Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi Anita,i cant help you on this one but there is a sunday lows thread open and someone there may be able to answer your question,i read somewhere that it was going to hit the southeast at lunch time but i might be wrong.drinks.gif

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realiset there was a thread on the low :)

I'll check it out now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

wont talk about the sunday storm here as theres another thread for the storm.

but i must say we could see some sleet or wet snow falling tomorow later as cold air gets pulled in, most likely the chilterns and higher hills but you never know!

some heavy downpours around today maybe thundery or hail.

looking increasingly likely that we could be in for a cold spell at the end of next wk after a mild start

we may see some snow across the sedrunk.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I thought the idea behind the regional threads were to discuss local weather of any type for that area?

Sure they are called Cold Spell DIscussion but that's only because it's Winter.

I am sure the mods won't mind us talking about the wind here over the next 24 hours.

I love the power of the weather though respect it too.

I was 17 when the storm of 87 hit us and unlike most sensible people I actually got up in the early hours of the morning and went for a walk.

The sheer power of the wind was unbelievable and the damage scary.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Fork lightning and the customary crack of thunder here in Zone 2 aggressive.gifyahoo.gif

Cool! I didn't think that thunder was forecast for this storm!

Posted

Cool! I didn't think that thunder was forecast for this storm!

The storm has not reached us yet.

I thought the idea behind the regional threads were to discuss local weather of any type for that area?

Sure they are called Cold Spell DIscussion but that's only because it's Winter.

I am sure the mods won't mind us talking about the wind here over the next 24 hours.

I love the power of the weather though respect it too.

I was 17 when the storm of 87 hit us and unlike most sensible people I actually got up in the early hours of the morning and went for a walk.

The sheer power of the wind was unbelievable and the damage scary.

This thread is as you have stated, Regional Thread. All weather types can be relayed on this thread.

I also remember 1987 storm. The power went out and I listened to the radio which sent out emergency messages non stop.

Tomorrows storm may reach 70 mph gusts in the SE and don't be surprised of even stronger wind gusts :D The heavy rain is going to be havoc as well :)

Edited by yamkin

Posted

Heavy rain here and temp is 5C. Wind starting to pick up now (980mb). More Flood Watch areas have been issued http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx :help: :help:

Models are still showing much colder conditions later in the week with the potential of snow :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Very wet here, the usual lake has formed in the carpark out the front a little bigger then normal and the trees are showing the effects of the increased wind but nothing like what I imagine they are experienceing in France.

Yes, signs looking good for another shot at lying snow. Certainly would be a record if we get a few inches, don't think I can remember a time that Croydon area has had 3 lots of lying snow since I have lived here anyway (15 years).

Posted

The Model Discussion Thread is starting the Doom & Gloom mood again all because GFS 06Z is going pear shaped :clap:

Posted

Thames Barrier has been activated due to a possible surge once the low pressure heads into the North Sea. Best be safe than sorry is my motto.

Guest archiesmummy

is anybody out there?!!!!

Lovely sunny day here today, not missing the rain at all, so terrible what has happened in Europe...

I hear there could be an easterly approaching, so come on one last ramp at all??

anyone???????.......................

Posted

is anybody out there?!!!!

Lovely sunny day here today, not missing the rain at all, so terrible what has happened in Europe...

I hear there could be an easterly approaching, so come on one last ramp at all??

anyone???????.......................

I am here lol,i think that what there saying over on the mod thread is that the chances of an Easterly has near enough gone now,so maybe thats why there is nobody around today,its a lovely day here in Brighton ,clear blue skys and lovely in the sunshine.drinks.gif

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

I am here lol,i think that what there saying over on the mod thread is that the chances of an Easterly has near enough gone now,so maybe thats why there is nobody around today,its a lovely day here in Brighton ,clear blue skys and lovely in the sunshine.drinks.gif

It is so nice to see a blue sky, light winds and sunshine, plus we were very lucky to miss the worst of that storm yesterday and I am very glad that the computer models stuck to their guns on its track as there was no room for any error at all.

Looks like we might see something of an easterly by next weekend and a few snow flakes at least which would be nice. Otherwise I just hope we can hold on to this more settled dry weather for as long as possiblesmile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

hi all! heres some charts to browse they are for the weekend.

the nearest i can find to a snow shower is friday night into saturdaydrinks.gif especially down eastern side

what a nice start to march the sunshine really has some warmth and with light breeze really feeling pleasant , but march can bring snow winter is going to keep biting back at times could be late snow for alot of us across uk. models are changing frequently as we know

post-11361-12674590408355_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590468755_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590523255_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590574555_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590685755_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590743355_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590809755_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590870455_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674590950155_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674591024955_thumb.gif

post-11361-12674591090755_thumb.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

ALL CHANGE! All models showing north easterly/easterly back on... Friday onwards as the 528 dam line covers us, things will turn wintry once again!

:whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

ALL CHANGE! All models showing north easterly/easterly back on... Friday onwards as the 528 dam line covers us, things will turn wintry once again!

whistling.gif

Hopefully more than the 2inches max I 've seen so far this winter (was in scotland mid december!) so missed the highest snowfall amount of the winter here& and down yours& my mums way medway!! Tell you what though mate you, can go from strood or chatham for instance to areas in Medway such as Lordswood, where my best mate lives and you can go from no snow or a tiny dusting to 8inches of unforecast snow in these more rural areas- its happened to me a few times over the years a lovely surprise, and lets hope these charts remain the same go ENE GO!!!!- thats also what the majority of the thames estuary folk that have been so snow starved this winter/dare i say early spring will be hoping for north and south of the river!

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

Where's Ramping Yamkin when we need himwhistling.gif

I'm involved with a tree planting task on Sunday, we have to dig a very BIG hole from solid clay, will we be clearing the snow away before digging, or should I saw trying to dig out frozen clay? I hope so, won't that be funyahoo.gif

Posted

Where's Ramping Yamkin when we need himwhistling.gif

I'm involved with a tree planting task on Sunday, we have to dig a very BIG hole from solid clay, will we be clearing the snow away before digging, or should I saw trying to dig out frozen clay? I hope so, won't that be funyahoo.gif

I don't buy GFS 12Z & 18Z :cold:

WMC 12Z is looking very promising from this Friday 72h :cold::whistling:

post-2721-12674859335855_thumb.png post-2721-12674859952155_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859469555_thumb.png post-2721-12674860064655_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859565455_thumb.png post-2721-12674860193455_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859749855_thumb.png post-2721-12674860908155_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859857555_thumb.png post-2721-12674860986555_thumb.png

WMC model projected the low pressure on Sunday correctly and I was surprised to be honest.

Posted

if you look at the fax charts http://www.metbrief.com/EGRR.html

they show an easterly starting on thursday which looks dry

on friday the winds look north westerly but still cold with wintery showers

look to the noth east where a low has developed

saturday shows an easterly again with showers nearby and the air out to

the east looks cold with the 510 dam line getting fairly close

friday night could be interesting if the low showing friday morning

heads towards the south east.

i have been following the fax charts and the seem to be fairly

consistant lately.be interesting to see where the 510 dam line

ends up tomorrow when sundays chart will be showing

i do not think the cold weather has given up yet

john

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I don't buy GFS 12Z & 18Z :wacko:

WMC 12Z is looking very promising from this Friday 72h :clap: :blink:

post-2721-12674859335855_thumb.png post-2721-12674859952155_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859469555_thumb.png post-2721-12674860064655_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859565455_thumb.png post-2721-12674860193455_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859749855_thumb.png post-2721-12674860908155_thumb.png

post-2721-12674859857555_thumb.png post-2721-12674860986555_thumb.png

WMC model projected the low pressure on Sunday correctly and I was surprised to be honest.

Well if your surprised, and your WMC's biggest fan.....then I give up!! :lol:

Guest FireStorm

Most likely scattered snow showers as the cold front pushes through the south east region Friday/Saturday and with the occluded front wrapping behind the low pressure, general snow showers would be to follow on. With the strength of the sun a few beefy snow showers would be good from convection bubbling up during the day (or given the easterly, Tamara visiting us all... North Sea snow convection)

Posted
cold.gifcold.gif snow shrs here we come!drinks.gif

post-11361-12675443399855_thumb.png

post-11361-12675443471755_thumb.png

post-11361-12675443537955_thumb.png

post-11361-12675443602055_thumb.png

post-11361-12675443663555_thumb.png

post-11361-12675443720155_thumb.png

post-11361-12675443786655_thumb.png