Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Good a covering on all surfaces now which bodes well. fine icy flakes shows the tempreature contrasts the cold air has undercut.

Posted

Wish i went to bed earlier now! lol.

sorry Jay considering it was overnight it could have so been the other way and there's snow just up the road with joo in caerphilly as well as me

Posted

wel seeing as i am about a mile from Andy had nothing here so disappointed

really that's amazing - you got rain or sleet at least - you must have snow surely - it's belting it down with snow here

BLIZZARD - strong winds - mega heavy snow

Posted

After this band passes through as im sure the heavy stuff has passed here are showers likely?.

really that's amazing - you got rain or sleet at least - you must have snow surely - it's belting it down with snow here

BLIZZARD - strong winds - mega heavy snow

Hahah oh here he goes :) with his blizzards :)

Posted

After this band passes through as im sure the heavy stuff has passed here are showers likely?.

there seems to be a few showers behind the main front yes adam

Hahah oh here he goes tongue.gif with his blizzards tease.gif

get in your car and come and watch my lampost in the front garden get a pasting

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Have to admit the band looks quite decent in places, 10cms looks very possible for example in the area close to the Brecon Beacons and places west of there, radar shows some heavy bursts in there so could be some good settling snow there...

That line also marks the likely boundary at the moment between the snow and the sleet/rain, anywhere south of that will need heavy bursts to get any snow to settle. Further north and precip isn't quite as strong but moderate totals are still quite evident and thus probably 4-7cms IMO seems a good end point apart from the very north in places like Bangor, where accumulations probably won't be that high as the precip is a little light up there still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Maybe the heavy ppn will make it snow.

Yeah the heavy ppn will help drop the temperature and should help change the precipitation to snow, unless your on the immediate coast

Posted

heavy snow with flakes the size of 50ps

nah just went out the front door sleet / rain mix heacy but stil no sign of any decent snow

come up to black road if you dare - the graig will be impassable now i expect - roads will be trecherous in pencoedcae and around here

you should see this snow - it's amazing - anyone who wants a trip out tomorrow and wants to see loads of snow - your welcome to come up black rd above ponty on the top road above ponty train station

I could be forgiven for thinking i've moved to the alps

Posted

Snow is still wet stuff here. It doesn't want to stick to the bricks on my drive, but likes the patio slabs round the back.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Looking very snowy allong the A465- Thats a well elevated area though.

Will go up the hills again tomorrow see how much is up there.

Posted

Take some pics mate lol.

Night all, can't be bothered starring at a lampost at rain lol. Enjoy the snow.drinks.gif

private message me with your mobile and i'll send you the pics - i ain't got my lead to upload them to my computer

Posted

started as wet snow then sleet and drizzle but it is turning to heavy drier snow here now (settled on cars and grass)

Keep the faith jay, this was always gonna start as rain/wet snow/sleet as the cold air is wrapping around the low. This will mean that as the front passes through the more likely it is you get the snow

cheers

DD

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

coming down very heavy here in Bargoed - we have 2 inches at the moment and looks great!

JK

Posted

bloody weather cant make its mind up started to rain then sleet then a tiny bit of snow now not doing any of the three trying to keep us guessing lol

Posted

Any pics you guys? Glad to see most of you are getting snow.