Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

She more famously once carried my golf clubs..........

:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Can we stick to Convective Chit-Chat please? :wallbash:

Posted

Kaddy has been quoted as saying supercells nearby on the continent, with a slim chance of some of that system of weather brushing parts of E Kent...how more convective do you need :wallbash:

Posted

I think we all need to move to the general weather chat :wallbash: would be nice to have a chit chat with you all :unknw:

Posted

Can we stick to Convective Chit-Chat please? :wallbash:

Whilst I agree, it's good once in a while to have a "cool down" along with the weather :unknw:

But anyhow, ill get it on topic if i can;

NMM shows what many are thinking about the far E/SE staying mostly dry and avoiding the heavy rainfall, nmm also confirms my thoughts on my neck of the words, close but no cigar lol.

post-12083-087453900 1279058924_thumb.pn

Posted

:unknw: did you put the order in from the shop on the phone...its a present for Kaddy ,,if you can remember the FIRST conversation

on another note Paul...might meet you down on the coast tomorrow night

Sorry no can do - I dont get out of bed if the Cape is not above 2,500jkg :wallbash: Sorry Mate

In all seriousness you really would NOT Want a Full Blown HP Supercell trundling through parts of the Uk - There would be absolute carnage and Mayhem, It's all well and good seeing these things in the Plains but not IMBY Thank you very much - Why do you think there are no Conservatories with Glass Roofs in the States :D:D

Posted

Sorry no can do - I dont get out of bed if the Cape is not above 2,500jkg :wallbash: Sorry Mate

:unknw:

so Im down on the Coast watching the Supercell called Kaddy...

well you never know it might happen..lol

Tomorrow could be the highlight of the year

Edited by Pat Carter

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

We shall see - I would love to be proved wrong and experience a Kaddy 'supercell' (or even a Carol 'humdinger' :wallbash: ) but I genuinely don't believe the pulse of rain will be thundery when it passes our region - yes, most likely later in the day when it's across the North Sea/BeNeLux, but not during afternoon. I just can't see it on the charts sadly. Hope it changes though! :unknw:

Supercells are indeed very excIting to watch - much much less so to be actually under at home. Along with the predicted London disaster tomorrow (said with fingers crossed behind my back for a no show) it might be worth getting in the mood and watching a u tube video or two of what supercells can do. There is a very unpleasant one of a families house being destroyed by a strong tornado.

The well organised and expert net weather annual storm chase is the best and safest way to get an extreme weather fix if you need one. These storms are amazing to view indeed.

But I guess I take these things too seriously these days as an ex storm fan (at least IMBY) and will bow out before more rotten fruit is aimed in my direction.

Posted

Supercells are indeed very excIting to watch - much much less so to be actually under at home.

Agree with that - defo a case of be careful what you wish for...

Posted

Agree with that - defo a case of be careful what you wish for...

I wish for a non-tornadic LP supercell, with my location being free from the hail core and most dangerous lightning...:wallbash:

Posted

Im wishing for winter lol...

I would kill for a really full blown thunderstorm, all i've had is a few shows south east of me and out into the North Sea.

Posted

I wish for a violent HP Supercell over the sea....that doesnt make land fall..

with fantastic lightning and a huge Stove pipe funnel..

Photograph of the year :wallbash:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hows it looking for south wales? any chance we'll get a thunderstorm tomorrow?

Posted

Majorca Sept 2010

post-24-085516200 1279060291_thumb.jpg

lol......just booked..September 1st :wallbash:

Hows it looking for south wales? any chance we'll get a thunderstorm tomorrow?

we all have a chance..maybe.....but the S/E looks very interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

im beggin that we get something even if its just out to sea so i can sit on the beach and watch. i'll be happy with that.

we all have a chance..maybe.....but the S/E looks very interesting

Edited by wchris_uk

Posted

hi pat

when you S/E how far west of that area looks interesting?

Hi mate,

its still got plenty of time for further developments yet...either way I would of thought....take it as a pinch of salt...nothing concrete just yet..

might never happen....or it could be some humdingers

how far west seems to be anyones guess at the moment..IF they spread that far or even materlise

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I have faith we'll see something here in N.Ireland, if not tommorow then Thursday. Even if it goes wayward it'll be good to see some amazing CB cloud scapes.

Posted

im beggin that we get something even if its just out to sea so i can sit on the beach and watch. i'll be happy with that.

that would be good :unknw: prob very photogenic as well (that was a long word...) :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm just wishing for anything, just a few flashes and rumbles would be good, and after 5pm please so I'm out of work. I suppose if it comes during work and takes out the power that would be fine too!

Latest NMM charts not looking quite as nice for PPN tomorrow...

06z run, 15z tomorrow...

post-3392-098264000 1279060526_thumb.png

12z run, 15z tomorrow...

post-3392-064632200 1279060532_thumb.png

Also slightly reduced CAPE values but that's probably always going to happen this close to the event. Hoping those PPN charts aren't anything to worry about.

Looking forward to radar watching and reading the forums as much as possible tomorrow at work.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Think i might join in a lttle bit, I wish for a big supercell with violent lightning and for it to produce a huge waterspout along with torrential hail :unknw:. Oh and to make sure the lightning is every 2 to 5 secs mmm and with very storng wind gusts :wallbash:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

N-W Storm forecast issued for tomorrow 06z to Thursday 06z: http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

*Maybe revised tomorrow* but basing it on 18z GFS output and input from other models out this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I'm just wishing for anything, just a few flashes and rumbles would be good, and after 5pm please so I'm out of work. I suppose if it comes during work and takes out the power that would be fine too!

Latest NMM charts not looking quite as nice for PPN tomorrow...

06z run, 15z tomorrow...

post-3392-098264000 1279060526_thumb.png

12z run, 15z tomorrow...

post-3392-064632200 1279060532_thumb.png

Also slightly reduced CAPE values but that's probably always going to happen this close to the event. Hoping those PPN charts aren't anything to worry about.

Looking forward to radar watching and reading the forums as much as possible tomorrow at work.

Looks okay for here on those could get some hevay showers out of those hopefully and if lucky a rumble of thunder would be nice, im gunna stay positive.

hi stormyking

could you put that waterspout out at sea? say the nab tower then we can both see it!!:pardon:

Haha, okay how about 2 of them, one out in the sandown bay which is where im facing and another for the bit between IOW and Mainland, does that sound fair :p