Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Showers along the trough are weakening in parts by the looks of it. Today is far from what i thought would happen.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Just had a very heavy shower here, which would of come from the red blob over somerset on the radar. No thunder yet today but showers have been coming over here all day with more very dark clouds approaching from the south west

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Showers along the trough are weakening in parts by the looks of it. Today is far from what i thought would happen.

Well thats the nature of showers you just cant really tell where they will occurr with much precision, they are localised and quite scattered today. Worcestershire does appear to be in a drier slot though!

Posted

I understand where the storms will be, whats odd is that all the models put where i was pretty much in the centre of it ( even ians forast on TV mentioned this )

I was just simply wondering if this is due to more north ( into where it was progged ) or was going to stay where it was and produce more storms for the east again.

In addition to a reply from Weather09 I think the entiore LOW pressure system is further South than forecast so therefore the weather types will be further South too! Even a difference of 20 miles is very significant in thundery set ups.

Well that shower I thought I heard thunder from pretty much died a death overhead. Having arrived with quite a downpour for 5 minutes, it suddenly petered out and I can't actually see where the shower went - no solid clouds or anything. Is this signs of the activity dying away already?

Pulse storms - Wikipedia has a good description.

Meanwhile, to the South of the action, it's a lovely, warm and increasingly sunny afternoon lol.

Posted

some storms heading my way now.

Lincolnshire/Humberside looking good once again. I thought they would be a small chance last night, but i didn't actually think it would materialize.

Posted

Lincolnshire/Humberside looking good once again.

Is that northern Lincs or Lincs in general?

Posted

Is that northern Lincs or Lincs in general?

Hi,

Lincs in general looks better (east lindsey) etc. Of course they are pushing NNW, so N Lincs and East Yorkshire may get something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Just saw the BBC weather forcast and hopefully the same set up tomorrow with just about anywhere able to get a few convective showers and storms. So fingers crossed for tomorrow. Lots of sferics towards Cambridge, and a juicy little nugget south of Leicester, but dont know if it is producing thunder. It is intensifying though, thats my best bet so far, though its a looooooooooooooooooooong shot.

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just had a light shower blow over - not a lot for the southern/southeastern counties to wet the cockles today (certainly on radar). It has been very muggy feeling all day today, and now the sun is back out feeling really quite warm.

I wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility that few more showers, potentially storms could fire in our locality given the moisture and heating available, but most of the CAPE does seem more suited to areas slightly further North so I am not that hopeful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Had a lot of rain overnight, and a few showers today. Has been getting increasingly muggu with quite a few bright breaks in the showers. Nothing thundery and marvelous though. And the showers further south seem to be growing weaker and weaker. Bit of a none event i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Apparently it did thunder in Swindon around 15.00 this afternoon but i didn't hear anything as i was at work :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Most active cells currently are around Norwich- quite a bit of lightning activity over there! Wonder if Thundery Wintry Showers will report back later on that cell over there. In terms of thunderstorm activity overall, it's pretty much concentrated where I thought it would be. Though I'll admit I was expecting storms to have broken out over south Midlands and south-west today.

Any views for tomorrow. I dont expect much again tbh.

Posted

Most active cells currently are around Norwich- quite a bit of lightning activity over there! Wonder if Thundery Wintry Showers will report back later on that cell over there. In terms of thunderstorm activity overall, it's pretty much concentrated where I thought it would be. Though I'll admit I was expecting storms to have broken out over south Midlands and south-west today.

Shame I'm back home in Kent, friends still in Norwich say it turned very black with torrential rain and very loud thunder. It has eased since.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

NW radar shows some very active cells across Norfolk at the moment - lucky so and so's :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Any views for tomorrow. I dont expect much again tbh.

Yeah I think the same, and looking further in advance I don't see much happening to us for a while now. SE may have some fun on Thursday but thats about it.

Bit of a downer really, the weather is fickle lol

Posted

Nice cell just passed through here in North Norwich. Frequent lightning, torrential rain and strong wind. Nice bit of structure too. Shame I'm stuck in the office though, would love to be out chasing! So damn fraustrating!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm, while i dont want to get my hopes up,

The 5min NW radar does show some promise still.

Seems to be picking up slightlyin SE wales heading this way.

Will have to keep drinking and hope for the best.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Nice cell just passed through here in North Norwich. Frequent lightning, torrential rain and strong wind. Nice bit of structure too. Shame I'm stuck in the office though, would love to be out chasing! So damn fraustrating!!!!

Hi mate, please put your location in your profile so we know where your reports are comming from :(

Posted

Lol this explains it all about our luck here.

post-6797-12760116700618_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yep indeed- popped outside when it became clear that the whole thing was coming over! I didn't expect it to intensify to the extent that it did though- some impressive cloud formations and plenty of thunder plus sheet lightning, though I only saw one flash of fork lightning (I caught that on camera but will have to check on my computer to see if it came out properly).

Posted

Lovely dark shower base on this webcam now:

Draycote shower

Posted

Was looking slightly interesting here for a while. There has been a heavy/very heavy shower cluster to my NW for about the last 2 hours (very slow movong and showing red on Netweather radar at times)

Recently it has been gradually been creeping closer and took on a almost gust front like appearance for a while with the lower level scud seeming to be moving from N-S or NW-SE while the rest of the clouds move more SW-NE and the wind direction here is more southerly. This is confirmed by a recent wind direction change at Exeter Airport from SSW - NW then to N.

This seemed to build the shower towards me despite the wind off the sea with more convection where these two met in a convergence line and quite turbulent scud forming and rising into the base. It seems to be dying out now though as it reaches me.

And now you have heard the story of... a shower! :(

Norwich has a thunderstorm again.. maybe it will have to be UEA for me in a couple years then!

Edited by StormMad26