Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective Weather UK

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Just had rain here after all, nothing exciting, shame! :closedeyes:

Posted

Hi weather09,

No thunder or lightning for me.But my daughter reported a hail storm after me with a rumble of thunder afterwards. She lives 5 miles away. Typical it seems to kick off when it passes me lol

you mean you didnt hear the thunder :nonono:

or see the flash

caused countless cars alarms to go off

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

you mean you didnt hear the thunder :nonono:

or see the flash

caused countless cars alarms to go off

Sadly nothing here Pat, story of my life lol. It always gets better when it heads down your way lol

Posted

Here in Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset just had v sudden wind gusts (ca. 30-40mph). Wind veered w round to NW in an instant. Twenty mins ago we had a mammatus overhead. No sferics but plenty of drama. :)

Nice pic wurzelandy and welcome to Netweather.:D

Posted

Just had a brief very heavy, very gusty, squally haily shower, if that makes sense :lol: Was outside watching it come in and then there were some very strong gusts about briefly, trees even the other side of the valley floor sounded pretty noisy. This with the heavy rain/hail for a couple of mins.

Now bright sunshine and a touch of mammatus on the back edge. Nice to have a surprise interesting shower even if no thunder.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

Well it's nice to hear reports of convective activity early in the year, fingers crossed this continues and the 'thunderstorm drought' years are behind us!

Perhaps we will be keeping up with the Europeans in 2011? :whistling:

Posted

Well it's nice to hear reports of convective activity early in the year, fingers crossed this continues and the 'thunderstorm drought' years are behind us!

Perhaps we will be keeping up with the Europeans in 2011? :whistling:

Let's not hope because it's all kicking off early in the year that it spoils it all for the Summer grrrrrr lol. I still feel we could all be in luck this year.:) I wish we could keep up with our European friends Lol.:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Great too see others reporting thunder, what a start it is!

Nothing much going on here but fingers crossed for the evening :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

My mother called from churhdown a few hours ago saying everything was white with hail and they had some great thunder.

Typical.. I move to a different part of Glos and dont get any thunder ehehhe.

Still..

Hail is a good start

Posted

yes this as to be a great sign for Jane :drinks:

Let's hope so lol :winky:.Can't wait for the summer storms that have deserted me over the past few years.:search:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

. I still feel we could all be in luck this year.:)

:bomb: :lol: Dont say that! Lol.

Tbh it cant get much worse than last year. If the 23rd September storm never happened here then last year really would have been pretty stormless here. Thankfully that storm was a cracker with very frequent lightning in the night sky for a change! :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

:bomb: :lol: Dont say that! Lol.

Tbh it cant get much worse than last year. If the 23rd September storm never happened here then last year really would have been pretty stormless here. Thankfully that storm was a cracker with very frequent lightning in the night sky for a change! :D

:oops: lol I hope it will be better. Every year is exciting as to what the storm season may bring. I am going to remain optimistic and it's a good start to 2011 already.:drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Just having a sharp shower with a little hail mixed in. Its already the second most wintry day of 2011. :lol:

Posted

Havent been here in a while due it being the dullest period of weather i can remember!

had a shower pass over yesterday which dropped some heavy rain and my mate rang me from the pub 100 yards away across the street to tell me it was hailing there. THATS a SMALL margin!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I am still waiting for my first cumulonimbus sighting since the 8th January- and I was up in Cleadon that day! It must be very rare for Norwich to go through a whole six week period without ever having a cumulonimbus. The nearest approach was a bit of cumulus congestus associated with "snizzly" showers on 27 January and a couple of rain showers on 12 February. In contrast I'm told that Cleadon had a pretty lively showery day as recently as 27 February.

Posted

Looks like limited activity for a good few days at least as anticylonic conditons conitinue to dominate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I think the GFS version would produce more widespread excitement in terms of hail, sleet/snow and local thunder with sharp temperature drops during showers- it would probably be the most potent polar maritime incursion (in terms of cold and instability) in March since at least 1995 if it came off. ECM's version keeps the colder and less stable air out west so I would expect showers to be mostly confined to the north-western third of Britain- but it has shown a clear movement in the direction of GFS this evening.

Posted

4 days on from my last post activity still fairly distant, models have been hinting at something minor for the end of the week as this cold air comes in.

Posted

4 days on from my last post activity still fairly distant, models have been hinting at something minor for the end of the week as this cold air comes in.

Not for us in the South, but Scotland maybe?

post-6667-0-45828900-1299488574.png

post-6667-0-23143300-1299488596.png

post-6667-0-11737200-1299488620.png

post-6667-0-45828900-1299488574_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-23143300-1299488596_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-11737200-1299488620_thumb.pn