Give me some too!

He/She's been taking Nigerian e-mail lessons; the use of caps is very well developed, as is the poor syntax.

Maybe went to the conference (http://j-walk.com/other/conf/index.htm).

Posted

Wasn't that crazy snow fan person was it - he has a problem with capitals & !!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, the front page of our local evening rag was funny today - picture of 2 cops pushing a car backwards through maybe an inch of snow. One word headline - 'CHAOS'

Underneath is written:

'Blizzards spark misery on the roads'

'Snowstorm forces schools to shut'

'North-east is coldest place in Britain'

I feel the Aberdeen Evening Express writers went to learn journalism in Little Fluffybottom-on-the-Wold...

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Thought I would be lynched if I posted this on the model thread.

Ensembles still going for the stronger and more northerly LP option however I don't think they have a good handle on the complex low solution at all but its a very fluid set-up and there is still every chance that it ends up being a Scotland event, indeed some ensembles take it so far north and west no where gets snow in the end!

Differences between the ensembles is just unreal!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Posted

He He...... Loved baiting them a few years ago but got bored. whistling.gif

-1 here and has been pretty much since 5pm.

If you want a laugh, see here:

http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm

For the weather, we have a 1-1.5 cm covering here. Another heavy shower might just pass over soon.biggrin.gif

Posted

evil.gif