Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Outlook

Coast

Posted

A friend of mine in Coventry has reported a big shower and there is local flooding in the area.

Heck really? i'm 4 miles from cov just to the north, it does look rough over that way.

No thunder here yet but i can now seea good squall line/ gust front forming, might get a funnel ot of this, keep your eyes and cameras open :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

If you look at the latest radar ,along with the wind charts you can see quite cleraly a convergence line ,of which is affecting my area!

post-6830-12760168912885_thumb.png

Posted

If you look at the latest radar ,along with the wind charts you can see quite cleraly a convergence line ,of which is affecting my area!

Plus doesn't gfs show it moving south .

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A friend of mine in Coventry has reported a big shower and there is local flooding in the area.

Torrential on this city webcam:

My link

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

So where does the West Midlands County stand for some convection storms for the rest of the day? Cuz many a'time i've sat and watched and waited for nothing to happen, not the most fun i've had lol x

Posted

ukwind-1.png

viewimagepbx.png

Convergence zone with the line of showers well in line atm so maybe still worth keeping an eye on.

Posted

WOW!!!! this is so cool, you can actually see the two air masses meeting! the clouds from the north are colliding with the clouds from the south!! it's right over my house atm, and it's gone deathly still, no rain as yet or thunder, but there are some really weird cloud dances going on.

Posted

WOW!!!! this is so cool, you can actually see the two air masses meeting! the clouds from the north are colliding with the clouds from the south!! it's right over my house atm, and it's gone deathly still, no rain as yet or thunder, but there are some really weird cloud dances going on.

Thats mad no rain yet its been raining here for about 30mins now and im only 2miles max from bedworth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

What a surprise im still in the no storms club!! haha its a pretty nice day out now with clearing skys and a couple of cumulus clouds floating about no convection unfortunatly!

Posted

Thats mad no rain yet its been raining here for about 30mins now and im only 2miles max from bedworth

You can see the fight going on between the air masses, the north wind is blowing much harder toward the southerly one atm and the convergence line's stopped, right over beduff!

Must only be about 1/2 mile away the rain?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Some very heavy showers along the south Irish coast at the moment. Under one at the moment in Cork city, not thunder yet though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sferic from a cell in Worcestershire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Large mass of towering dakr grey cloud to my South and South West, slowly creeping in this direction. Anyone in the Walsall area seeing anything?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Convection is looking amazing around this region, and also a very interesting observation- to my east, clouds are moving north and east, and over me and to my west, clouds are moving southward. And now, cells are developing rapidly south of here- a sferic detected on the cell over Worcester.

All good but i feel its too late for anything significant now.

Posted

Looking like north wales and even my area may get a pasting from newly developing rain storms over the next hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Heaviest rain we've had here since last November I'd say. No thunder as of yet, though the traffic could be drowning out any in the distance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

I really cant believe my luck.

The storms were south of glos, Now are north of glos.

Not a drop of rain.

Looks like the convergence line will drop south ( by about 5 miles ) and then head north again.

Completely unbelievable

Posted

Some really quick convection going up just to my north now, this cloud wasn't there 20 minutes ago!!!!

june2010016.jpg

Rain has just started here.

Posted

Rain easing off a bit now after a pretty localised downpour. Other than that one rumble of thunder though, that was about it in terms of storm credentials.

Posted

Can see rain starting up again in Bedford/Northampton area and heading this way. Will keep you posted.