Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Settling here with no problem at all - getting on for an inch lying now although there was some left over from earlier in the week

Seems like you've been in just the right spot for the heavier stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Stopped here now. Looks like November, soaking wet everywhere, miserable misty grey skies and the roads and grass are sodden :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Radar has it still too far south for our areas, I wouldn't worry. DY5 is still in the yellow

Oh it should get here fine but the radar says we should have something by now yet nothing tbh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes looking at it, it should just about reach Cannock/Penkridge before moving East.

Thats what I like to hear Ian! :)

Posted

Good to hear quite a few reports of heavy snow guys...the chance sof settling snow right now are slim due to slightly rising temp/dew profiles, the main risk of the settling snow is going to occur once we get into the eveing hours and the wrap around feature starts to develop for C/E Midlands, once that happens we need to hope it doesn't decide to wind down too quickly!

Could be a very snowy period for you guys in the Midlands, though worth noting the UKMO is further south with the weekend systems the GFS has.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think later on I will have a drive up to Castle Ring, 800ft up should be adequate to see some lying snow if I don't.

Yes looking at it, it should just about reach Cannock/Penkridge before moving East.

Well if Ian says it will then it definitely will :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Oh i think were just about managing light sleet now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Pretty boring here in Kidderminster town centre (about 40-50m asl): just rain with a few blobs of sleet in it. It's pushing it even to call it sleet, actually. lazy.gif

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

get the sledge out then :lol:

:pardon:

It still sleeting. Should be an interesting afternoon. :lol:

Yay, proper snow now albeit light.

Posted

Just checked the latest temps here

http://www.trafficweather.info/roadWeather/rwisMap.jsp

Unusually, given PPN coming up from south, it's significantly colder at Fish Hill in Cotswolds, than here, so that's a good sign for shift towards accumulating snow i reckon (hope?)

Posted

I think over the morning the rising dew/temp profiles towards marginal have been tempered thanks to the strengthening precip which has allowed snow to stay, in some places it may actually go the wrong side of marginal in the next few hours but after that the real fun and games begin, between 6-9pm I'd expect widespread reports of settling snow in central parts of the Midlands to start coming in even to lower ground, the next 12hrs are going to be very busy I can see!

Posted

I think over the morning the rising dew/temp profiles towards marginal have been tempered thanks to the strengthening precip which has allowed snow to stay, in some places it may actually go the wrong side of marginal in the next few hours but after that the real fun and games begin, between 6-9pm I'd expect widespread reports of settling snow in central parts of the Midlands to start coming in even to lower ground, the next 12hrs are going to be very busy I can see!

We'll hold you to that I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Finally had the guts to look at the radar...permission to be slightly optimistic?

Pretty much on my doorstep now and it looks to be moving more NW than NE. Only worry is the temp and DP, which are 2.7c and 0.3c respectively.

Posted

And back to snow. This system has definately slowed down imo. Good as long as it sets in properly. :pardon:

Posted

Oh! Hold the phone... the iPhone weather app from that german company has just upgraded the amount of snow i'll get... Considering that they are usually VERY accurate, it says that this'll go on untill 1 or 2 am Friday! :pardon:

Posted

Nope the weather wants us to have rain or sleet again. Come on!

Posted

Welcome to trying to wet sleet Solihull.

Temp : 3ºc

DP : 0ºc

Humidity : 93%

Not sure where this is going but I'm in a slightly pessimistic mood at the moment. See what happens after dark if this front is still around by then. Otherwise it's an almost carbon copy of yesterday with sleet, then rain before clearing then becoming hazy.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Oh! Hold the phone... the iPhone weather app from that german company has just upgraded the amount of snow i'll get... Considering that they are usually VERY accurate, it says that this'll go on untill 1 or 2 am Friday! :pardon:

lol I like your phone, give it an extra feed of electrickery as a reward.