Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

Some nice convection to are west and a small cell has developed in SE Wales doubt it will produce much.

Posted

Damn you all with a thundery afternoon!! lol, only joking!. I'm enjoying the surprisingly warm sunshine here considering I thought it would be a dull day here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Plenty of distant thunder here now.

Seems to be getting closer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A couple of new cells to the west of all this muck were under right now. Disappointed about now but never mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Thunderstorm erupted, woohoo!! biggrin.gif Sat out here in the garden watching the Cb roll by, listening to the rolling thunder! Awesome!! yahoo.gif Am dieing to drive down the road to be nearer but am bit concerned I might still be over the limit cray.gif...it will do though biggrin.gif

Last night was decent enough, with the most AMAZING +CG I have EVER experienced...left the club at 1:30am, waiting in the pouring rain for a cab - two lads bowling down the road, then an almighty blinding flash...lads say "great night to be out innit"...I say "this is going to be loud"...about 8 seconds later, a single, immensely loud cannon shot thunder, then back to the noise of the rain again - absolutely awesome!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zLFRIiflSgU .... skip to 4:09 - this is IDENTICAL in every way to the thunder last night...volumes up to max!! Anyone in Medway (Kent) last night would have heard this!!

Am praying that something goes up behind this cell I'm watching at the moment biggrin.gif still moist enough by the feel of it...if the one I'm watching can do it, another should......shouldnt it?? biggrin.gif

Please tell me JL has had something thunder-wise........(this is the first time I've been on here since yesterday afternoon and there's been hundreds of posts...excuse the laziness!)

wacko.gif OMG!!! I would have had about 18 strokes and a coronary on top of that, never mind the brown stain!!!!! IMMENSE

started raining here lightly, as the Derby shower tries to develop, but just cant seem to make it..

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Dark as night here now!

Warwick Uni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Diddly squat here I'm afraid...A few spots of rain and thats my lot.....Ho hum, at least a few 'storm-starved' NW members are getting some action further south :)

Posted

I am pretty sure i just saw a funnel come down and then dissipate,

Got some pix, will try and upload em soon

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Had some big thundery drops earlier , very very humid more so than yesterday!. Some good clouds about currently

Posted

OK these are the clearest i could find. It was longer downwards, but my cam wasn't handy and took FOREVER to power on.

It acted like a funnel, But im not 100% convinced.

post-182-12758353772824_thumb.jpg

post-182-1275835385616_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

That's a bit of a beast north of Gloucester!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Keeping an eye on the ringed area as that will hit dead on my location if it carries on on its current corse.

post-3685-12758354299828_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Hey all, does anyone think that Bedford near milton keynes is likely to get hit today?

Posted

OK these are the clearest i could find. It was longer downwards, but my cam wasn't handy and took FOREVER to power on.

I think its just a little bit of skud. I had that a few days ago off a light shower, with fairly large clouds. Good spot there though.

Posted

I think its just a little bit of skud. I had that a few days ago off a light shower, with fairly large clouds. Good spot there though.

I did think that, it wasnt acting like a skud and was attached to the cloud base.

Anywho..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Hmm I would bet on thats a little funnel tbh, looks abit to smooth to be scud

Posted

I did think that, it wasnt acting like a skud and was attached to the cloud base.

Anywho..

You never know though mate, I could be wrong, but i swear the miss's the other day said whats that coming out the cloud, and they was like a shower that would give 0.3mm over 3 hours lol. It lasted about 2-3 mins and just vanished.

Posted

had a June TS for Cheltenham..though not a direct hit.....rain getting heavier as I type..

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Sky getting brighter to the west now. Still raining heavily.

Interesting little cell out over Shropshire way.

Posted

Could be some fun here in a bit and met office has just included Warwickshire in there warning :D