Hot?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I never trust Metcheck, they always tell me that I am going to have a mud free, scorching Glastonbury. rolleyes.gif

Ah, but do they also do a line in BBQ Summers? ;-)

Posted

I never trust Metcheck, they always tell me that I am going to have a mud free, scorching Glastonbury. rolleyes.gif

I use metcheck quite alot if you ever go on the metcheck reports im the one called tom from bristol, i do go on there alot but i dont trust there forecasts as much as i used to, they never seem to match the gfs from netweather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

I always compare the two but they never tally up with any forecast at all. What is your take on next week? cc_confused.gif

Posted

I don't trust any of you! I just look out of my window and decide what to wear and if I need a brolly. blum.gifbiggrin.gif

I will look out for you tom from bristol.

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted

I don't trust any of you! I just look out of my window and decide what to wear and if I need a brolly. blum.gifbiggrin.gif

I will look out for you tom from bristol.

Thanks i will probs do one tomorrow cause im off soon.

Posted

You are joking yeah? Gale force winds!!! Yikes! That will be a nightmare as my shed roof has gone rotten and is hanging off and I haven't plucked up the courage to go out there and fix it, too cold! The rain has more than likely written off my lawnmower as it is.

Bored with snow now, it didn't turn up when I wanted it so it can sod off. biggrin.gif

I edit every post I write, I really should read back before hitting post.

It might have gone rotten now, but by the weekend it might just be plain gone! :D

I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's going to get windy before the weekend. :D

So we've got to wait for "Daisy's Snow Zoo 2010/2011" then??? :lol:

Edited by Schmac

Posted

It might have gone rotten now, but by the weekend it might just be plain gone! wacko.gif

I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's going to get windy before the weekend. unknw.gif

So we've got to wait for "Daisy's Snow Zoo 2010/2011" then??? laugh.gif

Fraid so. I was going to make squillions of quid as well with entry fees, a restaurant serving only ice cream, a gift shop full of ice sculptures of my animals... I was going to ask Ian to do the official opening... All of my plans, ruined! :D

cray.gif

Posted

It might have gone rotten now, but by the weekend it might just be plain gone! wacko.gif

I'm sure I heard somewhere that it's going to get windy before the weekend. unknw.gif

So we've got to wait for "Daisy's Snow Zoo 2010/2011" then??? laugh.gif

Hi i think it was you that said you lived near lansdown if you do my house faces towards there and saw snow up there from last thursday's event.

Posted

haha i dont think this winter will bow out without a big bang :wallbash: however im hoping that when i go to Brittany @ the end of march it is warm and sunny! not like last week standing in the river frome in snow and rain freezing and now I have a cold from that :D

Also in Bristol there a new aquarium has opened its really good me and a few uni mates went there would recommend for any1 who loves fish as much as I do! So if you live near/in Bristol go have a peak !

Posted

Fraid so. I was going to make squillions of quid as well with entry fees, a restaurant serving only ice cream, a gift shop full of ice sculptures of my animals... I was going to ask Ian to do the official opening... All of my plans, ruined! ;)

cray.gif

Oh well, once we've got this BBQ Summer ( :wallbash: ) out the way, winter will be fast approaching, so you'll have to resurrect the plans again!!

You'll have to get a new shed too, otherwise where will you be serving the ice cream from??

Hi i think it was you that said you lived near lansdown if you do my house faces towards there and saw snow up there from last thursday's event.

Yep, had a fair few snow showers up there today too...

Nothing settled though... :D

Posted

http://www.ecmwf.int/samples/d/banner/page.html

i reckon the weekend storm prospects will be keeping you busy over the next couple of days ian - looking quite dangerous with strong ens agreement to take the feature further west.

Posted

Oh well, once we've got this BBQ Summer ( rolleyes.gif ) out the way, winter will be fast approaching, so you'll have to resurrect the plans again!!

You'll have to get a new shed too, otherwise where will you be serving the ice cream from??

Yep, had a fair few snow showers up there today too...

Nothing settled though... nonono.gif

Evening schmac, you got more snow yahoo.gif just rain today for me.wallbash.gif

Is that it or do you think there is more on the waycc_confused.gif

Posted

Daisy

With 'snow zoo' not really working out AND with all the rain this week, did think we could start up some girl mud wrestling competitions here in Somerset. Free entry, cider, couple of shrimps on the barbie?

Second thoughts - everyone so depressed about lack of snow on this site that they wouldn't bother to come and watch !!! yahoo.gif

(the above is totally and completely unweather related, to which I deeply apologise to the mods, but there are only so many ways to say it rained all day!! Which it did in West Somerset!)

Posted

Fraid so. I was going to make squillions of quid as well with entry fees, a restaurant serving only ice cream, a gift shop full of ice sculptures of my animals... I was going to ask Ian to do the official opening... All of my plans, ruined! sad.gif

cray.gif

Evening DD how was your day?cc_confused.gif

drinks.gif

Daisy

With 'snow zoo' not really working out AND with all the rain this week, did think we could start up some girl mud wrestling competitions here in Somerset. Free entry, cider, couple of shrimps on the barbie?

Second thoughts - everyone so depressed about lack of snow on this site that they wouldn't bother to come and watch !!!

(the above is totally and completely unweather related, to which I deeply apologise to the mods, but there are only so many ways to say it rained all day!! Which it did in West Somerset!)

We could still drink the cider drinks.gif No offencedrunk.gif

Posted

Evening schmac, you got more snow yahoo.gif just rain today for me.wallbash.gif

Is that it or do you think there is more on the waycc_confused.gif

No idea! :nonono:

There is talk of it getting colder again after the weekend, but how cold?...

Even if it does get cold again, it'll probably be dry, knowing the luck of the South West!!! :lol:

Might have to go and raid Scotland for some snow :lol:

Daisy

Second thoughts - everyone so depressed about lack of snow on this site that they wouldn't bother to come and watch !!! yahoo.gif

I've changed my mind...

Stuff the snow... Bring on the rain! :D:p :o

Edited by Schmac

Posted

Daisy

Sorry, did you say FREE ENTRY? *gulp* *Hey I'll get my kit off in mud for money.

*This is a joke! Well apart from that one Glastonbury... acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

We had about 2cm of snow laying on the ground when i left today but it was nearly all gone by 3pm and it is all gone now!

Nice to see it although brief tho. blush.gif

Posted

Oh well, once we've got this BBQ Summer ( rolleyes.gif ) out the way, winter will be fast approaching, so you'll have to resurrect the plans again!!

Ummm an igloo, obviously! :D

Posted

Ummm an igloo, obviously! :cray:

Ah, of course...

As long as you're not planning on selling ice-cream to the eskimo's :D