Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

some very heavy echoes on the radar down your way mate

That's just the tears welling up, as I think of how deep this would be if it was snow..... :unknw:

Posted

That's just the tears welling up, as I think of how deep this would be if it was snow..... cray.gif

yeah, know what you mean. meantime Hastings taking a pasting ...eww... i'm a poet and din't know it :unknw:

Guest archiesmummy

grrrr not far from Epping or N weald really but got very heavy rain here, just goes to show how localised snow can be....certainly glad others enjoying it tho, Those parts of Essex dont often get the good snow! (like here!)

Posted

Started as rain here.

Now heavy wet snow!!!! Probably won't last but for those NE of here or on higher ground all is not lost!

Posted

woke up at 6am and it was raining at a temp of 2.8C now at 8:45 temp has dropped to - 0.4C and its snowing heavily. Nice big fluffy flakes. Didn't expect this at all, however long it lasts. Not quite sure why temps have dropped off so much because precipitation hasn't been heavy. Any suggestions?

Posted

Heavy snow in Ware, Hertford. Settling on roads now. Pavements and cars well covered now. Did not think it would settle as was heavy rain early this morning!

YAWN (from Medway/Mudway perspective).....Rain here and likely to stay rain - the worst type of weather for me, cold rain and breezy YUCK and trying to get rid of a cold virus which has lastest for weeks....Ggrrr :unknw:

Edited by snowfish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

rain, rain and more rain. this is the most frustrating cold snap ever

This is the third time in a week I have driven in heavy snow (North Oxfordshire) settling everywhere and arrived at work (Reading) and it just light rain

Its like coming down form the moutains

Such a strong boundry

we have always had snow up north type of stuff but this must be frustrating for those so near but so far

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Hi all,

I am also in Epping and can confirm that it's still coming down albeit not quite as heavily as 15 mins ago.

Didn't expect this at all!!

morning M10 and welcome to netweather :unknw:

just looking at the cameras and there is quite a covering in some areas :(

Posted

This is the third time in a week I have driven in heavy snow (North Oxfordshire) and arrive at work (Reading) and it just light rain

Its like coming down form the moutains

Such a strong boundry

we have always had snow up north type of stuff but this must be frustrating for those so near but so far

Stewfox ....I'm about 7 miles south of Reading and the rain suddenly turned to snow here about 20 mins ago. Temp has dropped from 2.8c to 1.4c at the same time. Also reports coming in of snow in other parts of North hampshire now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Really hot or really cold

Started as heavy rain here in Braintree now got at covering of snow suprisingly after all the rain, roads awful

Posted

Stewfox ....I'm about 7 miles south of Reading and the rain suddenly turned to snow here about 20 mins ago. Temp has dropped from 2.8c to 1.4c at the same time. Also reports coming in of snow in other parts of North hampshire now.

Yes wet snow in Reading now. Didcot had heavy snow at 8am

But some of the road at 300ft in North Oxfordshire we getting hard to pass this morning

Big contrast

Posted

Been rain, rain and more rain here for the last few days. Had a giggle when I saw the rain and remembered some members on here would not have to do any hat eating! At least thats one positive to this mush.

Posted

Very heavy rain here,to go with yesterdays,at least a couple of feet of snow if it had fallen instead:wallbash:

Winters well and truly finished here,enjoy the snow further up folks:drinks:

Posted

Yes wet snow in Reading now. Didcot had heavy snow at 8am

But some of the road at 300ft in North Oxfordshire we getting hard to pass this morning

Big contrast

Best I jump in the car and head north.

I'll keep a lookout for the Reindeer!

My kids are still on half-term break (inset day) any ideas for a tobogganing hill?

... wet snow stopped now and we're back to drizzle/light rain

Edited by Kiwi

Posted

Am finding this rain very depressing,it has not stopped since yesterday,if only it had fallen as snowcray.gif .Hope you guys that are getting snow have fundrinks.gif

Posted

Am finding this rain very depressing,it has not stopped since yesterday,if only it had fallen as snowcray.gif .Hope you guys that are getting snow have fundrinks.gif

It must be frustrating for you lot on the south coast, with all this snow to the North of you.

At least you have the best car parking restrictions in Brighton I have ever seen rolleyes.gif

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Best I jump in the car and head north.

I'll keep a lookout for the Reindeer!

My kids are still on half-term break (inset day) any ideas for a tobogganing hill?

... wet snow stopped now and we're back to drizzle/light rain

Why not

Drive 30 miles north get some elevation, North downs for you or Chilterns, there has been so much snow and max temps only 3c that wont melt much

ps Discalimer, if you find no snow not my fault whistling.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Way too much rain , the fields and some roads are flooded !