Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Back good! Various convergence lines setting up, one long line from Cornwall to south Midlands, another north Pembs and just north of me to mid Wales. Had heavy showers here developing in situ along this line an hour ago, its edged slightly north now. Plenty of convection all around. Rather warm and humid too with sunny intervals helping. Should be lively in the midlands as those convergence showers edge north and NW through this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

No lightning reported just thunder.

There must of been lightning to create the thunder..

Checking a few other sites, Some show the odd 1 or 2 sferic round that area. So its highly possible.

Appears to be some bright echos from that way.

is there any chances for southyorkshire to catch a few?

Well the main rainband has almost cleared here now. Hopefully we could catch some showers later this afternoon moving up from the south. Fingers crossed, wait and see time I guess  :whistling:

Posted

Looking good for the Bristol area. Some warm sunshine in the last hour and those cells probably arriving around 2/3 pm (a good time, yesterday it was looking more midday when they wouldn't have reached a peak) and currently building to the south.

Posted

a line of very heavt showers moving this way on radar

There are indeed.

Im hoping they stay south until they get bigger.

Posted

Well the main rainband has almost cleared here now. Hopefully we could catch some showers later this afternoon moving up from the south. Fingers crossed, wait and see time I guess  :whistling:

quicker the rain band moves the better :) really want the chance to capture lightning again! only managed this photo which was many years ago!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

Things certainly developed quickly after a slow start. I was working in Bath and between 07.00-10.30 there was residual low cloud/mist and persistent drizzle after the early heavy rain. Then when the cloud lifted convection happened by 11.00 and as a result there was only minimal sunshine but a defeinite rise in temperature/humidity in that half hour. The radar shows how fast heavy downpours developed over the Wiltshire/Somerset/Bath area and there is a defined dry zone to the South of the line of downpours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

img_7216.jpg?w=450&h=300

Netweather's Office HDQs...

blum.gif

Now I see why the servers went down!! LOL!! (I'd hate to be under that if lightning hit!!)

Looks like its trying to brighten up here now, but still completely overcast, misty and drizzly. Havent been out yet, but its looks dead humid. Really need the sun now!!

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I've seen mention of " Slack winds " , but it's windy in the south east... Not much of storms here today :whistling:

Posted

Pretty much nothing of note here in the SE but there is some decent convection further north, some nice cells to the north-west of London between Oxford and Milton Keynes. Also some nice cells in eastern parts of the SW and also over parts of Wales as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Looks like loads of showers getting close to the Bristol/ Gloucestershire and the South Midlands area.

We had a drizzly shower early and now its breezy with the sun out but also some cloud about

Posted

Server / Connectivity issues aside,

This band of showers to the south is reallt gaining pace.

There is some massive convection round here now, What is also nice is the cells are breaking away from the line and more building behind.

There could be some good showers about later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There must of been lightning to create the thunder..

This is true, but the lightning can be invisible to the viewer, due to being behind a building or above cloud base level.

Dull in Norwich still, I'm not sure if things will get going at all in East Anglia today- I was expecting a sunshine-and-showers look to things by now.

Posted

Just heard thunder from a cell just east SE of here :whistling:

Haven't heard anything on the west side of the city. I recon it'll all get here during the next hour. Looks to be getting sronger on the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I think any showers or thunderstorms are actually going to miss me here completely and go further east! as there is nothing to my west or south west really, which is the direction the clouds seem to be coming from! Looks like we might miss out on this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

I'm driving back from London about 3 any advice which would be the best route for storms? M40 or m1? I'm heading back to Shrewsbury.

Also when you here a sferic on radio, what's the maximum distance you can here them from?

Noticable in the last 15 mins on radio five that's I'm starting to here strikes...

A very active cloudscape here in Hemel right now, just had one cloud burst, looks like another on the way.

Posted

Also when you here a sferic on radio, what's the maximum distance you can here them from?

Depends on what frequency you are tuned to.

In theory you can "hear" lightning from the other side of the planet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Tropical-like rainfall here at the moment with no wind and vertical very heavy rainfall. Don't think there's been a thunder yet. My ears are just a little too pealed for thunder and rumbles could quite easily be Bristol Airport lol. Showers getting stronger on the radar though! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Bloody jets practising for Cosford air show this weekend, I keep thinking I hear thunder!

Pretty black here atm, with the sun poking out warming things up, great stuff