Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Thats it for here now. Never really got going tbh. Tuesday is our next chance but to me it doesnt look exciting at all.

Yup I can't see the fuss about Tuesday either tbh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yup I can't see the fuss about Tuesday either tbh

If anything happens on Tuesday ill be very surprised. No potential after that for some time by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Huge booms and dark clouds over head now , it's all kicking off over east kent :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Certainly is, theres cloud following on behind the initial storm heading your way soon. :)

YAY! Indeed - an concurring what Neilsouth is saying too - atmosphere is popping off now - towers goes up everywhere - can see the storm heading East towars Neil, cell trying to gather to my North, towers to my West, tower to my SSE which rocketed very quickly and already has a narrow and streaky anvil, towers to the SSW...really thought the cell earlier was it...perhaps more excitement to come - some of the Cu have got some slight spin too so some (although rather limited) shear up there too...

Been shooting the towers so will get them uploaded later - Happy days! :(

Posted

cells trying to pop up in west yorkshire, not expecting anything yet though :(

A few little showers pepping up around me too, cloud building to the west and sw of me also. Looking good.

Posted

It's just cloudy and dry here this afternoon,although it's good to read that some members have had a storm :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

There's a big Anvil and more towers shooting up to my East :( Still the odd rumble in the distance.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Be interesting to see if the forcing from the birmingham urban heat island has any effect on the storm, it's due west from us and has to go over the city centre of brum...?

Its not exactly hot today though so I doubt it will.

Basically a long line of heavy rain and storms now from SW of Birmingham to the Daventry area. This area will see locally large totals in the next few hours what with the westerly flow.

Also the trough running through Worcestershire to Gloucestershire having large totals in parts.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

A few little showers pepping up around me too, cloud building to the west and sw of me also. Looking good.

liking the convergence line sitting over my location! dont know if that will help much though

Posted

Towers REALLY getting going - already developing into nice Cbs - problem is, despite the sun being out and there being some blue sky, its still very hazy so difficult to pick out detail...I suspect the radar is going to look increasingly pretty soon across the SE :(

Posted

Big clouds have gone up here after about an hour of sunshine. Not sure of storm chances this far north tho. I'll wait and see i guess.

Posted

We have now heavy rain and thunder, not close but often....getting interesting..

Cloud movement has changed direction over the last couple of hours. It was moving from west to east but not we have a more northerly element to things :(

Posted

still some nice convection here with anvils around....maybe another storm later

Gloucestershire's revenge?. :(

Edited by dogs32

Posted

The day I come back on here after a long time I get a Thunderstorm! :(

Been going for about an hour now lots of rumbles, 8 sheet lightnings and have seen 4 CG.

Very happy!

Edited by Faye

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

It's just cloudy and dry here this afternoon,although it's good to read that some members have had a storm drinks.gif

Could be worse, you could be here rolleyes.gif Cloudy, no sun all day with rain on and off: convective and more on than off. Very sticky, currently 93% humidity and this has been steady for the last 4 hours.

Not pleasant and I don't think we will be rewarded with a storm.

Had high hopes for today....ho, hum.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Reasonable cell beginning to develop in the wake of the initial cell to my south, just to the west of Tonbridge and moving due east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

HAHAHA! I thought the same thing when i saw the flashes too! I had a vodka filled BBQ day and was inside with the curtains shut watchin telly by that point, when i saw the brightest flash through the bottom of my front room door, which leads to a hallway- so the lightning had to come through 2 doors (proper front door, down the hall way to the front room door) to see the flash that bright. I was like ay???? cc_confused.gif Then I heard the long rumbling deep bass thunder go on for ages, and was like roadrunner to the window, dropping everything in my lap and tearing through the front room like i was on fire to get my face pressed up against the glass. Weird thing to, was there was a chinese lantern way up in the sky that wasnt moving or drifting anywhere for like 15 minutes. It was dead eerie in the sky, being all on fire, with all the lightning.

Need the sun to break out now for some convective development. Its brightening up here and the rain has slowed down to a hard drizzle.

hahahahahahahahaha best post ever!!

Atleast you guys got one clap of thunder last night i got none, I just bout caught a really really distant flash really dull which sucked! ive still got hope for today but looks like nothings going to happen! sad.gif unfair!

Edited by Mesodiscussion

Posted

Birmingham heat island is taking effect!! have hope those east of Brum!! look!

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

Reasonable cell beginning to develop in the wake of the initial cell to my south, just to the west of Tonbridge and moving due east.

Can see both of these - the furthest south one looks very nice on the eye - nice vertical tower with anvil splaying out.

Cell nearer to me (your West one) is shooting up right across the Sun - it does look like a cell to my due West though not on radar yet.

Edited by Harry

Posted

Could be worse, you could be here rolleyes.gif Cloudy, no sun all day with rain on and off: convective and more on than off. Very sticky, currently 93% humidity and this has been steady for the last 4 hours.

Not pleasant and I don't think we will be rewarded with a storm.

Had high hopes for today....ho, hum.

Or even worse here furthur inland where its even more humid lol...glad people are getting storms though finally I feel its been a late start for all :(

Posted

Cell is firing up very quickly to my West/SW now...radar returns looking very nice :(