Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Storm Discussion Thread

Coast

Posted

KADDY BBC SOUTH EAST TODAY :

Supercell Storms in france , yes supercells!... Keep an eye on those as they could clip eastern kent , perhaps spreading further west :(:help: :help:

Dunno how they're supposed to clip Kent or "possibly further west" ? All supercells tomorrow are confined to the eastern half of BeNeLux, not even the western half, let alone clipping Kent.

Posted

wow...wish I had saw this forecast...

If Supercells hit the East Coast Im going down there to meet the Terminator..lol

I mean the sherminator..Im sure Paul wont miss this IF it comes off

any updates Neil let us know :(

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, humid & exciting

So am I right in thinking the best chances for a chase tomorrow would be from Midlands to NE England as the trough moves through? MetO pressure charts have the trough still off the SW coast at 1200 and up in Scotland by 0000, guessing then that hopefully it will pass though the midlands in the late afternoon, although fairly swiftly. Might aim to get to Nottingham for 1pm & see how things develop. Any advice would be appreciated! :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

I'm pretty excited about these next 2 days....and now hearing of Supercells in France makes it even better.

Isolated TS's on Thursday for me and Heavy/Thundery (post frontal) showers tommorow. Tis all good.

Posted

well I have changed my opinion and as usaul Im going for Oxford eastwards...

But it does look very interesting down far South East for a severe outbreak possible....IF Kaddie's forecast pay's off

This is the one Im more interested in..

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

As I have just mentioned in the 'in depth' convective discussion thread - IMO if there will be any severe potential - i think it would most likely be across E/NE England from The Wash to the North York Moors area with best overlap of potential instability, speed shear and directional shear:

Looking like there could be some nasty storms with supercells capable of damaging winds, large hail and tornadoes over far Nern France into the Low Countries with much better overlap of stronger instability and deep layer + low-level shear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

blast :doh: this is the time to head for France on the ferry tomorrow afternoon

HOW many times this year are we going to miss out by a matter of 100 miles??? This is getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating :help::(:help:

I think Kaddy may be a bit storm starved too - I really cannot see any potential for imports tomorrow - I think the storms will push too far east!!

Posted
Posted

HOW many times this year are we going to miss out by a matter of 100 miles??? This is getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating :doh::(:help:

I think Kaddy may be a bit storm starved too - I really cannot see any potential for imports tomorrow - I think the storms will push too far east!!

Harry...I wasnt expecting this in France...so un-prepared..otherwise I would go..

would meet you tomorrow night IF they do push more Westwards...only takes 2 hrs from here to get down into the S/E

to the above poster....IT still could change :help:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

I really wouldn't get your hopes up - I live in Kent and I'm not! It does not look like the supercells will 'clip' Kent, but just a mass of heavy rain could potentially clip Kent. The supercells are reserved for the eastern side of BeNeLux, not the western side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I just watched that SE forecast, and I swear to god that when she said "These are not normal thunderstorms" I was waiting for her to add ..."These are M&S thunderstorms!"....lol......I'll fetch me coat!

Posted

I just watched that SE forecast, and I swear to god that when she said "These are not normal thunderstorms" I was waiting for her to add ..."These are M&S thunderstorms!"....lol......I'll fetch me coat!

did you see Phillip Avery do his forecast?

didnt look that impressive with showers for the rest of the country...The odd clap of thunder :(

Kaddie's forecast was the most exciting of them all....any chance getting her over here to do the West forecast :help:

Is she on facebook :help:

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

Kaddie's forecast was the most exciting of them all....any chance getting her over here to do the West forecast :good:

No! And you can't have Michael Fish either who does our local forecast occasionally. Only the finest on BBC SE News.

Carol Kirkwood's humdingers in the morning, or is she still away?

Posted

No! And you can't have Michael Fish either who does our local forecast. Only the finest on BBC SE News.

Carol Kirkwood's humdingers in the morning, or is she still away?

lol...I will swap Humdinger for Kaddie :lol: :good:

If she uses the expression humdingers for the average crack of thunder..I would be intrigued to see her expression for a Supercell tomorrow :lol:

example...Atomic nuclear Storms :lol:

Im PMSL here

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

did you see Phillip Avery do his forecast?

didnt look that impressive with showers for the rest of the country...The odd clap of thunder :good:

Kaddie's forecast was the most exciting of them all....any chance getting her over here to do the West forecast :lol:

Is she on facebook :lol:

For the midlands forecast, they should pre-warn storm lovers before the forecast, saying..."Warning, the following programme will contain scenes of total dullness & boredom" :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well, if there are widespread thunderstorms tomorrow, it'll be another in my bag of "the MetO are weak at forecasting thunderstorm activity"...perhaps holding some more ground than a sweeping statement found in a tabloid! lol

Posted

Harry...I wasnt expecting this in France...so un-prepared..otherwise I would go..

would meet you tomorrow night IF they do push more Westwards...only takes 2 hrs from here to get down into the S/E

to the above poster....IT still could change :good:

Pat, your cheapster you promised to wait for me and the french plume (which by the way has gone plume de ma tant, t'''''s up)

Just coz nowt moves up through the central southern area anymore your deserting me for the SE :lol:

Posted

I cant stop laughing..(video)tomorrows forecast :lol: :lol: thats got to be one of the best

anyway.....whatever hapens its going to be fun tomorrow for some..

showers first thing I reckon in the morning from the word go

Quentin

Im waiting for the Plume mate....then will go South of the country :good::drinks: cant miss a supercell...if we are lucky enough

Edited by Pat Carter

Posted

I cant stop laughing..(video)

anyway.....whatever hapens its going to be fun tomorrow for some..

showers first thing I reckon in the morning from the word go

Quentin

Im waiting for the Plume mate....then will go South of the country :good::drinks: cant miss a supercell...if we are lucky enough

To be honest I think the south coast is not the place be, it'll need some thermals to trigger some activity, the current direction is all wrong for that, more inland you'll do better as the heat rises and triggers something.

Cool sea breezes & wrong direction with lack of heat suggest here is not the place to be.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Did I hear possible supercell? Best I get the van rigged up tomorrow and maybe a chase down to the SE for more lighting pics in the afternoon if things stay as predicted :good: