Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

theres band of ppn just formed to the west of our region from bournemouth to luton , this band has just got stronger and more organizeddrinks.gif could see some sleet/snow as it moves across alto rain more likely for most.

Falling as snow here as i type, was very suprised to see temp so low here today. Currently 2C at 3pm.

Posted

theres band of ppn just formed to the west of our region from bournemouth to luton , this band has just got stronger and more organizeddrinks.gif could see some sleet/snow as it moves across alto rain more likely for most.

Snow just started falling again here now after a break of 2-3 hours around lunchtime. Several hours of fairly light snow here earlier this morning but no settling. I was very suprised to see it tbh, I 'confidently' predicted rain only in this area just last night. Still wiping the egg off my face even now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

as just reported by last 2 posts the ppn band is snow(alto rain would fall in places) and we may see snow falling in areas not expecting it!drinks.gif temp are a bit lower here than i thought would be to ,they are going to fall this evening across most areas and that ppn is getting heavierdrunk.gif

xc weather check your local temp/dew points as that band heads in from /nw/westdrinks.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Formed nice and quickly that band, almost passed through now, some nice heavy stuff for a while, was just starting to turn thing's white before it eased.

Nice to see the temps so low today, quite surprised.

Edited by mesocyclone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Formed nice and quickly that band, almost passed through now, some nice heavy stuff for a while, was just starting to turn thing's white before it eased.

Nice to see the temps so low today, quite surprised.

started here now, been light , now heavy sleet turning more to wet snow soon i would thinkdrunk.gif

got to go can read posts ....enjoy the weather all!smile.gif

Edited by Coast

Posted

WMC 00Z 72h & 84h shows colder uppers over the SE :D

Cold uppers starts to flow in from the N/W from Wednesday.

post-2721-12668582148417_thumb.png

post-2721-12668582249317_thumb.png

Edited by yamkin

Posted

WMC 00Z 72h & 84h shows colder uppers over the SE :)

Surely Yamkin if that chart verified with possible minus 12 uppers over the majority of Englang Wales and N. Ire. that would mean with the ppn. could be a nationwide snow event. My location Poole on the south coast havent seen more than 1cm this year and last, so hopefully could be one last chance for all those snowless zones. Like to hear your thoughts cheers. From all those snow starved southerners down here lol.

Posted

Surely Yamkin if that chart verified with possible minus 12 uppers over the majority of Englang Wales and N. Ire. that would mean with the ppn. could be a nationwide snow event. My location Poole on the south coast havent seen more than 1cm this year and last, so hopefully could be one last chance for all those snowless zones. Like to hear your thoughts cheers. From all those snow starved southerners down here lol.

That Model is a complete waste of time, best stick to UKMO, ECM for us. Cannot see much way of

anything but rain for rest of week......528 dam way north, uppers too warm and to be honest just

wet and horid.

Regards

Posted

The WMC model is the "World Meteorological Centre Moscow"

usually the only part of the 'world' their charts may be useful for is Moscow..

as the have a generally useless accuracy rate for UK / France etc

That is apart from when yamkin is trying to keep our spirits up.... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

WMC 00Z 72h & 84h shows colder uppers over the SE cold.gif

lol - no chance mate - rain all the way- horrible damp week not even that cold just proper rank - roll on spring please! not far now only just over 4 weeks until the clocks roll on...BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Posted

Whatever will be will be,but i have to say that when Yamkin posts things like this it makes me smile and maybe just maybe have a bit more hope for some wintry stuff as all we have seen is rain for the past 2 days non stop,so keep posting Yamkin as you have made me spring back to life and keep interested good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Sleet now turned to wet snow :D

I am convinced you have your own micro climate Yamkin, I drove home at 17:00 from Thornton Heath to South Norwood and saw nothing but rain :D

I shall wait with baited breath to see what Wednesday brings :D

Posted

Is it possible for -12 uppers by the end of this week? Yes. I'm only showing what WMC is forecasting. Let's see what materialises.

That Model is a complete waste of time, best stick to UKMO, ECM for us. Cannot see much way of

anything but rain for rest of week......528 dam way north, uppers too warm and to be honest just

wet and horid.

Regards

WMC model has greatly improved lately. They have managed to iron out the gremlins :)UKMO & ECM have both been up and down like a yo yo at times. I too can see rain this week, but the WMC model has been consistent after a few runs with colder uppers later this week. Let's see what materialises.

lol - no chance mate - rain all the way- horrible damp week not even that cold just proper rank - roll on spring please! not far now only just over 4 weeks until the clocks roll on...BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Don't speak too soon, even the ECM 12Z is going for a colder outlook :)

I am convinced you have your own micro climate Yamkin, I drove home at 17:00 from Thornton Heath to South Norwood and saw nothing but rain :(

I shall wait with baited breath to see what Wednesday brings :)

Rain here to start with then sleet then wet snow for a time as the back end of the ppn followed through.

Posted

Snowed all morning in Braintree while i was working. It was a nice suprise as when i left Colchester at 9am it was raining and turned to snow as i got nearer Braintree.

Settled on most surfaces, even the roads were rather slushy! Much better than the rain we have had over the last few days, i did'nt get half as wet today as i did on some days last week! Seems that will be the last of it down here now though.

Matt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

sunday looks wet according to netweather diablo.gif

Edited by 0ryan0

Posted

sunday looks wet according to netweather diablo.gif

Everyday this week looks wet for us here in Brighton loldrinks.gif

Posted

Here we go, the WMC 12Z and it is still going for colder uppers by the end of this week :cc_confused:

post-2721-12668743789117_thumb.png

post-2721-12668743939817_thumb.png

post-2721-12668744238317_thumb.png

post-2721-12668744413317_thumb.png

post-2721-12668744715917_thumb.png

Posted

Here we go, the WMC 12Z and it is still going for colder uppers by the end of this week cold.gif

post-2721-12668743789117_thumb.png

post-2721-12668743939817_thumb.png

post-2721-12668744238317_thumb.png

post-2721-12668744413317_thumb.png

post-2721-12668744715917_thumb.png

Thanks for the charts Yamkin,i can go to bed with a smile on my face ha ha ,fingers crossed as am very fed up with wet and dull weather now.It would be a dream if this came offdrinks.gif

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Thanks for the charts Yamkin,i can go to bed with a smile on my face ha ha ,fingers crossed as am very fed up with wet and dull weather now.It would be a dream if this came offdrinks.gif

Don't pin your hopes on the WMC Moscow model - NOAA have finally discounted the Mongolian triple sulka (retrograde mountain torque). Artistic impression and a slip on the ice to blame.

Hopes therefore translated as 'nyet' - in estuary english that means it aint going to happenacute.gif

And there was me thinking it wouldwhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Don't pin your hopes on the WMC Moscow model - NOAA have finally discounted the Mongolian triple sulka (retrograde mountain torque). Artistic impression and a slip on the ice to blame.

Hopes therefore translated as 'nyet' - in estuary english that means it aint going to happenacute.gif

And there was me thinking it wouldwhistling.gif

:good::D:):):D:(:)

Posted

Significant swelling of the Rivers Ouse and Cuckmere especially around Drusillas this morning where another day of rain will see it breach onto the main A27.

code_warning.gif

www.environment-agency.gov.uk