Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 10

Posted

Started snowing in Barrow (Nr BSE) early on this morning - Sounds like it's still snowing over that way. Had reports that just 10 mins down the road in Needham Market that it was raining.

Moderate to heavy snow in East Cambridge (Airport).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Snow again in Norwich, just a dusting so far, but still more than I expected- maybe a chance to get the sledge out if it keeps up?

Posted

very light snow here...... had sugar dusting, nothing more :D

Yes unfortunately for us the LP was further S than intially progged. Looking at the snow reports the snow is much further S than the NAE suggested. Amazing to think yesterday the models suggested some parts having heavy rain and temps of 7C, the reality has been heavy snow and temps of 0C. Still -1C here and it feels particularly cold today compared to other days.

More to come tomorrow before briefly turning milder but the chance of snow returns towards the end of the week.

Posted

Where the heck did this lot come from? An inch of snow here and it's stil coming down!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Yes unfortunately for us the LP was further S than intially progged. Looking at the snow reports the snow is much further S than the NAE suggested. Amazing to think yesterday the models suggested some parts having heavy rain and temps of 7C, the reality has been heavy snow and temps of 0C. Still -1C here and it feels particularly cold today compared to other days.

More to come tomorrow before briefly turning milder but the chance of snow returns towards the end of the week.

And yet again, it looks like we are just about to miss out!!

Like MrsF says, a sugar dusting which almost melted itself as it fell, heres hope to the rest of the week.

Posted

Hello TEITS, yes heard it is snowing in Epping, which is probably a good 7-8 miles further south than even here in East Herts/ West Essex. It was even reported that it was snowing in Braintree, which must be a good 20 miles east of here.

It is again snowing quite well here. Temps just above freezing, dew points just below, rising slightly. Assuming this may well just stay as snow now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes I agree with that outlook.

Posted

And yet again, it looks like we are just about to miss out!!

Like MrsF says, a sugar dusting which almost melted itself as it fell, heres hope to the rest of the week.

Ay???

Didnt you guys up there get hammered with snow yesterday? All we had here was rain.

Snow coming down thick and fast here... 1.5 inches so far........... At least it makes a Monday morning more bearable anyway

Posted

An inch of snow here - and still falling. I don't expect it to keep falling as snow for the rest of today, but it was a nice and unexpected surprise nevertheless.

Matt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Ay???

Didnt you guys up there get hammered with snow yesterday? All we had here was rain.

Snow coming down thick and fast here... 1.5 inches so far........... At least it makes a Monday morning more bearable anyway

Hi Archie, yeah we got some snow yesterday, not quite a hammering though, I guess by the time it stopped we had approx 2cm's.

When I say missing out again, I actually mean that with just a bit more luck? we could have been 'hammered' at least a dozen times this winter!

In saying that though, of course I appreciate that we have been much 'luckier' than some.

Posted

Still going, but it is very, very wet and sludgy. Lovely surprise, especially as my daughter has an inset day and so has been able to get out and enjoy it!

Posted

Because I haven't had any snow this year I was wondering if I could be allowed to measure the depth of water on my driveway as if it was snow? It has been snowing heavily here now for a couple of hours but when it lands it just tops up the increasing water reservoir that is my drive.

Posted

It was snowing at 7am and hasn't stopped since in Norwich - been getting a bit heavier every hour. Sticking to grass etc but roads just wet, maybe turning slushy as the snow persists.

Posted

Ay???

Yes overall we have done rather well this winter. Obviously at times we have been unlucky but I can't expect to hit the jackpot every time.

I was only saying to my mother yesterday that nearly a 1/3 of this winter has seen either lying snow or snow falling. I remember winters when I haven't even seen a snowflake!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Where the heck did this lot come from? An inch of snow here and it's stil coming down!

Yes must be annoying for all those schools that didnt get a chance to shut down whistling.gif

Posted

Fascinating checking the Met Office Invent Rainfall radar thingy http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Half an hour ago it was predicting that my neck of the woods would be under this snow/rain system until about 9pm tonight as it was heading in a ENE direction. But now it has decided to throw the whole thing directly East so with any luck we should be nice and dry in about 2 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

mod heavy snow in luton...about 7cm level snow now.

I know Luton Airport is a few hundred feet above sea level , is much of Luton the same

Any marginal event Luton usually gets a fair amount

Posted

Noting todays outcome, with snow even in Epping on southern extent, wondering if tomorrows event may also be slightly further south?

The NAE for today was similar with everything further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

An inch of snow here - and still falling. I don't expect it to keep falling as snow for the rest of today, but it was a nice and unexpected surprise nevertheless.

Matt.

Nice to know.....wherever it is that you are ;)

Posted

Noting todays outcome, with snow even in Epping on southern extent, wondering if tomorrows event may also be slightly further south?

The NAE for today was similar with everything further north.

I think the key thing tomorrow is the timing

Today may have a slight bearing on events in that less mild air has been mixed in, however tomorrow the precip hitting after dark will be key

Current modelling suggests places just to the north of the M4 could hit the jackpot, with the initial push of precipitation co-inciding with lower temps and dews courtesy of the sun going down!

SK