Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've had a beefy shower that's re-generated and has basically camped itself above my back garden....Its been pouring down for the past 2 hours...Sadly though, no rumbles apart from the usual rumbles heard this time of day (my stomach telling me its tea-time...lol)

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Looks like tomorrow is our best bet for more storm activity now as everything is being pushed out over the north sea along that main convergence line.

That said I'm wondering if a new line could form over south to mid wales before the day is out, what does everyone else think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

The cells seem to be "exploding" behind whatever that strange haze is thats moving up the country on the sat images.

Posted

Have a clear example of amazing Cumulus Congestus a few miles to my south-west currently- radar not giving anything away.... yet. Things trying to get going around here, so I'll give it another couple of hours or so.

Thats the worrying thing,

"a couple of hours"

From what i understand come 6pm this may of all gone.

Then again this hasn't gone to plan and not followed what the forecasters said to the letter.

So for my own sanity's sake, i hope a few hours will help then grow. We have some good towers round here. They just dont seem to be getting much bigger.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nice line now going strong just SE of Coventry and edging north whilst back building.

Posted

Torrential rain here in S. Norwich; Thunder, Lightning, the works!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Don't think that's the convergence zone, more rather upper trough contributing to development of heavy showers across the south and east currently. Convergence zone looks to be around central/northern Midlands currently looking on satellite loop.

good.gif radar and trough at 4pm

post-11361-12760139850751_thumb.png

Posted

Hi, I'm in the Great Barr region, so not too far from you. The sky generally looks a mess, with towering Cu trying to develop into something but not really getting there. Radar not showing anything noteworthy for here at the moment.

yep, same can be said for here lol. very messy looking sky, with lots of blurred uniform cloud at the moment, and no sign of any major thunderstorm, if the sun came out things might be clearer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Heavy-looking cell in the Hereford/Ross area at the moment :(

I wonder if it and the stuff over East Wales will reach us.

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Hi, I'm in the Great Barr region, so not too far from you. The sky generally looks a mess, with towering Cu trying to develop into something but not really getting there. Radar not showing anything noteworthy for here at the moment.

Well the sun has come out here properly for the first time today, with breaks in the cloud. it's really humid though. It's a real shame we haven't had anything substantial over the days, it's been such a none event. I know very little about the weather but even i can see it.

Posted

Whats funny is the line of showers were south of me, They died down. Now theres a line of showers to the north of me.

Typical gloucester weather tbh

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

These storms/showers don't look as amazing as what the met office warnings led you to believe...

Posted

Heavy-looking cell in the Hereford/Ross area at the moment :(

I wonder if it and the stuff over East Wales will reach us.

The stuff from East Wales fizzled when it reached here and we had a few spots of rain only despite the angry sky, but it appears to have "regrouped" since.

Posted

What direction is that convergence zone moving in thats up north?

-G

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Really thundery looking here, towers galore. I hear that there's a line of showers going to reach Glos within the next few hours.Don't give up yet!! Met O weather warning dosen't end until 9pm.smile.gif

Posted

Really thundery looking here, towers galore. I hear that there's a line of showers going to reach Glos within the next few hours.Don't give up yet!! Met O weather warning dosen't end until 9pm.smile.gif

Your optimism is great.

I hope your right :)

Theres NO convection to the south of me anymore. Its just a thin layer of grey, Gonna watch some stargate and hope things get better after :)

Edited by Lynxus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Your optimism is great.

I hope your right smile.gif

Theres NO convection to the south of me anymore. Its just a thin layer of grey, Gonna watch some stargate and hope things get better after smile.gif

This is from Thermos Forum:smile.gif

A developing line is heading towards Gloucestershire in the next few hours, lets wait until the end of the evening period before assessing the correctness of the forecast. Still quite a few hours to go

http://null.co.uk/weather.forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11687&start=240

Posted

I would like to be in holland at the moment cracking storm by the looks of it and its been going for most of the day.

The weather here has been boring tho its nice n warm in the sun.

Posted

There is a shower to the SSW of me tacking a very long time to get here its got to the point where i think it wont reach here must be some high rainfall totals where showers are slow moving or have stalled.

Posted

The convergence line has managed to reach the Coventry area and still edges northwards, so hope for Brum and Leicester too.

The NW radar clearly shows this feature with NE surface winds over the northern half of the Midlands while the south Midlands now has S/SW winds:

post-2595-12760161007771_thumb.txt

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Nice big wall of black cloud just to my south creeping slowly this way, plenty of convection going on still but no sferics as yet.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

june2010001.jpg

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

My friend is reporting thunder in Rugby. We have quite heavy rain here again in Stratford and I thought I heard thunder but not sure now!

Posted

Actually looking really interesting here now, both sides of the sky are moving in different directions and it's getting very black!!!