Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Had a couple of snow showers today with one being rather heavy leaving almost a dusting on the ground around 10 this morning.

Looks like just being cool wet and dreary from here on though. dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Interesting, looking at raintoday, it would seem that the Mersey formed that shower!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Spoke too soon - it's all gonna miss us in the main part of south wales - merthyr is gonna get it all and the Beacons

Looking at the traffic wales webcams it's looking like Merthyr has a covering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rain this afternoon but often with a sleety element.

Posted

Glorious sunshine. Doesn't feel bad now that the wind's finally died down. smile.gif

I was freezing when I woke up this morning.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

just starting to sleet here.

Posted

Mostly cold and wet here, the odd bit of sleet.

Posted

Somebody pinch me its April 1st, it's only 4C here now ohmy.gif, this is no unfunny April fools joke tease.gif

Easter has been like this many times before - winter is just overlapping spring! - just like summer overlaps autumn

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Temps are widely above 5c, so it wouldn't stay very long even if it did. I know evaporative cooling will come into play, but the ground temperatures may well be too warm.

Isnt that band of precip supposed to be about 100 miles further north?

er no they stayed below 5c here all day.. and the snow has barely melted on the high ground.. below 4c here btw.

Interesting to read that...This little weather feature into Wales seems to be considerably further south than forecast...Combine this with relativley low DP's through the Midlands (-1 to 0C) and fairly cold uppers (-6 to -4C) I wonder whether parts of the Midlands and central/eastern Wales might get a surprise snowfall out of this..... :lol:

yea im starting to think that too tomorrows maxes likely be 3-4c not 6c because the temp today in sunsihe got to 4.5c..

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well, after that spell of snow this morning, its been rain and sleet at times today, cold max just 6c.

Hills above 300m or so have had a covering since Tuesday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

er no they stayed below 5c here all day.. and the snow has barely melted on the high ground.. below 4c here btw.

yea im starting to think that too tomorrows maxes likely be 3-4c not 6c because the temp today in sunsihe got to 4.5c..

1) I was talking about around England

2) AJ posted that for today's event.

Posted

Amazing couple of days.

Stunning blizzard with power cut on Tuesday night, and woke to a further covering this morning. Large Hail storms as well for good measure.

Roll on Spring, I'm done.

Posted

Amazing couple of days.

Stunning blizzard with power cut on Tuesday night, and woke to a further covering this morning. Large Hail storms as well for good measure.

Roll on Spring, I'm done.

do you think the hills will get a top up tomorrow with 3c or 4c temps or so???

Posted

Ive uploaded all my snow pics of 2009/10 it took a while to resize them so hopefully you will like them

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62183-leeds-snowfall-of-winter-0910/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Well done 10123, a very good read - you had pretty much the same as this location for the main brunt of the cold spell other than a slightly more substantial thaw in your area over Christmas and without the 5 inch snowfall on the 26th/27th

Posted

Well done 10123, a very good read - you had pretty much the same as this location for the main brunt of the cold spell other than a slightly more substantial thaw in your area over Christmas and without the 5 inch snowfall on the 26th/27th

Thankssmile.gif

Yeah there was definitely more of a thaw here than in Scotland, mostly to do with the rain as it never got mild.

Dec: 25th 2.c

26th 5.c

27th 3.c

28th 2.c

29th 2.c

A combination of snow melt and night time temperatures always below -1.c produced some pretty tricky conditions.

Will repost link as its at the bottom of the last page

Leeds snowfall pics 09/10 http://forum.netweat...of-winter-0910/

Edited by 10123

The snow you get on the 26th/27th would have made all the difference here. I was looking through my photos for the winter period yesterday and depsite the frozen waterfalls, rivers and lakes it isn't really that impressive in terms of snow. This winter has made me realise how rubbish it is for snow where I live. OK, I got a good dump at the end of February but if one of the coldest winters for 100 years only sees a total of 24 inches of snowfall...then I need to move to a location that gets proper snow.

Edit: -5C overnight which is pretty cold at any time of year

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The snow you get on the 26th/27th would have made all the difference here. I was looking through my photos for the winter period yesterday and depsite the frozen waterfalls, rivers and lakes it isn't really that impressive in terms of snow. This winter has made me realise how rubbish it is for snow where I live. OK, I got a good dump at the end of February but if one of the coldest winters for 100 years only sees a total of 24 inches of snowfall...then I need to move to a location that gets proper snow.

Edit: -5C overnight which is pretty cold at any time of year

You probably had the same as me over the winter as a whole - February gave about 3cm here in total.

December was the snowiest month here - 7cm + 1cm + 1cm + 2cm + 3cm +12cm + 1cm (26th day) + 14cm (26th evening into 27th) + 2cm

which gives you 43cm (I think!) for that month, which is over 17 inches in about 13 days - the 25th saw a thaw of about 2 inches maybe while the other days saw thaws of roughly a cm per day on average - January was notable for it's lack of a thaw, beatiful sunny days in the most part and cm top ups on most evenings - the notable snowfalls from that month was the 6cm on the 2nd, the 4cm on the 6th/7th and the 9th which saw another 6cm. So roughly 8 inches in that month. In summary I'd saw we ended up with 26 inches, which is not that much more than your location, and certainly quite a total considering the lack of lasting snow in my lifetime.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

im off up to fort william tomorrow for 5 days, wonder how much snow i will encounter on my journey or will it all have melted. looking at the forecast for the area more snow can be expected saturday night into sunday, before mild wet weather moves in from the west monday with a risk of gales/severe gales... wonderful!!

would be great to have some snow falling on my stay up there, reason to get the log fire going in the cottage!