Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 24

Posted

I'm really hoping that lump of snow manages to make it down to Edinburgh this evening/overnight....

NAE has it brushing past us. Having said that the MetO Invent output looks a bit better.

We'll see.

Posted

Radar shows some good showers pushing into the Dundee region right now so looks like snow showers should be expected in that region very shortly. As for Edinburgh, looks like its going to be quite a close call though they may well shave the western edge.

Posted

If that area of snow is going to brush edinburgh, I take it I don't stand a chance here in dunfermline! Bummer! Can only hope I guess. :blush:

EDIT: Just had a look to the NE... Lots and lots and lots of cloud approaching. Totally contrasting picture to looking south towards edinburgh!

Edited by Mr Stewie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloud is thickening here at present and precipitation looks to be not far away to the NE. Hopefully we will see something in the next hour or two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloud is thickening here at present and precipitation looks to be not far away to the NE. Hopefully we will see something in the next hour or two.

Edit Started snowing now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Edit Started snowing now.

Hope those showers have enough oomph to them or they wont make it past the Fife snowshield!

Oh well, time for another eyes down! Wonder what this run will bring? Total reverse again anyone? :closedeyes:

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Looking at the latest radar, I'm going to stick my neck out...

I reckon Edinburgh and the Lothians will get some snow out of this clump of showers to the NE. Probably won't be a lot, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a fair old covering out towards East Lothian and parts of the Borders. Edinburgh may catch a few showers but will tend to be on the periphery.

Posted
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)
  • Location: Carnoustie Angus Scotland. (week days) Dundee (weekends)

Hi guys, Just started here, quite big flakes too!!!

Posted

Think i going to have a party lol

A period of snow, occasionally heavy, will develop across much of East Lothian and the Eastern Borders through the evening period. Accumulations of 4 to 8cm will develop in some locations within a few hours.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1534 Fri 19 Feb

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/dg_forecast_warnings.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Not quite reached here yet but heavy skies towards Cupar where it was lightly snowing when I left.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Think i going to have a party lol

A period of snow, occasionally heavy, will develop across much of East Lothian and the Eastern Borders through the evening period. Accumulations of 4 to 8cm will develop in some locations within a few hours.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1534 Fri 19 Feb

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Just came back to my PC to find this: wahey, finally some reason to watch the radar!good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Woo! Started snowing here! Next week's precipitation charts are volatile at the moment due the undecided position of the low. We want it, in the short term, to be slightly further north and to end up further west than the GFS 12Z shows http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100219/12/75/h500slp.png

Posted

Woo! Started snowing here! Next week's precipitation charts are volatile at the moment due the undecided position of the low. We want it, in the short term, to be slightly further north and to end up further west than the GFS 12Z shows http://charts.netwea.../75/h500slp.png

I hope it reraches here, then a quiet night at work lol

Posted

You really want a fusion between the 12z GFS and the UKMO, though obviously the 12z UKMO gives more of a chance to you guys even if you do flirt with marginality, esp in the south and eastern parts on the 12z UKMO.

Will be a very interesting few days comnig up though thats for sure, the 12z GFS ensembles will give a good indication as to what is going to happen I feel...

Posted

Incredibly annoying- snowing about 5 miles north and east of here and heavily but it refuses to move this way!!

edit: just started snowing properly here.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

Incredibly annoying- snowing about 5 miles north and east of here and heavily but it refuses to move this way!!

edit: just started snowing properly here.

Yeh we have some heavy snow now.yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

But WOW.........Just back from Aberdeen..........4" fell in about 2-3 hours over lunch today. Town turned to gridlock, which is annoying but the snow was very impresive!!!

Are we in for an evening of NE winds ???

Posted

Yeh we have some heavy snow now.yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

But WOW.........Just back from Aberdeen..........4" fell in about 2-3 hours over lunch today. Town turned to gridlock, which is annoying but the snow was very impresive!!!

Are we in for an evening of NE winds ???

Well yes, but remember the last time that happened - Lauder took all the snow! I suspect this will happen again sadly, though your location is likely to still beat mine in terms of snowfall, though it is lying on the road now.

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Nowt here yet?

Posted

Well yes, but remember the last time that happened - Lauder took all the snow! I suspect this will happen again sadly, though your location is likely to still beat mine in terms of snowfall, though it is lying on the road now.

LS

YEh still snowing a little. Is there a feature heading for us on Sunday? Beeb seems to be toying with this idea

Posted

We had a quick burst of snow here half an hour ago which whitened the ground but it has since turned to light rain here in Crail. 1c/0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

LS

And Lauder will welcome it. Although I don't mind sharing a bit.....biggrin.gif

T = 0.9 C, DP = -2.3 C. Conducive to snow methinks...

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

YEh still snowing a little. Is there a feature heading for us on Sunday? Beeb seems to be toying with this idea

Perhaps , too soon to call oddly enough! Heavier snow back on here after a brief lull - yay!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

LS

Hi LS,

Only just started clouding over here, within the last hour dry.gif

I'll no hold ma breath for any snaw though whistling.gif

Big Innes

Posted

Hi LS,

Only just started clouding over here, within the last hour dry.gif

I'll no hold ma breath for any snaw though whistling.gif

Big Innes

Good idea for west Fife I think, as the heaviest precipitation will not reach that far west sadly.